- Face-up artist(s):
- Body blushing artist(s):
- Modifications artist(s):
- one of three K heads has been modded to have more open eyes, smiling mouth and teeth - mods by VampireAngel13
- Tattoo artist(s):
- Date of acquisition:
- RD K 12/9/15 - DM Model 2/27/16
- Both parts bought new from RD and DM by me
- Reason for choice:
- I was drawing a character that looked very similar to K when his full set was released. I fell in love with the sculpt but not the clothing, and Ringdoll bodies just looked too muscular for that head IMO. Dollmore isn't too muscular for anything (XD) and since I know the company and have a lot of bodies from them I knew what to expect.
- Best Points:
- Head fits the body, physically and proportionately (which is what I care about). I love the arms on the Dollmore body, and it looks amazing in clothes. K could be my new favorite sculpt, he's gorgeous.
- Worst Points:
- Head:The eye wells are a little thin. it's not a problem, and probably won't be, but there you go.
Hybrid: Due to the way I put hair on him, the headcap doesn't stay on as well as it probably would in a normal wig, and because the head and body weren't made for each other, head movement is tough. So the head cap sometimes pops off when I'm positioning his head.
EDIT: So over the weekend I had him in pieces, and was holding the head on the torso piece with my hands. Head movement seemed like it should be better than it was, so when I put him back together I really looked and found this - the Dollmore S-hook is really too small for the Ringdoll head. It holds the head on well enough, but sits so low inside that the s-hook is actually what is hindering head movement, not the fit. I stuck an old Delf neck donut in there and suddenly his head movement is amazing! and easy! He's like a different doll! Hybrids. Lol
Body: Worst part of the body is the knees. They lock open and closed so his leg posing is limited and I have yet to see if it can be improved by wiring (obviously it doesn't bother me that much - I'd much rather he have locking knees than not be able to stand.)
- Ringdoll / Dollmore
- Head Sculpt:
- Ringdoll K (x3)
- Dollmore Model
To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!