1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

☆~~ Granado Doll Discussion Part 18 ~~☆

Oct 22, 2019

1. @kagami I saw your guy on IG and I simply love him! Awesome, awesome guy! <3

I took some pics of my guy as I was documenting his ventilated wig progress. I was reminded once more of why I ended up allotting funds to get him the moment Granado first released Michael's promo pics years ago. XD

[​IMG]
      More Wig Progress
      by Yela Gatchalian-David, on Flickr

2. Oooh wow, his wig is looking really good! :D

3. Hello everyone!

Something bad just happened today, while I was changing my Raguel's clothes I realised his butt had chipped off at the side :( I'm never rough with my dolls so this really surprised me! My Raguel is on the Zen body and the resin around the butt area is actually really thin on both sides. Here are some photos of the chip on the right side of his butt (sorry they're not good quality! It's 2am right now):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can see light shining through this area.

[​IMG]

And this is on the left side of his butt, there's already a tiny chip there :atremblin

I've posted a video too.

Again, apologies for the horrible quality but I had to get this out there. I've contacted Granado with all the photos and the video and I'll keep everyone updated. Maybe I can take better photos when I have time. Hopefully things get resolved soon! I wouldn't want another owner to get a Zen body and be disappointed by it, because it is an amazing and beautiful body! Unfortunately, the thin resin in the butt area is an issue. On the bright side, it's not in a visible area :chibi

4. Oh no! I hope Granado can get back to you soon with a solution. Perhaps they just need to remake the butt to make the resin a little thicker.

5. Oh my @Dead! so sorry to hear about the damage. The Impldoll body my guy uses has some pretty thin butt resin, but in the almost four years he's been with me, it hasn't chipped at all. Hopefully Granado will be able to retcon the thickness for future releases.

So I finished my Michael's 100% rooted wig, but hadn't had the time to take photos under natural lighting. I mucked up the artificial lighting in this setup, so the image underwent a ton of photoshopping to salvage things. Funny though, how something as subtle as eye placement could change the demeanor of a doll. All this time, his eyes were in the "neutral", facing front direction because I was too lazy to take his noggin' off and reposition the fiddly things. :sweat

[​IMG]
      Darkened Demeanor 01

6. Hi~ I just completed my hybrid recently and she's on the femme nuevo body. Does anyone know which companies are a NS skin tone and joint system match for granado's girls? I'm looking for more hands actually; it's kinda sad granado doesn't have more hands for their girls.

7. He looks awesome @AntarelNefertili! Pity about the lighting, but I think you did a good job on the wig regardless of whether it's being seen in natural light or not. Yeah, eye placement and the angle of the head. Plus how the light catches and reflects in the eyes. Sometimes the camera doesn't see what you see, or vice versa.

8. @Quiet and Insane Thank you! Well, I finally got to do another natural light photoshoot, but it's a group pic. I don't know if I already mentioned it in this subforum, but most of my dolls have tabletop RPG incarnations (Legend of the Five Rings, if anyone's asking). This is roughly how they're supposed to look in that setting, which is heavily inspired by East Asian themes. I'm actually due to dismantle the armor my Michael's wearing, so I can change the cording into another color.

[​IMG]
      L5R Incarnations

9. What a beautiful photo! :D They all look so stunning.

10. Hi friends. Does anyone here have the new Vigor body? I really like it...but am trying to check and see if it can be used with any of their model heads. I like the Garden head...but the order page for that model does not list the Vigor body as one of the options so I am worried it won't fit.

11. Dang...back to the drawing board! I like the smaller bodies (ha, smaller...they are still huge!), but the lack of a thigh mobility joint would drive me nuts.

12. Okay, follow-up question: How can I tell which Granado heads ARE suited for the Vigor body? Is there a list or guide somewhere? Does anyone know which head is displayed on the body in the photos? I do like that one.

13. @allurose Napoleon and Lucifer are made for the Vigor body, at least it is listed in the *Male body set for those two heads

14. Thank you! This really helps! Maybe I will go for the Lucifer head, although I wonder if they will make a slightly smaller version of the body at some point. They do seem to update their bodies regularly, and offer them in different sizes.

15. If you contacted them and expressed interest in a smaller size there's a decent chance they'd be at least receptive. They had a thing not terribly long ago offering bodies in different sizes that just needed enough people to commit to each size to be a go

16. I got a Lucifer in 53cm that way as part of one of their events. He's gorgeous and they even let me switch from white to grey. Granado is very accomodating.

17. thank you, @Girrl and @Iron_Dog ! This is a good idea. I honestly don't mind the extra 4cm that much but the fact that their heads don't fit on the body is really annoying!

I do like that body a lot. My housemate has the 70cm Embody and WOW it's already a huge hunk of resin. Aesthetically, I think the Vigor has better sculpting and balance of realism, but it's really the mobility joint that's a deal-breaker for me. Also, well, let's just say that the Embody's generous "package" does not pack very well lol! The removable options on the Vigor seem to be a much better solution.

18. Heads not fitting bodies is my problem with a head I have incoming. He's an MD head that was limited as was the body he was originally sold with. None of the bodies MD makes now will fit that head (the necks are all too thick).

Most of the time Liroshan (Lucifer 53) goes without any junk in his pants because when I sit him down his thighs push up on the mag part and POP! off it comes. After a few times of having to fish his dick out of the cuff of his pants I gave up. He'll have it for nude shots but that's about it. Also, the handy part is just weird and I still don't know its purpose.

19. LOL! Yes, I imagine I would just leave it off pretty much all the time unless it is a feature in a certain photo. I like the concept of the new Adagio body and others that have a penis-in-pants shaped bulge. But just having the option to leave it off is way better than the awkward shape the Embody will give you in pants. I think after a while of that, the poor guy would have an unfortunate incident with my dremel. :XD:

When I first saw the Handy part in the granado newsletter I did a spit-take. I honestly can't imagine a single photo or instance in which it would make sense!! I would be more inclined to use an actual fig leaf. It still cracks me up.

I've modded thick necks to fit regular heads before, and it's a huge pain. I'm over the hybrid-makeshift thing. I want my dolls to be easier now.