1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

☆~~ Granado Doll Discussion Part 18 ~~☆

Oct 22, 2019

1. I got Dr. Nikola Valentine (My Uriel on the Dollshe Mystic Body) all painted up and his wig made! I still need his proper eyes to arrive, but here he is!
      [​IMG]Dr. Valentine by Tatterpunk, on Flickr

2. He's amazing! I love his faceup, and the wig with the bit of white <3 (And everything else too)

3. Thank you so much! I'm really happy with how everything turned out. That was my first time attempting to make a little stubble on a doll and I think I managed to succeed. Even though now my bestie refers to him as Bucky or Mr. Barnes whenever I show her lol.

4. Oh he looks so good @TatterPunk great job on the faceup!

5. @TatterPunk Uriel is prone to that though. Mine went from Bucky to Aragorn with a bit of a beard :lol: The stubble on yours looks fantastic, I'd never have thought it was a first try. Looks like you'd been doing it forever!

6. Thank you so much! I keep staring at him. The sculpt is gorgeous to begin with, so now that he's all "together" (well almost) he's very stare-at-able.

Thanks! I used the toothbrush method like I usually do for freckles or skin texturing just reeeeally really close so the spatter was tiny. I did a little extra with my wee little artetje brush for the cleft part of the chin, but mostly it's just controlled spatter. I had to do some research and all before I did it, so I am glad it worked out!

7. WOW, looks great. One more ? if you dont mind: do you use a small round toothbrush or classic one? Is there difference because soft/hard brush ..... ???? I work with very soft (old) Curaprox, it is great for face and body but how did you manage to be so precise for stubble ... silent envy. One more time, great work.

8. @DeanDynamite - If you miss out on VIP sales, then you can actually order discontinued sculpts from them directly. That's how I got my Enoch! Just send them an email or make a post on the Q&A board.

@AntarelNefertili - Ooh good luck! I wish I had the patience to ventilate wigs. I just stick to the glue method. :lol:

@TatterPunk - Wow, he's looking great! Excellent job on his face up! :D

9. I see the ballet feet are getting pretty popular and a thinner male body other than Zen has hit Granado on IG. The body looks nice!

10. Recently, somewhere in Chinise web segment, I've already faced that body prototype with new head in 1/6 scale. The doll was the same size as 31 cm Lucifer on tiny Vigor body. Thus, I assume in 1/3 scale that new doll will be ~74-75 cm tall. And such a maypole is supposed to use ballet feet? :huh?:
      I know, it's a nowadays trend in BJD circles after Bimong and Julia Cross's success with her Ballerino series... But I've seen and held in my hands Ballerino boy too (my soulmate has one); so compact, elegant and well manageable he was, that I would never believed all these may be inherent to SD of 70 cm. So, now I just cannot imagine Granado's 75 cm guy, with his physique of a concrete plate, as a dancer, sorry. If only he would dance with a shovel in the garden or with an axe in the woods (BTW, look at the stump near him). :XD:

Damn, Granado, when will you put SD gesture hands set on sale?

11. Pretty sure it was an oral B regular toothbrush. Probably soft since that's what I use. I just dip the very end in the colour then spritz VERY close to the face to get the tiny dots (after spritzing to clear water off either on my hand or my palette or paper or whatever.
      And OMG BALLET FEET! I need this body. YES PLEASE. I mean, I need a body for my Mads head when that gets shipped. . soooooooo -eyes those ballet feet. Yeah. He will clearly be in the story with my vampire girl in that case. . . Just hoping this one has a removable member to assist in the wearing of tights lol.

12. TatterPunk, thank for tip with trick. I always work with distance, so I try this and maybe miracle happens for me too.
      And great idea (detachable members), after few "sewing trousers" issue I vote for it.

13. I hope the body comes with normal flat feet...because my second Enoch NEEDS that body!! :D :drool Ugh, it's just gorgeous!

14. Shi and Cupcakes are getting ready for Halloween season. I love this guy (V10), I think he will stay on this hybrid body since I dyed it to match his faceup.
      [​IMG]Cupcakes and Shi by SteamWitch, on Flickr

15. I took Nikola (and the motorcycle) out for a little shoot today. The mosquitoes were trying to bite him. . . to him they were the size of bats!
      [​IMG]Doctor Nikola Valentine by Tatterpunk, on Flickr

16. @TatterPunk Nikola is gorgeous! He looks so good on a Dollshe body! :aeyepop: Did you have to do any modifications to fit the neck?

@SteamWitch Your boy looks great :D I love his face~

@Mahgiep Omg. He's makes a great WWX :whee: That's a great mask!

I finally finished up my tan Enoch, Asha over the weekend after putting his faceup off for over 2 months.. I love his face and those jointed hands so much.
      [​IMG]

#297 kagami, Sep 3, 2020
      Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
    17. @Mahgiep He looks amazing! Great job on that mask.
      @TatterPunk Poor boy, mosquitoes are hard up to hit on him. He looks great and you are brave for taking him into the swarm.
      @kagami I love him, he is sooooo gorgeous.

He is my Shi hanging around the 1/4 scale doll house. He makes me smile.
      [​IMG]Shi 0903 by SteamWitch, on Flickr

18. @SteamWitch I love having a totally different V-10 to see! Love your guy!
      @kagami that gold is so luxurious. Really inspired!

19. Everyone's dolls are looking so great! :D

@kagami - Ohhhh my goodness! Wow! :D :nosebleed Both my Enochs are still blank and the gorgeous face up you've done has really put a fire up my butt to get them done. Ugh...pity they're still floating heads... that said, I hope that the new body Granado has been showing off fits these guys because I would love one on that body and another on the Embody! :D