1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

You've got ALL the dolls you want-- What Next???

May 4, 2011

1. I'm not sure whether that will ever happen to me, because as time passes I get new ideas for things I want to do, new dolls come out, tastes change a little. It's more likely that I'll periodically refine my group rather than hit a point where there are no more changes. However, there's always stuff to do with dolls I have -- work on their wardrobes, write more stories, take more pics (which I'm always meaning to do, but don't very often) etc.

2. Fter I've got all the dolls fr the story I've got planned for them, ill probably end up still buying more. But ill end up buying anthros to build up a tiny army since I feel that anthros are more of a collectable doll since they're so small >///< and ill probably end up buying furniture and clothes.... Yep. That's about it. Do a lot more photostories too. :)

3. To be honest, I am so excited for the day I can feel this. My list is dwindling down and it's satisfying. I am running out to room to place all these dolls and the thought of buying more and more and more worries me. My collection has grown and changed so much throughout my years in this hobby and I love that I have found my nitch! I really hope to have my doll family completed within the next two years, as long as I get the rerelease I want and find the elusive, discontinued gal. ;)

Always needing to buy a new thing is something that has plauged me for about two years now. But I have learned that it makes me feel more guilty to just keep building rather than going after what I want. I intend to focus only on those on my wishlist and then perfect them. Once I have gotten all the molds I want, I think I'll then focus on getting them the perfect wigs, eyes, outfits, and faceups if they need changes or I get "bored" of them. Sure, it won't be the thrill of new resin, but I don't think the guilt factor will be as high!

I have gotten pretty good at talking myself out of impulse buys, so I can just hope I manage to strengthen that muscle. I hope it's not impossible to 'perfect' every one of my dolls and be happy. Maybe then my hard earned money can start going back to spoiling myself more often ;3

4. It'll be years before I get all the dolls I want, by which time new sculpts will have come out that get added to the list and the chain goes on and on. If I ever got to a point where there are no more dolls I want to buy, I'll buy clothes and eyes and wigs and accessories and props for the dolls that I do have. I'll experiment with new ideas for face-ups and mods and focus on photography.

Of course, that is assuming I can afford it. I think money will run out long before dolls will.

5. This is totally never going to happen for me, as over the years I have found that while I may be happy with the dolls I have for short periods of time, I will always grow bored with my collection, sell off a few, and replace them with something new. I need a constant influx and plans to keep my interest going.

6. Well, I'm new to the scene, so of course this is all purely hypothetical for me. I'm a far cry from fulfilling all my dolly-wishes. However, I love to toy with the notion of buying up all the dolls I currently want and having my collection finally be stable and "complete." If I wasn't so busy being focused on gathering, I could focus more on getting more clothes, wigs, and other accessories, and just enjoying what I have even more. One of the reasons I took an interest in the hobby was for the crafting potential - the chance to knit, crochet, sew, and bead for them. If my energies weren't focused elsewhere, I like to think I'd be doing a lot more of that.

On the other hand, I agree with the majority of previous posters -- I don't see myself ever getting to a time where there isn't anything being released that tempts its way back onto my wishlist, making the desire for pretty new things endless.

7. I've been active in the hobby since late 2008, and I have two dolls. I haven't bought a new doll in almost a year because there haven't been any more that I wanted. I don't have any dolls on my wish list. Does this mean that my interest in the hobby is gone? Not at all!

I still enjoy my dolls. I like posing them, dressing them, and thinking about ways to improve them. I want to take more pictures of my dolls. I like trying different eyes and different wigs. If I need something "new," there are new outfits, new shoes, new wigs, new eyes, and new faceups! I can also still participate in discussions--even if I don't plan to purchase "the hot new thing." I actually like not being focused on trying to buy a new doll; for me, I have more fun enjoying the dolls that I have~

8. I actually had only planned to buy three dolls total. My plan was to shell my fav couple, Rai and Vi, and then to shell the main character of my story, Alia, and then just be done with the collecting aspect. Once that was done, I just planned to buy/make them clothes, take lots of pics, write them things, hang around DoA and look at other dolls, etc. So, at this point, I planned to be in the "what next?" stage and just chill.

Unfortunately, things didn't work out that way. :D I am NOT done with the collecting aspect of the hobby. I already have two girls I have planned and two Dollshe boys on layaway. I also have been hit hard with the tiny bug so I may start collecting those as well. Basically, my next stage was just to stay in the hobby and concentrate on the dolls I have. And I think, once I think I'm done collecting again (which won't be happening soon, apparently), I'll probably still continue with that plan. I don't think this is a hobby that is going away any time soon. I collected dolls when I was a kid and enjoyed every second of it. It was only a matter of time before I came full circle. :D

9. The reason I want a doll is to make things for it - I love to knit and crochet and sew. So even when I have all the dolls I want (probably only one - well, maybe two!) I will still carry on with making things for them since that was the original point.

