1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

☆~~ Granado Doll Discussion Part 18 ~~☆

Oct 22, 2019

1. Which Impldoll body did you try your gorgeous Uriel on? I'm considering getting the 65cm body from Impl if I take advantage of this latest sale period for Uriel.

2. I tried the 70cm Idol body, specifically the TGB. You might be able to get the 65cm Impldoll body to work, as his shoulders are much narrower. The Impldoll Idol has 19cm wide shoulders, compared to the 15cm shoulders on the Granado body. Do compare the neck sizes, however.

3. I'm thinking of finally getting my first Granado big boy... I'm a bit nervous because I'm going from MSDs to a 70cm+ McLargeHuge fellow, but I've wanted a Granado guy for so long, so! Might was well strike while the iron is hot. Just going to argue between Noah and Sariel for this one character though.

4. [​IMG]
      Might as well get both heads, since they aren't always available, and decide which you like better in person. You can sell the extra one on, if you really don't need it, and you can always order another body for it later if you end up keeping both

5. I know, I know... I'm also being fussy over body and money things, or I totally would just grab both and go. I see Impldoll being mentioned as a body option for these fellows? Hmm, I'll have to look into it.

6. It's awful/cruel that all these doll companies are sale-ing at me right now when I utterly lack funds. The Granado sale is painful when you can't do a single thing to participate in it.

7. That anniversary sale is definitely the reason I'm finally making the jump to a big guy. I can't believe I just happened to go look at them this last week after years away.

8. Everyday these companies wake up and choose violence :XD:

9. @PhenomStar To be completely fair my lack of dolly funds is on me.

I bought a Soom Vesuvia on the poison kiss body in December (merry Xmas to me!) and had her modded to a him which wiped out my dolly savings. Vasyl was a 2nd hand purchase and those are always first come, first serve so I had no real choice to wait and maybe be able to buy one sometime in the future. Then earlier this month somebody was selling a Lume Zero and despite my not having cash in hand (thank the gods for credit cards), I bought my mythic level grail as my soul would've wept if I hadn't.

Doesn't mean I'm not looking longingly at a Sariel in chocolate and sighing wistfully. Resin addiction is such a brutal thing.

10. I finally took a splurge and got Noah on 75Adagio body in Windfresh skin. I could not resist this discount event knowing that it is their biggest one yet. I've been wanting Noah ever since Granado first released him and have been saving funds little by little. This is my first time purchasing a doll over 70cm, and I'm both nervous and excited!

11. They have tiny little eyes. I have a set of the superS Granado makes, and I got small iris glass eyes from Alice Collections in the smallest size and they work pretty well.

And he may still look a little pinheaded even on a Granado body, if you get a Embody or Evol. I love him, but my mom teases me (gently) about it. Here's a pic from my box opening:

[​IMG]

With his shoulders he could be a linebacker.

12. Monetary and procedural question. Am just about to punch the button on a pretty hefty order. I've come to the "customs" part of the checkout and am asking advice. How much do custom charges run on these big guys (I'll have two in there) and how are they paid? I'm completely ignorant of this part of things. I'm not sure I ever paid customs charges on the Fairyland orders. If they did, I suppose FL just took care of it and charged it to my paypal.

Appreciate the help

13. Where are you? EU? Because they charge VAT, which is a percentage of the whole price. If you're in the US, congrats, you don't have to worry about it.

14. US. Yay! That explains why I've never encountered it in previous purchases from China/Korea. I queried online and there was all sorts of stuff about importing and percentages, but that must be for resale.

Thanks so very much for the quick answer! I'm going to go punch the button and watch my paypal account explode!

15. Thank you! That photo is actually really helpful. His shoulders look much broader here. I ultimately went with the Embody, because I felt it fit Bucky better. The arm also looked smoother and would thus be easier to mod.

I've some 12mm/5mm eyes in him right now, so I'll come back to them in a week or so. I'm just used to seeing more white in my dolls' eyes, so that could be part of it. I might try to go down a size to 12mm/4mm. Right now, he's borrowing someone else's eyes. (Is this... is this how eye hoarding begins?

16. @Silver_Unicorn297 Yes, yes it is. If you think that's bad regards eye hoarding potential, you have no idea how truly bad it gets when you make your own eyes.

17. I'm now much poorer...but happy. Looking forward to the arrival of my two new guys. Stephen doesn't have a head yet...I'm going to have to keep my eye out for one that can be modded into him, but I'll have a lot of work to do on the Adagio 70 body and all of Wesley before I start on his head.

The folk at Granado have been fantastically helpful. They recommended the smaller neck as being more universally compatible.

Big favor. Do you all have recommendations for other companies that have adaptable heads? The only dolls I know are Fairyland, and their head connections are quite different, besides their heads are also not as realistic as I'd like for these lads. I hardly know where to begin. I don't want to post the pic here, it not be BJD, but a book cover, but this is the only rendition of Stephen I've ever done (the darkhaired lad fading into the stars.) Oh, wait...there's another cover, but I've got this link. Also, any suggestions for how to make curly/wavy haired wigs would be welcome!
      http://www.janefancher.com/HarmoniesOfTheNet/wp-content/gallery/hotfin/hotss13_0.png
      This is the other, but it's not quite right.
      http://www.janefancher.com/Harmonie...llery/netwalkerscovers/wildcardsforkindle.jpg

18. I'm seriously considering ordering Uriel. I'd really love to get him in one of the new "middle" skin tones, but I can't decide which. I'm thinking one of them might be an OK match to Iplehouse Peach Gold, or Impl Doll Real (which I am aware is significantly lighter than Iplehouse resin of the same color, more of a slightly olive darker NS) An Impl body would be more affordable.... but an Iplehouse would give me the opportunity to get my hands on a head I really like at the same time, if I ordered Doll Choice instead of looking for a PG body on the second hand market.... :? Decisions, decisions... :sweat:sweat

19. If you're getting Uriel, you may want to consider the experiences of @davri and @Silver_Unicorn297 regarding his sculpt's size. Most of the Granado Archangel guys have notoriously petite noggins, and Iplehouse necks are known to mushroom out, making them difficult to hybrid. While my Granado Michael fared better on Impldoll, he's still quite pinheaded on it -- and since Iplehouse is a touch beefier than Impldoll, the problem may only be more pronounced there. (Also, Impldoll's RealSkin is VERY erratic and is nothing like the sample I have of IH PG, so it's a bit of a lottery what color you'd end up with.)

I actually caved in and ordered a Noah head. From the pictures and Granado's own measurements, his head circumference is closer to the "standard" for 70cms. If it all works out the way I hoped it would, he will take over the character my Michael is currently filling (or at least, relegate the older head into an alternate sculpt for the same character). Make no mistake, I love my Michael head to pieces, but his petite-ness is causing a lot of interesting issues where finding team members are concerned. :XD:

20. I would've done the same and been the happier for it! :D