1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

☆~~ Granado Doll Discussion Part 18 ~~☆

Oct 22, 2019

1. Here's another pic of yet another Granado/Impl hybrid! (He looks really happy in this photo, I wonder why? *snickers*) I have to consider myself thankful that the resin color deities were being kind when I assembled my Michael, because Impldoll RealSkin and Granado's New Normal ended up matching near-perfectly that round, minimal blushing needed.

[​IMG]
      Staying In (for the holidays)
      by Yela Gatchalian-David, on Flickr

2. Great picture @AntarelNefertili
      Someday I would like to figure out how to take decent photos....

Update on my poor Galileo. I don't think it's as bad as I thought. I test-sprayed a piece of the faux fur I used to make his beard and it literally did nothing to the fur at all. So I'm just spraying him, beard and all. If nothing else hopefully it'll act like hair spray and keep everything in place! lol cross your fingers for m D:

3. @AntarelNefertili - Heh he certainly does seem to be enjoying himself. ;)

@SteamWitch - Aww, Nox looks so cute as a blonde! :whee:

@Dead! - Oh holy moly. :nosebleed Kaz is so yummy. More of this please! ;)

@VampireAngel13 - Oh no! :o I hope you were able to fix it!

Today is also the second anniversary of Isilme's arrival (even though the poor guy's been in a box ever since), so here's another photo from the shoot I did a couple of months ago.

[​IMG]IMG20201022184543 by Liz, on Flickr

4. @VampireAngel13 Thank you! I'll admit that with the exception of resin color comparison photos, I layer Photoshop effects like crazy when post-editing (how the photo looks off the camera is drastically different). Tis mostly to make up for hit-and-miss lighting setups. *_* Hopefully you were able to fix up Galileo fine tho. It's frustrating how tiny mishaps like that could affect the whole thing!

@petiteballerine Thank you! The dolls in that photo get handled regularly, so I've got their joints mostly figured out.

@Quiet and Insane Happy anniversary to Isilme! I really adore his tan color. I'd love to have more tan-colored dolls, but my wallet usually cannot handle the additional cost for it. D:

5. Aahh I love seeing him! He's so pretty! And Dollshe's hands are just gorgeous. I wish I had more.
      I did actually manage to get him mostly fixed up! He has a darker spot on his face now - no matter how careful I was, it happened. But no mole, and you can't really the chip (I can, because I know where it is) anymore. So he's looking ok!

Photoshop is something I can understand XD It is still an amazing photo!
      It is so frustrating! Especially since I put so much work into that head prior to messing it up. If it was a normal faceup, it wouldn't have been a big deal, but I had already done the facial hair twice and it had been matched so well! At least he's more or less ok now.

Great photo! I love your pub so much.

And...in the same theme - a bearded VIP head (mine is the 08. ignore the other two non-Granado weirdos). his beard also got redone but I had zero problems with him. He actually got an upgrade and is on a way better body now.

[​IMG]Untitled by Vampire Angel13, on Flickr

6. @AntarelNefertili - Thank you! My dolls (well my big ones anyway) are a pretty even spread of colours. I'm quite impressed by how close their Bronze is to Dollshe Pale Tan. He may possibly even end up with a Dollshe body one day.

@SteamWitch - Thank you! :) He's got such a lovely calm demeanor.

@VampireAngel13 - These are the Fifth Motif hands (though close enough really) and I just adore them! :D
      That's such a good looking beard! I'm glad everything worked out. :)

7. @Quiet and Insane Oh yeah, I can never tell the difference, I think Dollshe was very influenced by Fifth Motif...And thanks! But he wasn't the problem child...that was Galileo. He's mostly ok now, but he's sitting on a shelf until I can deal with him again. The V-08 I'm pretty proud of! I was really starting to hate him, redoing his facial hair and giving him a new body was exactly what he needed! Plus I didn't wreck his faceup, which I really liked XD

8. Did anyone else get V-11? Granado told me he should be shipping this month. I ordered the WYB faceup too.

9. The V-11head is for their tiny dolls and yes I ordered one.

10. @SteamWitch Not for the tiny body. The original email states:
      "V-11 can be put in Male body Zen and Male Embody."

11. I guess I didn't get that email :frownyblush:

12. It was the original announcement email. Will this ruin your plans? I hope not!

13. @VampireAngel13 - The Dollshe hands are chunkier and have a more limited pose set, plus the shape of the wrist joint on Dollshe is more oval in shape, while Fifth Motif is a little more round.
      Ooh now it's my turn to get all the sculpts confused. *_* I will admit the VIPO series always confuses me because they're so limited and not seen around as often I guess?

14. Oh thanks! :) No, not at all.
      I did locate it deep in my email pile but I was and am not in the market for another big boy (yet, ha!) though he was past tempting as a tiny and made it into the order with Ninth. I'm just hoping Ninth and V11 will ship before the New Year holidays in February.:eusa_pray

15. @SteamWitch oh wow! I was looking through the old vipo mail and found two emails for V-11 and there is a tiny for a lot less $ on the Adagio body! So we are both correct!

My large head with faceup is languishing in NYC right now. Hopefully I'll have him next week sometime....or not!

16. A doll languishing in the US anywhere is better than no news at all. I can't wait to see your boy.

17. V-11 just arrived. It's really great. Beyond my expectations! Photos very soon!

18. Here is V-11 with Crocus Lee faceup. So much like WYB!!!!! I gave him pink sparkly eyes (a first) that I got as a gift from Jisu Lee of Pygmalion Dolls. I'm surprised how much I like them!

[​IMG]Assorted doll photos by Kathy Puckett, on Flickr