1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

You've got ALL the dolls you want-- What Next???

May 4, 2011

1. I'm almost there. I think there might be three more dolls on my wish list, all of which are planned for 2015. After that, my focus will be on selling the few dolls who still need new homes, finishing the unfinished dolls, working on display spaces, and of course taking photos and making jewelry. :)

2. I'm one of those folks with a completed collection. All the characters I've set out to resinate are now in doll form and customized to my liking, some in several incarnations. Every once in a while I love a newly released doll, but I don't expect to buy any more new ones. There is still a couple of customizations I'd like to execute though, so I don't think I'll lock the doll cabinet and throw away the key just yet. ;)

3. I'm about to reach the point where I have all the sculpts I want. Then I'll just sit on my haunches and wait for some very crazy innovations to come out. Also I'll be "upgrading" my current dolls, such as getting them all jointed hands, and fantasy parts for their alternate forms. Of course there is always clothes to buy.

4. Aha! Now here's an interesting question.
      First of all, I think I'm not far from finishing my collection. That's why I asked my self "what's next?" several times this year.

I think I will miss that feeling, when at first you want a doll, then saving up for it, then wait for it and then just "weeeeeeeee!!!!!)))))))"

I really work a lot last few years and I don't have enough time to spent with my dolls. So I don't see any trouble here - once every of my characters are with me, I can just try to play them more, than I did before. And take pictures I wanted all this time and couldn't because of the time lacking.

What's more - there are still doll characters I can't purchase, because they don't even exist yet on the market. I need a dwarf bjd for example - and not a cutie little thing reminding me a child with it's looks. But a manly, hairy, beerliking dwarf! I also need an oldman bjd, with a body of an oldman, so face up won't give me what I need. And some other exotics.

So, when the crew if full, and there's no other doll I need, I think I will wait for those exclusities I just mentioned above.

5. Ha-ha, pretty weird theme, I think. For me, I'm afraid when I'll "got all dolls I wanted" , Soom and Iplehouse will make smth what will allow them to get into my pocket veeery soon ><
      And yep, there are always outfits, wigs, eyes to buy ))

6. For people natural always want something more. IMO there is no end at all ?D
      Also there are limit dolls and some of them nearly impossible to get.

7. To me I prefer to get doll clothes and if I still like dolls I might have a new sculpt I want during that time

8. I originally wanted 1 doll, then 3, then 5, then 7, ughh then 9 and in now almost 10 haha
      For me I think my collection will keep growing for a while, until I loose interest in the hobby, though I don't think I'll completely loose interest soooo... there are still a few dolls I kinda like and may consider purchasing.

I think for people who feel like they have collected all the dolls they wanted they may loose interest a bit tbh

9. I do not have huge collection of dolls, but I am content with my dolls. I do want to get VOLKS doll since it is what started it all. I want to visit the LA office next month to find out if I really want one.

10. I'm not sure "all the dolls" could ever happen. There's always something new, either just released or new-to-me, to hold my attention. And there's styling, repainting, new costumes, new photo opportunities...so many things that can happen, and will keep happening for as long as this hobby exists.

11. If I got all the dolls on my wishlist, got them all shelled out, then I would likely move on to another aspect of the hobby. I'd likely invest more in learning how to paint faceups, blushing, make props. I can almost almost be certain that I might find new dolls to get though.

12. My collection is essentially complete - there may be some future release that I decide to pick up, but I'm not actively looking for any new dolls.

As for "What now?" it's the same as it's always been - the dolls get displayed and occasionally re-styled and photographed. I've never particularly thought that the acquisition of new dolls/items was really the core of this hobby (outside of having a first doll, at least), so it's not really a big shift for me.

13. Good question! O_o
      I have one more to go, but I think I would start working on dedicating a whole bedroom to them. One wall would be of shelving set up like a doll house for display and their furniture, another for organizing their clothing, and so forth. I would then focus on making more clothing, and learning better photography, and just enjoying having the money to spend on the dolls I have rather than buying that next doll. And shoes! Lots of shoes! I would have a rack for all their shoes, LOL! What a dream. ^_^

Then I would avoid looking at any more dolls, just in case a new 'grail' doll shows up, but that's very hard with all the new sculpts coming out every day.

14. If I ever actually managed to get all the dolls on my wishlist (because I keep adding more!) I'd probably focus on sewing and making clothes and accessories for them, maybe little dioramas too. I think I'd also buy "in serious need of repair" dolls and fix them up for fun!

15. I have all of my grails. They have enough clothes. I will undoubtably make still more, because sewing is kind of what I do. Now I have started collecting perfectly in scale furniture and props. They have diningroom, and livingroom sets of furniture.They tell me they want a 1/3 scale pirate ship and an ancient Egyptian throne room diorama. Oh, and a house, you know, a real one, out of stone. Sigh... this may take awhile.

16. One moment you think you've got all the dolls you want... the other moment you find new dolls you like XD probably will never end =P

17. Companies are always releasing new sculpts. Therefore, I'll just keep buying. When I want a doll badly enough I'll make up a character for it.
      I started this hobby with ideas. First I thought I'd never have any reason to own more than 5 dolls (for several reasons). Obviously (with well over 20 dolls) I did not know then what I know now. There are still so many companies that I don't even know exist! I'm finding new dolls all the time. And if I like one enough it'll find a place in my home. I've learned to take it all in stride at this point.

18. Even though I don't think I could ever get all the dolls I want, I definitely think I'd move onto getting a huge wardrobe for them and buy all the pretty clothes I want :)

19. Interesting question...
      Originally i wanted one doll, in my case my first doll (DD) was a DDH-07 head named Aya, but i was in love with Saber Extra and Rin Tohsaka. What happened? 3 month after Aya arrived at home, Saber named Haruka was coming too xD and 4 month after was Rin's turn xD Now, i'm happy with my girls but i need Aoko Aozaki, with her my family will be complete ^^ Or i hope so...Hahahaha

20. If I got all the dolls I want I think I would start working on the photography and textile side of the hobby more and work on a story to go behind their characters.