1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Zombie Tinies - Bad Taste?

Mar 9, 2010

1. I would like to see a zombie toddler in a tiara, just thinking about the artistic statement it would make get's my mind wandering. You shouldn't have to adapt your hair and eye color because most of those kids already have dyed hair, fake teeth, and tans to make them look artificial. There are a billion blond haired blue eyed little girls in the world.

Don't stop at one, go for an entire pageant!

2. I second the motion for the Zombaby Tinies Pageant!

I was once a runner-up for Miss Undead 2004 at Madam Zombique's DNA Cabaret, here in San Francisco... mad experience up in here... I'll see if we can sponsor the prizes (*braaaaaains*). :XD:

3. Totally off topic but Jenny what an awesome costume how super fun.

On to the zombie child. I love zombies. I love zombie movies. I love vampires and all that stuff. I think little zombie children are adorable. Just do not call her by any real life dead children names and your fine. Unfortunately people get offended by a slurry of things and if you worry about offending someone you'll never do anything risky. I say go for it, post many photos.
      There is a DOA member who has a zombie tiny, you can see her on Spamys for sale thread. I will go find out who and link to the photo.

Edit the photo of the Zombie child belongs to Invisible-K it is a little fee named Pestilence but I cannot find any other photos that are not in the market place thread if you have mp access it is post #27 on spampys sale thread. Maybe if you pm Invisible-K they can send or post a photo.

4. What i think some people are missing is the fact that your friend brought up the JBR because of the DRAWING not the idea of the doll. We all know that sometimes we can't have an exact drawing of how our doll is going to look, like my stick figure in a dress looks nothing like my Suzihara except for the fact that its a dress. if you went ahead with the doll and comparied them together you would see two different characters. yes, they would have the same outfit/eyes/hair/zombie bits but they would look different. I hate zombies (only because of running zombies >_< ) but i love seeing zombie dolls.

5. I say go for it. I love Zombies (my avatar is my kustom Krypt Kiddie zombie, and I loves her).

I hope you post pics once she is modded!

6. I think if it's done so that it doesn't specifically reference any specific case, then she'd be really cute! Hopefully we can see her when you're done the mods and everything. I plan on having a zombie pukipuki girl, not gorey or anything, just a little purpeley and stuff and she'd wear kind of futuristic clothing. (hopefully getting her in august to start modding...)

7. I'd say go for it. Worst case senario, the little zombaby pagent queen you make looks too earily like JBR and makes you feel uneasy so then just change the eye color or the hair color. As long as having your little zombie girl does not make you feel bad then you should go for it.

8. I think this is an awesome idea! You need to do her and post pictures when you're done. The whole thing with JBR is understandable why some people would be put off by that but YOU didn't come up with that idea, that was other people putting that tag on it. I don't think there's enough cute zombies out there, we need more! Go for it!

9. I don't think there would be any problem with it and unless you said that she somewhat resembles a formerly living person, no one would notice. Just because she is blond with blue eyes means that you are copying the person. If you like the idea of having a zombie doll, no matter the size, then go for it.

10. Oh that's so cool!

ahem, on the subject of zombie tinies I don't see a problem as long as you're not mocking a real person, which would most definitely be tastless -I once saw a horrendous, stomach churning doll made to mock Joan of Arc at her execution, just not funny. However, if someone gets offended by a doll in fancy dress that is obviously nothing more than mild fictional horror they are probably being a wee bit sensitive.

11. I don't see any problem with a zombie doll, as long as the finished doll doesn't resemble Jon Benet you should be fine. Maybe you could give her a darker blonde colour to minimise the resemblance even further?

12. I don't think it's tasteless. Then again it's extremely hard to offend me. But zombies have become kind of a norm in today's media and are often portrayed in a comedic or light hearted manner. People should be used to things like living dead cute dolls by now. I don't think it's your job to worry about offending someone who might be reminded of a specific dead kid.

13. For me, a zombie doll in itself is not in bad taste. Zombies have resurged in popularity these past few years, so they're a staple in pop culture. But, hearing your back story, then I'd have to go with the people saying it is in bad taste. You knew her personally, when most of us knew her as a victim of a horrible crime. Pursuing that mod might look like some satirical homage or something. If you still wanna pursue it, maybe you could change the look of the doll as not to draw comparisons? :\

14. I just bought Glorydoll's Lucy of the 2nd Zombie Edition (UGH - at least I hope I did - they are IMPOSSIBLE to communicate with) because I loved zombies before it was hip to love zombies. But then again, I like my dolls to be slightly dark. I find it amusing that judging by my friends' and family's reactions, more people are accepting of a 39-year-old who collects dolls if the dolls are dark and slightly creepy. If they were pretty and childlike, I think people would be concerned for my mental health, ironically and unfortunately. (I have no children.)

So that's a long way of saying I don't have a problem with zombie dolls. It adds another dimension to their stories, albeit a dark one.

I'm with ArouraAnn on the possible reasoning behind your sketch similarity. That must have been a disturbing and, on some level, traumatic thing for you to witness/experience. Unlike other people here, I'm not as appalled -- it's natural and even healthy to use art to try to work through painful or confusing emotions - I'd just use tact in who I show it to.

15. I see nothing wrong with the idea at all.

Humes have odd ways of remembering and expressing their emotions so such a doll sounds like a subconscious remembrance brought to the fore. Perhaps for healing perhaps just for fun.

People are seriously uptight over things and just need to get over themselves.

16. I think with the backstory, a little impolite, but not tasteless. But then again, I have a very odd sense of humour, as do a lot of my friends.
      But for me, I just don't like the idea of zombies fullstop. But that does not mean that there is anything wrong with zombie tinies especially, or compared to bigger ones. I think a zombie puki could be amazing! But I have never been able to watch horror films, or anything remotely scary, and am terrified of everything, so that is just me lol.
      However on the subject, I like the sound of a cute zombie - a 'give me candy and toys or I will eat your brains" kind of zombie. That sounds cool, and cute!

17. Nonsense, there is no such thing as bad taste. Everyone has different opinions and what comes off as "bad taste" to one person may be ingenious to someone else. You've clearly stated that the doll is not meant to resemble JBR, and that it's just what you would like to have on a doll, IMHO there is nothing wrong with that. As just about everyone else has said, if you want to do it, do it. If your friends think it's in bad taste, they don;t have to look at it.