1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Youthful looking 60cm boys

Apr 8, 2008

1. I'm making an informal list of youthful looking 60cm boys.

Edit: Youthful being early teens or younger.

Please contribute if you have a moment ^^

This is Idrisfynn's list, I've just copy pasted it. I'll add to it if needed.

Abio Angel
      Ling
      Yi
      Er
      San

Angell Studio
      Cain

Angel Region
      Allern
      Nik
      Warrick

Cerberus Project
      Chiwoo
      Dambi
      Harang
      Shiwoo

CustomHouse
      Chowon
      Cyn
      Hyun
      Siwon
      Sram

D612
      La Petite Prince

Doll in Mind
      Persia
      Danbi
      Angelo
      Rain
      Jeremy
      Archernar
      Bjorn
      Lloyd
      Andrea
      Edmon
      Galahad
      Robel
      Byron

Dolkot
      Abel
      Hara
      Kiss
      Moon/Loon
      Ryo

Dollish
      U-da

Dollmore
      Orlando Joey

Dream of Doll
      Sha

Glorydoll
      Karl
      Louis

HyperManic
      Gye-do
      Na-hu

Iplehouse
      Louis

K-Doll
      Kamyu
      Karon
      Kill_U

Kawainino
      Ando
      Iz

Musedoll
      Re-Che

Ocean Moon
      Shou-Ryu

Peak's Woods
      Segi (originally made to be their only boy)

Roxydoll
      Eun-U

Serendipity
      Lucian

So-Nyeon-Gi
      Hyul
      Javi

Soom
      Dimo
      Hyun-un

Souldoll
      Lune

Volks
      Mark
      Michael
      Michele
      School C
      Syo
      Shiro
      Tsukasa
      Ushiwakamaru

2. Volks Okita Souji, very boyish :XD:
      Luts Chiwoo

3. volks mark :]

4. Dream Project 612 - Le Petit Prince

5. Volks School C (unisex head)
      So-Nyeon-Gi Javi (unisex head)
      Musedoll Re-Che (1st and 2nd edition are different sculpts)
      Dollga Irian
      Serendipity Lucian

6. Here's my go at it! I decided to leave off some boy dolls, their youthfulness really depends on their face-up and some dolls can be made to look much more mature if they are painted that way. For example, I think the Dollstown boys can go either way, so I left them off:

Abio Angel-
      Ling
      Yi
      Er
      San

Angell Studio-
      Cain

Angel Region-
      Allern
      Nik
      Warrick

Cerebus Project-
      Chiwoo
      Shiwoo
      Harang
      Dambi

CustomHouse-
      Hyun
      Siwon
      Chowon
      Sram
      Cyn

D612-
      La Petite Prince

Doll in Mind-
      Persia
      Danbi
      Angelo
      Rain
      Jeremy
      Archernar
      Bjorn
      Lloyd
      Andrea
      Edmon
      Galahad
      Robel
      Byron

Dolkot-
      Kiss
      Hara
      Ryo
      Moon/Loon
      Abel

Dollish-
      U-da

Dollmore-
      Orlando Joey

Dream of Doll-
      Sha

Glorydoll-
      Louis
      Karl

HyperManic-
      Gye-do
      Na-hu

Iplehouse-
      Louis

K-Doll-
      Kill_U
      Kamyu
      Karon

Kawainino-
      Ando
      Iz

Musedoll-
      Re-Che

Ocean Moon-
      Shou-Ryu

Peak's Woods-
      Segi (originally made to be their only boy)

Roxydoll-
      Eun-U

Serendipity-
      Lucian

So-Nyeon-Gi-
      Hyul
      Javi

Soom-
      Dimo
      Hyun-un

Souldoll-
      Lune

Volks-
      Michael
      Michele
      Ushiwakamaru
      School C
      Syo
      Shiro
      Tsukasa
      Mark

It's a really incomplete list but that's all I got right now. If anyone really thinks there's something on my list that shouldn't be, I'll take it off. ;)

7. Iplehouse has Louis, the only baby-face in the family!

I personally think almost ALL of the Volks boys go on that list. The cats, the cat-burglars, the Tokyo Boys, the pirates, everyone; they look college-age at most to me. ^^ And all the SchoolHeads, them being unisex.

How about everyone at DOT & DOI? All tall, all very teenaged. Luke, Crush, Lahoo, Camine, those guys.

8. I guess I was trying to stick to dolls that are more easily believable as 13 year olds and staying away from any doll that could look 16 or over. At that point you could list 99.999% of 60cm boys. :lol:

9. Thanks for the fantastic list, I've put it at the top ^^

10. OK, "13 and under" then. Be more specific! 'Cause 16 looks positively childlike to some of us! *snerk* I guess "youthful" to my eyes is wayyy different than "youthful" to a 20-year-old's eyes.

11. I'd like to add an SD size little boy doll (one that looks in the 7-11 years old age range) to my collection, but I definitely want one that looks like a boy, not a girl in boy's clothes. I was thinking maybe D.I.M.'s Byron?

http://www.junkyspot.com/IMAGES/DIMDOLL/byron4.jpg

Any suggestions would help, or if you can guide me to a thread where this might have been discussed before. Thanks!

12. I don't have any suggestions, sorry.

But the Byron you linked to looks like a girl to me. I guess a lot is in they eye of the beholder. My partner has a tanned Mano and an SD16 and several of my colleagues thought they were girls when they arrived - just from the faces.

Teddy

13. I think Customhouse boys can look very young, like the beautiful Hyun. There is also a company (can't remember the name) which has made le Petit Prince in SD size, an adorable one.

14. Yeah: Customhouse, DIM, and Serendipity! Those guys tend to look very young to me.

Also, check out some of the Leeke boys-- I think Mihael looks like a sullen 11-year-old, but he's 60cm.

And yes, Volks SD13 Syo. World's tallest 5-year-old. ^^

15. I think Volks Syo/Show is a great choice too. He looks young but not girlish. But guess there are actually many boys out there. Also depends on the face-up, clothes and wig..

16. My 60cm sized 10 year olds are a Custom House Cyn and a Peak's Woods Segi head on a Volks SD10 body.

Agreeing with everybody else about Volks Syo, some of the Custom House boys (Hyun is my other favorite), MuDoll's Petite Prince, and most of the Doll in Mind boys. Serendipity no longer has an English website, I'm not sure how easy it is to order from their Korean site but the Lucian sculpt is great and the body is really well designed. Glorydoll's Louis or Karl are full of ennui but certainly young looking. Your garden variety Chiwoo is a good choice too.

Also look into the unisex heads by so-nyeon-gi being sold by 4D and the Crobidoll sculpt called Thor.

Of course, a number of girl head sculpts could easily be made to look like a young boy with the right face-up and clothing. :)

17. How could I forget? Volks SchoolHead "B"! I have made that into a 60cm boy. It worked for me to have him be an 'overgrown' 14 years old. That's a real unisex anime-style face, but it looks very boyish when painted boyish. And you could make it age 7, 10, or 15 if you wanted to; it's so cartoony that any age would work.

(I have since shrunk him to an SD10, but he did look awfully cute as a big babyfaced SD13.)

I've also seen SchoolHeads 'A' & 'C' painted very young; but I usually see them as more mature, i.e. teens at the youngest.

Hey, the other new Crobidoll head besides Thor-- I know there's at least 1 more now-- he's also a funny little chubcake babyface. What's he called?

18. I love Volks SD10 boys, Mark especially. And as others have said, CP's Chiwoo.

Linda S.
      galatia9