1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your reasons for choosing your first doll?

Jun 21, 2011

1. reason was love at first sight hahaha

2. I went with a dollzone doll for price and aesthetics. I thought they looked so cute and were just within my price range. I got a MSD girl and she was the perfect first doll! Precious face, good quality, and perfect size for me. She has very friendly eyes and a slightly mysterious smile. What’s not to love?

3. I was just browsing around cause i found that i really like dolls after i was introduced to this hobby by my friend, so I looked on a website, then i saw dollzone gray and i completely fell straight in love :D

4. He was just so bloody perfect and I couldn't get him out of my head, so yeah, I simply fell for him pretty hard and got him home.

5. I chose my first doll because I thought she fit my character. I rushed into it and regretted it afterwards ;; I think it’s mostly because I finally had the money to buy a doll and didn’t think it through aha

6. I told myself I would only get one doll. I wanted an SD to be a redheaded guy. He had to be able to look both vulnerable and grouchy, but also dorky. I thought Migidoll Ell fit the bill, and I found the perfect body on the MP by chance later. Though my girl's head arrived first. The reason I got her was simply because I couldn't get her out of my head.

7. I didn't even want to buy or have a BJD and was just browsing pictures of them 'for fun'.

But when I saw pictures of Ringdoll's Merlin I was instantly calmed down by his gentle expression. I think I was feeling really bad at that moment (physically and mentally) and just looking at his calm face was so comforting for me.
      I still didn't want to order him at first but eventually got annoyed about how much this doll was stuck in my head. So I gave in after a few weeks and I'm very glad I did! :lol:

8. my first doll was an ElfDoll because she was so pretty , Soah. I still have her:sweat

9. When I saw her sculpt online, she destroyed my shortlist of sculpts by resembling my favourite character very strongly even though she ended up as the late teens version. I was unsure of the hobby back then so her price and her size(Parabox Megu on Obitsu 50 body) was very reasonable.

10. My first doll was an Elfdoll Lydia that I bought because she was fairly realistic, had an adult body, was 1:3 size which was the size I wanted & available without ordering overseas. She was in stock at the now defunct Dolls & Friends & their service rep talked me thru the entire process answering all the questions I still had about BJDs. I got her in about 3 days so that was instant gratification which was also a big plus.

11. I would said love at first sight. I was browsing a bjd website, and I saw a picture of Lo-chew from 2D Doll. I was like yes! That's him!! My ideal doll with all the features I love.I immediately purchased the doll. So happy to have him in my collection.

12. For a few years I was looking at different sculpts and there was one I was totally in love with and always went back to the same sculpt, strangely when it was time for me to actually purchase one I found another sculpt that was so precious and just kind of spoke to me lol so I ended up getting my crobidoll Nia! No regrets x)

13. I chose my first doll out of instinct I guess? Lol I just knew I’m gunna love that face model sooooo much I need to have it.

14. I just liked her.

15. My first doll, a 5stardoll Lura, was bought because I loved the sculpt. The ears and enigmatic little smile were perfect.

16. for me i just felt this connection with her the sculpt is a my you Delila 45cm. I just saw her face and fell in love. i was looking for a size 45cm doll that didn't look like a child and kept goung back to Alice collection to look at her.

17. I’d never heard of bjd’s but saw some pictures of beautiful black dolls on Pinterest that I fell in love with. So after finding out more about them I bought my first Mikki by Kaye Wiggs from eBay. I had to wait a while until the right one came up but am totally in love with her expression.

18. same when i look at dollfie dreams i looka t the face and outfits firts but for me the reason i got miku as my first dollfie is because shes my idol and i love her so much!

19. I chose my first doll (or rather, the company I would purchase from) for the price point. I was a broke teen and the doll would be a gift from my mom, so it couldn't have been one of the more expensive ones. I found that the RS Song looked enough like one of my OCs and chose him. I'm not sure if I would have wanted a doll if it didn't match one of my characters, but luckily I found him.

20. My first doll is based on a character of mine, Jima. There were a few things I was very picky about, and one big thing I had to settle on, as well as looking at something within my price range.
      I settled on a DollLeaves Jeremy for multiple reasons. He was cheaper than I expected for a double jointed doll, and he had two of the things I was looking for most: eye shape and size, and his nose shape.
      The thing I had to settle on was his lips. Though I wanted a doll with full lips, his are a bit of a weird shape. Hopefully that doesn't wind up driving me crazy because otherwise, he's absolutely perfect!