1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

☆~~ Granado Doll Discussion Part 18 ~~☆

Oct 22, 2019

1. Ooooh, thank you! That picture is actually REALLY helpful to show the difference between Iple and Impl, even if Impl is inconsistent. Impl looks closer to "Apricot", and Iplehouse looks closer to "Rosy Tan"
      I took a look at measurements, and I'm a little shocked at how much broader the shoulders are for both the bodies I'm considering. Almost 2cm wider, even though they're 5cm shorter than the bodies that are offered as default for Uriel! :ablink::ablink:

#441 Miss_Pygmalion, Apr 5, 2021
      Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    2. I'm hoping to get my Noah and Sariel heads later in the month, I think. The event goes till the 30th, right? I want to make sure I'm reading right. Even though it's right there. Can't be too careful.

Edit: different/better question. Where do you recommend finding clothes for these big guys or even similar ones? I'll probably be hybriding, but I want my bases covered, haha.

#442 Sami-Fire, Apr 5, 2021
      Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    3. I'm interested as well. There's so much variation in measurements, just within the Granado crew.

4. Greetings, I am completely new to Granado and wondering about the 70 Adagio vs. the 75 Adagio body. These are two different bodies, right...? I like Uriel very much, but I'm not sure I love the EID-ish Embody and Evol bodies. 75 Adagio seems ID75-like in its measurements, but I can't find any measurements for the 70 Adagio except the neck girth--which is different from the 75 Adagio's. I'm wondering whose clothes might fit the 70 Adagio, and whether Uriel would fit on that body.

5. I asked Granado for measurements and they said they are still making decisions so there are no definite measurements before the sale ends. This is a turn off for me but maybe that’s why there is a 15% discount and they will have preorders to count on.

6. Wow, that's interesting. I guess the idea was to create a version of the Adagio that could accommodate more heads...?

7. Shi looked a little down today so I took his photo. It made me smile anyway.
      [​IMG]shi 0406 by SteamWitch, on Flickr

8. @green_judy Uriel is one of the smaller heads (~21cm). In this photo released by Granado on their IG, it shows two similar-sized heads (not sure if they're Gabriel and Raguel) versus the 75cm Adagio (and the first head they sculpted for it, Noah). From that alone, it can be implied that Uriel will be pinheaded on the 75cm. There is hardly any info on the 70cm Adagio yet though, so cannot really tell if that one will work better.

9. @AntarelNefertili thank you for these observations. Wondering if I should wait and see about the Adagio 70 rather than order an Embody package, although the assassin outfit is cute. :XD: Presuming it's available...? Things to think about... *_*

10. Just received some possibly useful information: I've been working with Granado trying to find a head for the Adagio 70. I looked for other possible sculpts from other companies, but didn't really find anything that sang to me. I finally decided after messing on the computer with it, that I could turn Noah into Stephen, so I just went ahead and ordered the Noah head. They came back to me and said it wouldn't look right, proportionally, but they were going to be making a smaller Noah for the 70cm bodies. I had already ordered the smaller neck option on the Adagio 70 and since this was in conjunction with the same conversation we were having about neck size, I'm assuming the new Noah will work on the smaller neck size.

Hope that helps anyone looking at that smaller Adagio and wondering whether to wait on a head. They must be planning on doing it pretty soon, because they added it to my order.

Not sure what's going on in their studio, but it must be a little crazy! I found several little oversights on their order pages, and now the Not-quite-ready-for-prime-time with the measurements for the Adagio70 and lack of appropriate heads for the sale. :D I think maybe their 10th anniversary was on them a little sooner than they expected. But they're certainly trying hard.

It seems to me that all the event "heads" have the option to buy the outfit(s). The "Uriel" does list that nifty Assassin outfit as available for purchase.

11. 70Adagio is a body that can fit with large dolls like Gabriel, Uriel or Enoch.
      You can tell if the head fits with Embody or Evol body, then it can also goes well with 70Adagio. :3nodding:
      Crocus wants to provide another body choice for the 70cm tall range doll heads, so 70Adagio is born.

75Adagio is a size that similar to Vigor body. So 75Adagio can also put in Lucifer or Napoleon head.
      You can think Crocus' making the same shape bodies but in a different size. Customers can decide which doll bodies can embody their beloved characters.:)

12. Useful information, @ikaru -- thanks so much..!

@Vindalootoo good to know about the re-sized Noah. I will look forward to seeing Embody/Evol heads on the 70Adagio, too. :)

#452 green_judy, Apr 8, 2021
      Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    13. Hmm, so Noah takes a different body than say, Sariel? I didn't quite figure that out, haha. I still might just start with the heads and pick up the bodies later if I can. Hmm.

14. Hi guys, I just had a quick question about ordering custom faceup from Granado. Can you get a custom faceup from them anytime, or is it more like a special event thing? It's just that I ordered my Noah blank with the hopes of turning him into a dragon-esque character, but I'm wondering if Crocus is open to taking on fantasy-type custom faceup? Is there a separate form to fill out for custom makeup, or do you just ask for it on the Q&A forum?

15. Weird question, but does anyone know if any of the 70cm Evol/Embody compatible heads are around 23-24 centimeters?

16. Do you mean height-wise? Wig-wise? Neck size?

Sorry, just not sure what measurement you're looking for?

17. Ah, sorry for being unclear. I meant circumference/wig measurement. :sweat

18. Ahhh I'm going to yell into the night- I'm absolutely head over heels for Noah but I only found out about him today :...( I've got absolutely no funds for an impulse purchase. I can't wait to see the unboxing and owner pics when he arrives for those that got him though!

@Vindalootoo Thank you so much for this information! A 70Noah would be absolutely perfect for me, both size-wise and timeline-wise when it gets released :lol:

19. I wish I'd seen this sooner. I was actually able to order him during their 15% off sale period, both body and head. They didn't say how long it would be relative to a regular order before he was ready to ship. I really liked the Noah face as a great starting point for both my guys. I'll be modding him (sorry!) to be a little more...committed(?) to an expression, and individual facial type, but I think the proportions are fabulous.

I wonder if I might request some photobombing. I just put up my order in the waiting room, and suddenly realized just what I've committed myself to. I need reassurance that I went with the right company! :D Don't care what sculpt, what bodies...just want pretty pictures!

20. This is more of an info spam than a photo spam (and my Michael may get turned into a Noah if things are just as I had hoped), but I finally received my pair of jointed hands from Impldoll and Doll Legend. Scale-wise and in terms of aesthetic, the Impl ones are actually pretty good with Granado (the petite heads, at least). The Doll Legend ones were for my non-Granado girl, but it's also included in the pic for reference.

[​IMG]
      Impldoll RS over the years (and others)
      by Yela Gatchalian-David, on Flickr