1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your reasons for choosing your first doll?

Jun 21, 2011

1. I chose my first doll because he was a bit smaller, but still had an attractive face and body. I didn't want something too big or overwhelming at first, and I've only just ordered him, but I have a good feeling about everything <3 I'm so excited!

2. My reasons for choosing my first doll:

Limited holycrapishesoldoutnow?! Mm, pretty much the only thing that pushed me into getting my first doll was that it was a limited and there was no indication whether there would be a second release. Of course, I was also enamoured by his face. It was something I just kept coming back to and staring at. And he was one of the most posable dolls on the market at that point in time. But mostly holycrapLIMITED. Yep.

I love him so much. 8D

Edit: Whoops, I posted on the previous page some time back. But well, it's almost his 6th Anniversary, so \o/~<3

3. My first doll was (is) a DragonDoll Di, now discontinued. I'd just gotten into the hobby and came across the announcement of a new BJD company selling an affordable, rather skinny doll with a smaller SD-sized head. Oh, and I found out Mint On Card was carrying those, and actually had one in white skin in stock... Ok, there you got my reasons: affordable, skinny with a smaller sized head, and with fast delivery. Back then I hadn't realized yet I largely preferred slim dolls with smaller heads (I was just getting "familiar" with molds and sculpts), not was I aware that time was going to be such a factor for me in the not-so-distant future... That said by someone who ordered a Dollshe Saint a year ago, but isn't expecting to see him in two or three more months.

In summary: I didn't want to spend that much money + I had some ideas for my doll's looks already + I wanted the doll ASAP! Or within two weeks time from the order date in any case.

4. I chose Gus to be my first doll is because of his smile! His smile makes me happy. XD
      Though most of my friends thought I chose him because of his eyes. (we kinda have the same droopy eyes LOL) XD

5. After thinking it over for some time i have come to the conclusion that Is more of a feeling or spark of an idea. It's really hard to explain but let me tell you what happened to me.

I first introduced to Bjds when i was attending an anime convention. Since than i've been browsing the web checking out different doll sites. Than about a year ago i stubbled upon Luts and fell in love with Bory. I decided that this would be my first doll, but not to be hasty i did some research. Talked to doll owners at cons, looked at pictures and videos. I was convinced that without a doubt that this would be my Doll so i starting saving. Mind you, this was all a year ago.

Fast forward to present day.

In november Luts announces that they will be holding a winter event and i was alerted via email. "huh?" i thought. "Maybe i'll go check it out...could be a killer sale!" So i click on the link and who do i see. NEW WINTER EVENT DOLLS!! :o I check them out and get struck again by the love bug, but not for Bory, but for the new kid delf Yuz.

Can you guess who i bought?

Mind you again i've had a story and character and everything all ready set up for Bory...for year...A YEAR!! But I ordered Yuz anyway. Why?...i don't know...it was just a feeling....I loved his eyes, the shape of his face, his pout i couldn't resist.

and i don't regret it...:aheartbea

6. Cause Mike screamed at me he was an Delf El.

7. The reason I choose my first doll is because of my weird obsession for elves :sweat and she was so cute looking and so adorable with her floppy pointed ears and pale skin that I just had to have her. I kept looking around at others dolls but i would find myself keeping going back to her page and looking at her thinking how cute she was. She also fitted perfectly with a character in one of my stories that I am currently writing and the more i researched on her model the more and more i just fell in love with her and just had to have her.

8. For me it was... love at first sight...
      I have been into the hobby for a good five years now but only recently (well half a year ago) got my first doll. I looked and looked all over for the doll that would be the 'first' for me but failed to find one that was satisfactory. In the end I settled with DollZone's Kimi. So, I put the money for her in the bank and went on eBay to order her and on the suggestion box there was, among other things, Doll Leaves' W. Needless to say he caught my eye and soon had me completely captivated. There was no way I could have resisted!!

9. My first doll was a Fairyland ShuShu. I thought she was so pretty on the sales page, I just had to have her! It was also nice how small she was so I'd be able to take her more places.

10. I chose my first doll, just because I fell in love with the character I had created as I played world of warcraft. She's my preist, and has become a part of me. Growing, as if she was a daughter to me. But, the mold I saw the first time was shown to me by a friend. Lian from Resinsoul, and right away I knew that she was the one (And the fact that it had been hard for me to find one that comes in a purple), and the fact that all she would need is a faceup when I got her was the biggest choice.

I've got her now, and what a lovely doll she is <3.

11. My first BJD was Sissy from Impldoll because the doll was relatively cheap, I could buy it through a dealer in my country and I liked her face and size (MSD). Later, I fell in love with dolls from Iplehouse but I still like my Adele (Sissy) a lot and usually have her sitting somewhere near me, right now she's looking over my shoulder to check what I'm writing about her :lol:

12. I bought him compulsively, only two days later, looking again at his pictures on the web, I realized I must've chosen him because he looks so much like me xD

13. I saw Soom's new (at the time) MD Migma, I fell in love with her face. Also, the light violet resin didn't hurt. XD

14. For me it was love at first sight&#8230;homme ducan is a doll that I could not stop myself from buying.
      And I wasn't even looking for a doll&#8230;somehow I just got sucked into the hobby. Now that I think about it I didn't really have any reason for buying the doll&#8230;or any of my other dolls&#8230;I just couldn't help myself lol.

15. I have had my boy for about a year now but it feels like I bought him just yesterday~
      I first saw BJD's online and I knew how much money they really cost, so i did LOTS of research, high and low, brands and sculpts.

In the end I bought him in Hong Kong. Right there, on the spot. I just saw him. He and I just clicked.

I actually didnt know know what sculpt he was or anything at all. Though after a bit of research he is a MSD Angel of Dream with an An head :)

16. The reason I choose my first doll is because I have opportunity to buy it via shop in my country... Stupid reason : D Of course I choose it because in that time I love her, but I sell her a few months ago : P

17. I decided to buy my fist Bjd when my sister in law received her Pukipuki. I just fell in love with it. I spent hours looking at the different sculpts. Finally I picked the one that looked the most like my daughter, which is the Madeleine scuplt.

18. My reason is the same reason as it was for the seven dolls I've gotten since the first doll, they fit the character of mine I wanted to make into a doll.

19. Frozia, You're lucky : D I wish my brother buy some bjd's : P but I can only imagine that ^^;

20. I chose my first doll because I'd fallen in love with the Dream of Doll sculpts, and I couldn't afford my favourite, a DOT Homme Ducan. Because I thought that the DOC Homme Kirill looked a lot like Ducan, and looked quite old for an MSD (so as to fit with the character I had in mind for him), I went ahead and bought him. Simple as that :)