1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

You've got ALL the dolls you want-- What Next???

May 4, 2011

1. With my dolls I think I can come to a end at some point but it more like the end of a chapter. You put a bookmark in that place and you might not pick up the book for a bit but when you do you get a whole new chapter. I hope that makes sense.

2. When I get all the dolls I want to get, I will start buying clothes and shoes for them. 8'D And furniture. And maybe a dollhouse. 8'D

3. Honestly my doll plan has been fulfilled ^_^
      I've been getting outfits and accessories for them at the same time,what I'm troubled now is the wig :/
      Some of my boys still couldn't find a wig that fits exactly :/
      So I'll start focusing on my dolls stories ^_^ things do get bored when it hits a certain stage,but phototaking is real fun and I can feel the love towards them is once again there !

4. Difficult to say! Because of all the upcoming releases that we've yet to see, I can't personally guarantee that I'll be stopping anytime soon (heck, my wishlist is still threatening to expand on me). It's easy to say I've got a limit for myself but the plain truth of it is, that limit can change anytime it wants to! @-@ I could end up with twenty dolls or I could keep upgrading my old ones. It's hard to say, especially since whenever I think I'm about close to getting done collecting all the dolls I want, new ones come along and throw me off. What a great question! This one will definitely be stuck in my head for a while..

5. Not sure... but I'm looking forward to buy/make them their own house haha... but it just a plan.
      Also I think that I will make them all a set of cloths ^o^ [That will be a hard one = =.]

6. Echoing leXis' sentiment, IF I ever get all the dolls I want, I'd probably start concentrating on giving them a decent selection of clothing, and maybe furniture and a 1/3 motorcycle for Yumeko (space permitting) ;)

7. The end of collection do not means the end of hobby.On the other hand , people always have lots of things to do except what they really want (for example,study more and working more.)

8. I'm at that stage with another doll hobby of mine. I don't want to buy anymore dolls, and I have an overflowing suitcase of clothes for them, so don't really *need* any new outfits.

I have recently done a doll trade to shift my collection up a bit,and I'm considering starting to make clothes and accessories to sell.

I'm also branching out into BJD's and am waiting for my first latidoll to arrive.

9. I don't know if there'll ever be an end for me really, as there are always new molds coming out, and also I might change my tastes (as I did recently) to want to shuffle the collection around. At the moment, I'm at a bit of a plateau; got a lot of the ones I really wanted either in the collection or on their way, so I am happy about that.

10. I think it will be so far future when I will settle ALL the dolls I need in my house, that I even don't worry about this problem. Also I don't worry about this exhaustion because new characters are born in my head again and again all the time more quickly than I can buy my dollies.

11. I haven't got all the dolls that I plan to add to my collection yet - but a big part of the planned crew is here already. And the day when the collection is complete is already in sight. Somehow, I had the "what now?"-moment already because of this. My solution is the idea to create a second character for each doll, complete with outfits, wigs, and story set up in a completely different time and/or world, but using the same face-up and sharing character traits, sharing the "archetype". It is a little bit like getting twins of the same sculpt, but the other way round. That is what I will do when my collection is complete :)
      ...that is, if I am not tempted by new releases :lol: .
      For if I am, the plan with the second character is obsolete.

12. I'm getting close to that point, I think, but I also know that my tastes and interests change with time--so it's more than likely that, even if my entire wishlist is present and accounted for, I'll want to move some dolls on and bring in different ones sooner or later. Since I start with the dolls themselves rather than preexisting characters, I have a lot of flexibility in choosing and making decisions about individual sculpts.

13. It's quite a painful question for me, I have to admit. I'm desperately willing to buy Limhwa Elly but have to postpone my order because of problems between Limhwa & Dollfair. I'm absolutely sure that I will find a way to acquire her, but she's going to be the last doll in my collection as I've ordered (and already received some of) all the dolls I wanted/dreamed of. But I'm not done yet... I want more. As Elizabeth Taylor once said, it's not the having, it's the getting. Since I don't get new ones, I start becoming bored with old ones, so I need "fresh blood" all the time... I feel quite nervous, restless and unsatisfied when I don't have any doll to wish. So I have no answer to this question.

14. Not possible for me. My "must have" list is huge, and even if I got all the dolls on that list, there's a "it might be fun to have" list. Besides, companies are always coming out with new dolls.
      Even if I somehow did get every single doll I wanted, I'd still enjoy the hobby. There are so many endless possibilities for a blank head. So many photos to take, mods to try, characters to make. I don't think it ends. @w@

15. I think I may have reached that point rather prematurely. I look at the sculpts I have and those I have on order and realise that everything else out there just doesn't compare (for me at any rate), so what's the point in buying more? That would be a waste of money.

But companies are always coming up with new sculpts, so who is to say that next year or whenever, some new sculpt won't catch my eye? Also, I don't see my existing dolls as static items that will ever be "finished". I will continue to get new ideas for face-ups and costumes and want to make new things for them, isn't that the whole point of BJDs, that one sculpt can be changed and evolved as our ideas and tastes evolve?

16. I actually reached my peak a while ago, had all the ones I wanted, and I am now downsizing by three whole dolls. :3 In the end I got every one *exactly* how I wanted, but then I realized I was happier with just 3-4. So I'm going back to that so someone else can enjoy the dolls I have that don't get a lot of attention~

17. Dolls! I was brought up to love dolls and have my mother's early 1900 dolls that she played with. The love has never wavered. I enjoy each and every one of my dolls and the artists who have brought them to life. Now it's my turn to try my hand at doing faceups and having each doll really be a part of me.
      I really do have enough... and try hard to resist the new ones that carry me away... one more time.

18. I'm pretty much doomed when it comes to this; I collect all kinds of dolls, not just BJDs, and have been since I was really little. I'll tell myself I have too many dolls and don't need any more, but then I'll see something I just want sooo much. And if I really like something I tend to want more than one so I can make different versions of it. The good thing is that I find BJDs really kicky and have never succeeded in sueding their joints, so I tend not to buy any but the small Custom House dolls that don't have that problem.

I also tend to re-style my dolls all the time, so I don't get bored with them. I have a ton of extra wigs.

One thing I noticed, a lot of you talk about stories and shells for characters. Do you mostly buy dolls to fit into a concept that you have, so they're already created characters that you represent in doll form? I mostly just buy dolls that I like,although i did make a dollhouse family based on a book I loved.

19. Once I'm done collecting. It's time to make a gagillion outfits for them! Enmassing an elaborate costume horde for them all! Especially as I have a storyline/plot for them all. And furniture for them and back drops and a dolly sized book shelf to make up little scenes and rooms. Yeah. ^_^
      I dearly love every doll that I've bought and it's more than just collecting a bunch of dolls for me. It's the fun I have with them. Customizing included. The collecting part is my Least favorite due to the cost!

20. hmm i can;t see this happening really, too many characters.. too many Dolls... >.> but, then it is off to clothes making, and selling (eventually) and Doll house and furniture making.... and by then there will be more dolls i want....it's a cycle.