10. I don't think I'll ever be done. I seem to be trading them constantly. I've never had more than 8 dolls at the same time, but in total I've had about 20 other dolls as well. I'm never fully satisfied.
      I've been at the point where I think I'm done several times, but then one doll just isn't to my liking anymore and I sell them and either buy one back for it, or buy new clothes for the others.
      At the moment I'm very content with my collection. I used to live by imaginary rules that felt good, but I'm trying to steer away from that, so who knows what might happen in the future?
      But hypothetically, if I was done with my dolls, I would probably start working on a room for them (if I had the space etc) or buy them new clothes and props etc. I will always be busy with them ;)

11. I think I can never get ALL the dolls I want due the lack of free space at home (and money). Soon I have most of the dolls I ever wanted at home, but I'm sure there will be so many new releases, so I can't see an end in the near future. If my free room is gone one day, I might sell off some of my dolls, but this would be VERY difficult fro me since I love them all at t he moment. And if I really have all dolls I want and no new to buy, I'm sure I'll end up bying outfits and accessories forever :)

12. I highly doubt that's going to happen anytime soon. I come up with too many new characters for RPs and short stories and there's always going to be a few that I like enough to put them in resin shells.
      But hypothetically speaking, I would probably concentrate on their wardrobes and buy a ton of unnecessary yet pretty wigs. Or go really crazy and actually build a doll sized pirate ship in my backyard. Yes, Volks, I'm looking at you. ;)

13. I think this is a perfect explanation for what I've been doing recently. I love the ones I have and if I buy one that just doesn't fit, I enjoy them for a little bit and then they move on ^_^.

It gives a wonderful opportunity for everyone to enjoy the ones they like and perhaps hold onto the ones the love. It also allowed me to play with and test out a variety of dolls and sculpts to see which companies I love the most or prefer over others. It's why I started calling my house the "Boarding House" initially. Everyone ends up here somehow but not everyone stays for long :).

Great way to put it FoxFace!

14. My collection is nearing more-or-less completion. I'm getting one more 1/3 boy, and one tiny, and then that's going to be it, at least for a couple of years or something like that. There are other dolls I'd like to get, someday, maybe, but I'm pretty satisfied with what I've got, and am quite sure I'll be totally satisfied with my dolls once I have the 1/3 boy I'm getting later this year.

Once I'm "done" collecting, or have put it at a stop, though, that definitely doesn't mean I'm done with the hobby! It just means I continue on as I have -- photographing, posing, dressing, and playing with my dolls -- except now I'll be able to spoil them properly with new clothes, wigs, shoes, etc. without having to worry about putting that money towards another doll ;P

15. While I could see myself conceivably hitting a maximum number of dolls, and maybe even maxing out on wigs, eyes, clothing, etc., I think there would still be a lot to do. I expect to replace faceups every few years, or just want to change them, or to do a little modding and try other new things. And I've got so many photoshoots I have done, props I could buy for that or backdrops I could make, that I just don't see being done with this hobby. I'm sure I'll have more ideas I'll want to try as I go, too. I don't think I'll ever run out of things to do with BJDs!

16. O.O If I achieved all my dollie goals... Wow, I guess I'd take a lot of pictures. Since I RP and write a bunch of my dolls into stories and what not, chances are that somehow their character's physical appearance will change, so there's that...

Honestly, I'd just take a bunch of pictures. And stare at them. And play with them.

17. There are always new outfits. ^_^

18. Made a good dent in my wishlist the last couple of weeks by chance, so I was actually thinking about this. :)

I've actually been debating getting seriously into doll-making for the last few years but something keeps coming up. There's always that to fall back on!

19. I've only been in the hobby a year so I hope I won't be done with it anytime soon, but I can already tell that I've changed since I started.
      I've backed away from the idea of putting all the characters from my stories in resin form, it took me a while to realize it but there are just some characters that work better in bjd form than others and it's not a sculpt thing, it's a character thing. As soon as I made that change mentally I relaxed about bring new dolls home, now I just get who I want. I've also learnt that I prefer a smaller bjd family, I don't have an exact number yet, but I know I'm getting close to it.
      It has definalty had an impact on my wishlist... in that, I don't really have one anymore. I used to want specific dolls because they would fit my family, now I see so much potential in so many bjds that it would be impossible to narrow it down.
      I'm sure that there will come a point when I have all the bjds I want and I'm not sure what I will do then. I have learnt that I love project dolls more than complete ones, so maybe I'll open a mod shop or just start trading out the ones I have for ones that need more love, who knows...

20. I'm probably finished after my next boy, but buying the dolls isn't as fun for me as making clothing for them, doing photostories, and creating props. That leaves quite enough to occupy me in the doll hobby, and it'd be awesome to someday create a dedicated space for the sets/rooms that I'm starting on for them.