1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

You've got ALL the dolls you want-- What Next???

May 4, 2011

1. I am now almost done resinizing all of my characters, what's next?
      I'm about to start with the photostory I wrote for them. For the extra characters I have on my story, my fellow BJD enthusiast are here willing to have their dolls cross over in my story :D

I'm currently planning for the entire production of the photostory and I hope it all goes well :D

2. When I'm "done" with my doll family, I will probably make a giant wardrobe for them, and make a zillion photostories and photoshoots.

3. I might finish buying dolls at some point, but I don't think they'll ever have enough clothes. Especially since my mission is to become a master seamstress and I have a tendency to hate everything I make in about a year's time or less. *_*

4. I actually won't be able to really do what I want to do (tell my stories w/photo shoots) until after I get all the dolls I need - so obviously for me acquiring the dolls is only the first step for my hobby :D I have to make lots of clothes & sets, write scripts, & then shoot the stories :D Got a long way to go LOL

5. Well, since I have all the dolls I wanted I now care for them. I don't think just buying dolls is what it's about in such a hobby. Doing something with the dolls I bought is why I got them in the first place. ^^

6. I love them so much,if someday i get all the dolls i desire, i probably will start to make dolls by my own, in different szes,different characters and desire better accoessrizes for them

7. If I ever acheived that, and that is a HUGE if, I will probably just end up finding another doll I want XD It will just keep going form there. However, if I got to the point where I did not want anymore dolls I would probably just keep doing face-ups and taking pictures *shrug*

8. I will never get all the dolls I want because they keep making more! Lol. But I do have at least 3/4 of my 'must-haves'. Plus, I love the chase. I mean, I hate chasing but its an addiction lol

9. When you have all your dolls... What do you think you'll do then?
      Its very hard for me to answer the initial question because I only have one doll. =/

Do we always need something else to BUY --or something NEW--to keep up our interest?
      I stopped looking at dolls to buy for a while (financial issues) and during that time I didn't even look at my doll at home for at least a month. It wasn't until I started to surf the marketplace that my internet in dolls reawakened. I seem to enjoy looking at dolls to buy even more than playing with my doll that I have, ^^;;

Or can we be happy with what we have and... do what? Or is getting all your perfect dolls an impossible goal?
      I don't feel that getting all the dolls on my wishlist is possible! D8 My list is already very lengthy, and then there are new gorgeous dolls coming out all the time. :doh

10. When I first joined the hobby, only about 7 months ago now, I had a certain vision for my doll family. That has since undergone some changing. I have refined what I like and what I want.

I have my doll purchases planned out for the next two years. After that, (If I haven't on anything between now and then) I will have plenty to do with acquiring props, making clothes, and I would love to make cosplay looks with several much loved characters.

I can't see an end to love for the hobby so the idea of a plateau seems incredibly unlikely!

11. I don't know that it would be possible for me to get all the dolls I want. I'm new to BJDs, but I've been collecting another sort of doll for three years, and that experience has taught me that tastes can change a lot over three years.

I guess with BJDs though space constraints might impose a cap on the number of dolls... In that even there would probably be 1-2 dolls on rotation ^^; And if I ever hit a spot where I absolutely cannot part with any doll I have, there are always clothes :)

12. I want to have all the dolls I want.....

13. I can't imagine ever having ALL of the ABJDs I want. I have no specific "goals" with my collection, however... I just get dolls because I like them. :) All of my dolls have their own unique characters that have nothing to do with my actual characters. Sometimes I look for character dolls just for fun, but I never find any dolls that are just perfect for my characters. I usually end up finding 1-2 more wonderful dolls that I want instead, though! :D

14. I am about where the original poster is at. I have plenty of dolls and I have all my grail dolls and my wishlist has been whittled to none. So when manufacturers come out with new dolls, I will buy occasionally some dolls on a whim but really, I just look at all the pretty pictures, converse and buy clothes and shoes for my crew once in awhile. I am a lot less obsessed as I was 3-4 years ago and I am free to enjoy this hobby less stress-fully because I am less of a huntress looking for the elusive pieces I need for my collection, KWIM? I can look and enjoy and usually when I see something I compare to what I have and think would I oust anyone out for this new doll and I find I love what I have in-house more.

