1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

☆~~ Granado Doll Discussion Part 18 ~~☆

Oct 22, 2019

1. @SteamWitch I love his faceup! Even though I won't ever request a beard on my own guys, I enjoy seeing them on other people's dolls!

@Mahgiep Hooray! Glad to know it worked out in the end, even though the color needed some help. At least it turned out not to be the VIBRANT ORANGE tan that some older Impls have.

2. Oh oh, I now feel super lucky not to have an orange-y tan! This body was custom dyed to go with the Granado head. Therefore it's a one of a kind color.

3. @AntarelNefertili - I'd love to see a titan in person one day. They look awesome. I sort of forced my realistic guys on my community of smaller, more anime-looking doll owners and they've just had to deal with me being the odd one out over the last few years.

@SteamWitch - He looks awesome! The beard details are fantastic. :D

@Mahgiep - That does look like a good hybrid. Nicely proportioned. Bugger about the resin mismatch though, you did a good job fixing it.

4. I'm all over the map as far as styles go. I have an... eclectic collection and apparently I own all the weird dolls. I know someone in my local group owns a Vindoll and he's amazing looking and shockingly light when you're used to resin. But I think we're the only 2 people who own Granado dolls in the local group (or at least we're the only ones I know about).

5. @Quiet and Insane Oh, I so feel you there! After Alek (he was the only one who ever handled my Michael for faceups) went overseas, I was pretty much the only one left who brings a Granado to the local meets. Thankfully, someone recently got an Enoch, so at least that's a yay! Even then, people still call Guórén "Daddy" because he looks so mature compared to most of the other boys (and also because his character IS the father of my fraternal twin dolls). :whee:

@Iron_Dog There are so many choices for sculpt styles nowadays. :D Even though I prefer the more realistic end of the spectrum, it's always fun to see all sorts of dolls irl. (Of course, it will be some time we'd get to actually arrange a face-to-face doll gathering again in our community.)

6. @AntarelNefertili Yeah, my local group has been doing Zoom meets but they generally do them on the weekend. My Sundays are completely given to D&D gaming and Saturday is usually my day to run all over creation doing chores and such so I haven't been able to attend any of them.

7. @AntarelNefertili - Hahaha yeah I feel like we sort of stole Alek. He lives not too far from me, and we do get together to do our photoshoots when Granado has their competitions. It's nice to not have the only Granado around here! :lol: I uh...have two Enochs so...whoops. :sweat

That said, here's a recent photo I took of Claudio, my Neptune (on a borrowed body) checking out the brand new deck we had built for our new house. :) Poor guy has been waiting so long for a body.

[​IMG]IMG20200724172217 by Liz, on Flickr

8. Question for anyone who has a 72cm Vigor, do you have shoes that fit him and if so where did you get them? I had shoes from mine but they are a bust.

9. @Quiet and Insane Enoch seems to be one of the most popular Granado sculpts, eh? :D (At least from the archangel series.) What body is Claudio on? The right hand caught my eye, because it's not everyday you see hands sculpted with the thumb outstretched like that.

@PennyForTheGuy Even though my guy doesn't use a Granado body, his foot size seems similar to the Vigor's. In theory, Iplehouse EID shoes might fit, but I don't own any so I can't really vouch for that. In fact, the only pair of footwear my poor guy currently has are these. They're a little long on the toes, but I'm simply happy to have them fit at all.

On the other hand, I am still having a hard time getting used to the fact that I now have two complete guys in the doll crew. :XD: For four years, Guórén (my Granado Michael) has been the lone guy in a crew populated by girls. I was trying to photograph him with his son (a LoongSoul ZhuZhao who obviously took more after the mother), and it looked like they didn't know how to interact with each other LOL.

[​IMG]
      Two Kinds of Lions
      by Yela Gatchalian-David, on Flickr

10. @AntarelNefertili - I originally had a Michael, but Enoch seemed far more accurate to that particular character. Likewise, before Claudio was a Neptune, he was an Andrew! Only Iwan, my Mads has stayed the same over the years! Claudio is currently borrowing a DollShe 28M Classic body. The neck is a terrible fit and the resin match is a little off, hence the turtleneck. That said, it was only ever supposed to be a temporary hybrid, as James (my DS Grant) doesn't really like sharing.

Hahaha, who doesn't love an awkward family photo? ;)

11. I have a head that is going to need a beefy body and was looking at the new ones that Granado is offering for a short order period in August first through the third. Does anyone know what wait times are with the virus and all and do they do dhl or EMS? Thanks in advance for replies.

12. Hello everyone. I dont know if this is the right place to ask this but, what head sculpts would work well (resin color, and neck circum. wise) with the granado vigor 75cm body? Thanks in advance!

#252 lizumi156, Jul 31, 2020
      Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    13. I ordered granado zen body on April 1st.
      And it was delivered on July 21.
      I live in Korea, so I don't know how much it will help you.

14. I got this body for my modoll Tom Hiddleston. Since it has a 13cm neck you'll need a pretty large head to keep things in scale. My guy looks pretty good on it. I can't comment much on resin matches. Modoll normal is fairly yellow and Granado is quite pink but with a face up you really don't notice.

[​IMG]

15. That's great! Your doll looks amaaazing btw! I'd have to check that out. Thanks for the recommendation!

16. Thank you. Even though they are in China and your in Korea it seems it wasn't to long a wait compared to some others.

17. Oh he's super gorgeous @Dead! :D I love his face up and piercings. That's so nice of Granado to give you an extra head! Do you have any plans for him?

18. So charrrming

19. Aww thank you so much! Yeah I really thought for a moment that I’d gotten the wrong order :lol::lol: I still don’t have any plans for him, but I’ll try giving him a faceup and see where it goes from there!

Thank you!! :D