1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Zombie Tinies - Bad Taste?

Mar 9, 2010

1. Done properly, I adore little zombie/gore mods. I have a sick sense of humor, but hey, if it makes you happy, it's your doll!

2. I have a DZ Leo I modded into a zombie and I was surprised at how many people don't think he's that creepy. I think as long as you have a somewhat mature personality for the doll that it's not taboo. It's when you have an innocent little newborn with limbs falling off and open wounds that I would start questioning it.

3. I think of DD-Anne when I think of zombie babies, but their basically just Gray resin version's with darker makeup, my tentenII is technically a DD-Anne zombie basic I modded her mouth t oremove the tongue so as to just have a fuller bottom lip, nothing grotesque about her though she is actually quite adorable but tthats how i painted her.
      her name is shadow.
      this is her with her friends:
      [​IMG]

4. I don't consider zombie Tiny's in bad taste. There are plenty of people out there who do Tinys as full grown adults because they can't afford bigger dolls, and so I don't see the problem.

I would probably make a Tiny based off of Sakado/Samara from the ring, if I had the money.

However, I think you may need to re-vamp the idea. I would personally feel irked if anyone refereed to my art in any way to an actual murder case, a child or not, neighbor or not. Maybe change the eye color, or the hair color? I know it's a difficult choice, but if you're going to look at your girl and see what those people say, maybe its for the best?

5. @Disir2k she's so cute! You did a wonderful job modding the mouth

6. ty Sands <3 I always wanted a gray doll since the first time I saw Soom's Shadow Onyx.
      When I found out dd-anne was making more zombie's in basic i told my husband i wanted one for my birthday.
      I modded and painted her like a lil chibi Onyx. Choose a wig with bangs instead as to make her look slightly more cute then Onyx. I adore her ;) I have plans to chibi-fy another sd doll I find to die for late this year to early next year with a ivory white dd-anne girl ;)

as for horror versions of tinies like the thread discussed, my oldest daughter and i are considering making some comic book characters chibi using colored bobobie tinies, in red, gray, white and possibly green. the gray one will be a boy probably bbb chocolate then modded and blushed in greens and purples. with tattered clothes but they're going to be chibi's of mature characters not "children" so it's a tad different. one will be a zombie, a couple will be vampires, there is a thief and a deamon etc in there too ;)

7. No bad taste there! none at all ^^ Your character, your doll..Go for it! Zombies are awesome, and your character sounds great too ^^.

8. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with it. I can understand where your friends are coming from, as some people are sensitive to that sort of topic, but I would still go through with the modding and dressing your doll how you wish. Like you said, girls love to dress their dolls like princesses or prom queens and the like, so it's no different.

I'd still do it, even if your friends think it's bad taste. That is their opinion. Do YOU think it's bad taste, I think it ultimately the question here. If you don't feel like you have a clear conscience going through with it, then don't.

But on a side note, I think zombie dolls are just adorable! (especially tinies!) I love zombies :D

9. I have and am planning some rather grotesque zombie mods myself, I've already had a very cute zombie Rose Puki I've rehomed I currently have a sleepy/dead? little zombie pukifee ante and have some creepy conjoined twin antes and their disgusting little deformed brother in the works. I find them adorable. My husband is disgusted and creeped out by them. He can't stand deformities. I think my fascination comes from my family history. I come from a long line of sideshow freaks and odd sorts of entertainers.

In your situation however I would at least change like the haircolor. Make her a little redhead or something and there's no issue. If you find you can't bring youself to do that little bit to insure that its not mistaken for her you may consider counseling.

10. I see no problem with a zombie tiny - zombies come in all shapes and sizes after all!

I think the only sense of it being tasteless is the sense that from your description, the way you're wanting your tiny to look like sounds like an undead Jonbennet Ramseys. I'm sure that wasn't your original intention, but to others it could look that way.

I personally think unded child-like beings are far creepier than adults, and I've actually been tempted to get a BBB yo to make into a creepy little necromancer. It's on my to-do list.

11. Given the context I don't like the idea.
      I'm also no fan of the zombie thing in general, but whatever rocks your boat

12. I think it's fine. Zombies are a fantasy idea, so it's not really like you're actually advocating the murder/death of children.

That said, I think the internet has ruined zombies, just like they ruined pirates, ninja, cats, and vampires. :lol:

13. Normally, I'd say awesome, go for it, but with the background you explained, it seems sort of creepy and cruel. I can understand why your friends were put off.

However, you also said you were not close to JBR and it has been several years, so I'd suggest doing it anyway, just not parading the doll around.

14. Zombie ftw!! ;)

15. Blond beauty pageant girl...is actually like, cheerleader, doctor, soldier, superhero, to me. That is to say, I think that it's a typical stereotype, something that isn't really specific to JonBenet, or to another pageant girl. I mean, if I knew Ms. America, I'd still have had swimsuit barbies as a kid (except my games with and without dolls always involved alien invasions, cops, robbers, and preforming bank heists, so I'm a horrible example). I think that since zombies are kind of awesome...and JonBenet didn't really have a patent on cute, blond pageant girl...it's reasonable. But I'd also think if I were her parents, and you made a zombie that looked like her...I'd find you cool, so my opinion is not one to take seriously.

16. I don't think it's in bad taste at all. In fact, I think it's adorable. Making a little dead doll of JBR would be in bad taste, yes, but it's obvious that isn't what you're doing.

I think that it'd be awesome, and I'd love to see her. I have no problem with children dolls being portrayed in a somewhat morbid way- says my collection of nine Living Dead Dolls. :)

17. No way, Zombies are Awesome!!!

... unless they are currently eating your brains. then they suck. or, rather, chew.

18. Since you didn't base her on JBR, It's really alright, and I find it cute that your dolly is still childish*girly/cute* even if she is a zombie

19. I think they are cool. No one really debates Living Dead Dolls. I wouldn't own one myself because they scare me but they are something unique and different and that's what these dolls are all about for me. :)

20. Hmm... I think as an artist, it's your prerogative. If you want to create a zombie doll, then that should be your say.

EDIT: Zombies are cool :) I'm pretty sick of seeing anything vampire-related (no offense to anyone).