I do have more time for other hobbies too since I am less obsessed so I crochet and sew more and I can scrapbook again and work on my dollhouses.

15. I doubt there will come a day where I say my wish list is complete. Though it's rapidly shrinking and I have gotten most of the dolls that I like and want in my crew, new dolls get released all the time and there will always be one that catches my eye. Not to mention outfits and wigs. My crew is currently completed for the time being... And if no new dolls catch my eye, I will focus on photo stories. If I tire even of photo stories, I will set out to revamp my spare room into their living space. In fact, it's a dream project where my crew can have their own lounging space for photography, complete with bar tops, stools, pool table etc.

16. My first BJD was ordered just six months ago; he's only been here for four. Since then, I have really ordered a doll every two months, so now I have three. My third is just now complete, and this is the first time in half a year that I don't have an incoming doll to look forward to. It feels strange :). I have a fourth doll planned, but she may or may not get here.

I can't say for sure that I'll never get another doll, but as far as I can tell now, my collection will be complete at 3 or 4. I imagine I will have more than enough to do with making clothes and accessories for them, and maybe looking for things like props. I think I'll be perfectly happy looking after and inventing new things for my small doll family. If there aren't any new members coming in, there are more funds for perfecting the current crew - trying out new wigs, new looks - or, if necessary, buying replacement parts.

My interest in my dolls won't disappear when there are no new boys or girls coming in. The characters matter too much to me, and they were my reason for buying these dolls in the first place.

17. next? I BUY THEM ALL THE CLOTHES OF THE WURRRLD
      xD
      yeah, when I won't feel the need to buy or sell dolls, that I will be 110% pleased with my resin familly, I will buy them all the prettiest clothes and coolest accessories I can find!
      and when that will be done too.... well by then I will most likely be super old so I'm gonna sell them or put them on my testament and wait until I die xD;;;

18. I'm not sure if there's any "goal" to my collection....I tend to buy things at an odd rate because I only buy the ones that I look at and go "I really want that one" and don't have to think twice. For some I have a loose idea (eg, I had at one point stated that if Soom made a paw-footed boy at either mini or higher size, I'd buy him. Sure enough, he's here, but I couldn't be sure they'd make something like him when I stated that).
      There's only one doll on my wishlist, and that's only because she would really fit that particular character from some RP (and her adoptive mom/sister is already here, partially), though I could always run into something better suited that I hadn't seen before. I try to keep some money around so the once every...year and a half or so...that I decide I'd like a doll I can get them. Unfortunately, this strongly impulsive/intuitive way of doing things means that I have no dolls that can share clothes/wigs. 3/4 of my lot here can share 14mm eyes, but eyes are kind of where I end up really identifying the doll, so they don't share those much.
      My hope is after that one other doll, I'll stick to a few in the same size range for a while. I hope.

But whenever I have a new doll in, I do have this sense of "I'm good with this lot" until the rare occasion something catches my eye.
      For the most part, I like making clothes, making big props, finding little props, ect. This hobby has sort of spawned other things that I like to do, so even if I ever hit a solid wall for stopping buying, I doubt I'd drop from the hobby.

19. I'm doubtful it's possible for me. There are so many existing beauties out there, and so many are yet to come that I, with so little money of mine own, am destined to suffer from the lack of funds till I die. *jokingly*
      But yes, I recently started so just thinking about ending my adventure with BJD in any way makes me too sad.

20. I've had all the dolls I want for quite awhile--without realizing it. One three year old SD, a two year old MSD, and her recently purchased twin. I've had something like 20 other dolls before, during, and after having these three, but only they stay. The other dolls, especially lately, had just been disappointments I wrapped back up and sold. Looking at my three now, they seem perfect by themselves. I even have them all 'complete,' with the right clothes, shoes, wig, and now all even have Mystic eyes I waited eight months for.

So, I guess now that I don't want anymore dolls, I need to stop looking at new dolls and convincing myself I do! Cause the evidence proves I don't. :doh