1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

☆~~ Granado Doll Discussion Part 18 ~~☆

Oct 22, 2019

1. That's a beautiful face-up. I love the eye/hair combo on him.

2. Oh wow, he's such a cutie! I love his face up. :)

3. He looks wonderful! I now have expectations for the tiny V-11 but no idea when he and ninth will ready to ship.

4. @SteamWitch hopefully really soon.

Thanks all. I love this head on my Loongsoul 73cm body (I take off the ankle piece so more like 72). I am so pleased with the faceup. It's sparce and realistic. Just what I like best. I will put the V-10 (Xiao Zhan on the same body) together with him today.

Oo! Anyone know more?
      Login • Instagram

5. I'm in so much trouble, those tiny guys are dragging me into their spell.
      Nox, Raguel, in the new Pub office, which needs it's props back.
      [​IMG]2020-12-08_09-19-01 by SteamWitch, on Flickr

6. Well I'm thankfully safe then! Tinies are not really my thing. At least not mature ones anyway.

7. They're also re-releasing 3 boys, Napoleon, Ramiel and Gabriel and offering a sliding percentage discount on all dolls purchased based how much your order is. I'm safe only because I've recently thrown out a large wad of cash and none of the crew at Granado are calling to me although Shadow is fantastic looking.

8. Also safe. I can't possibly fall down the rabbit hole to start a new size of dolls (meaning wigs, clothes, eyes, props). And I'm still in the afterglow of my two Vipo dolls finally being together and all the potential that means...

9. Nox is looking so good as a blond, he was my pic for Day 2 photo
      [​IMG]Nox Day 2 by SteamWitch, on Flickr

10. Hey everyone!
      I was wondering, does Crocus Lee do all of the faceups, and if not, how can you guarantee that yours will be done by him? How do the company faceups compare to the ones done by Crocus?

It's probably too late for me to request one, anyway, since I already ordered my Uriel head back during the November event... but I'm still curious!

I can't wait until he comes in though... been wanting to get him for a few years now.

11. Welp, I decided to add a faceup to my Uriel order, since he wasn't ready to ship yet. ^_^
      It will take longer, but I'd rather get everything done in one place, rather than ship him off to a separate place to get a faceup. Plus, it will give me more time to prepare everything for Bucky.

12. Hi guys! Does anyone know if Granado resin matches 2Ddoll/Dikadoll pink resin?

13. I haven't posted in a while. :o

@Silver_Unicorn297 I haven't ordered a Granado doll with faceup, but iirc, their faceups are what you see is what you get (aka pretty accurate to the photos). Congrats on Uriel, tho! At least he will be photo-ready by the time he gets home. :D

A major prop for my doll finally arrived in the mail. (It's a 1/3 scale erhu replica. Some call it a Chinese fiddle.) I've already ordered some jointed hands for him (from Impldoll) so he could actually grip and chord properly, but there's no news or updates about it from ACBJD.

[​IMG]
      Erhu Player 00
      by Yela Gatchalian-David, on Flickr

But to get that pretty-looking result, the musical instrument needed quite a lot of TLC. To make the long story short, it arrived with damages, albeit none that hubby and I couldn't fix ourselves. Beware looking at the photo inside the spoilers tag. My heart still clenches whenever I see how it originally looked off the box.

14. @AntarelNefertili Thank you! I actually do like their faceups very much, especially the softness of the facial hair. Their photos of Uriel are from several years ago though, so I was wondering what their more recent ones looked like. ^_^;

I saw a few of their custom faceups, and fell in love with them--so that's what I ended up getting. One of their more recent faceups is beautifully detailed. It was for the new guy who just came out. Blanking on his name... Noah, I think? If you look on their Instagram, he appears to have skin texture and tiny veins.
      But yes, Bucky will be mostly ready to go when he comes home. I will still need to order a color matched body from Impldoll, then start on the mods.

You did an amazing job repairing that instrument. It must have been heart wrenching when you opened the box at long last and saw the damage. It's probably unintentional, but the colors of the instrument match his outfit perfectly.

15. @AntarelNefertili wow, it was a mess! You did a wonderful job of restoration. It and he look great now. :)

16. @Silver_Unicorn297 Oh yes, I recall that skin texture! I really admire faceup artists who could pull that off. :o On the other hand, it's both a boon and a disadvantage to have such realistic faceup, because you may also want to aim for neck blushing to match. The only reason why my Granado/Impl hybrid looks so seamless color-wise was because his body was a little darker than Granado to begin with, providing a good error margin for blushing.

Oh, and the color of the instrument was actually intentionally matched to his character palette. ^_^

@Alewife Thank you! The broken instrument was my second bad COVID shipping experience (the first was a doll head whose headcap was horribly chipped, detaching the magnets completely). I'm not too keen on ordering something major again til the pandemic passes, else I'd prolly be playing Russian roulette with the postal service every time a parcel is due to be shipped.