1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

☆~~ Granado Doll Discussion Part 18 ~~☆

Oct 22, 2019

1. Pretty boy picture I have some. This is the V10 sculpt.
      [​IMG]Shi by SteamWitch, on Flickr
      [​IMG]
      Napoleon sculpt
      [​IMG]
      Raguel sculpt

2. ooooo....keep 'em coming.

3. Oh no...I only just found out about the photo competition. Dang...I'm all out of ideas and inspiration :shudder

4. @Quiet and Insane There's still time! I took some pics yesterday. They're not great but I'm entering them anyway.

5. Entering is on my list of things to do, too. I need to put a post it note somewhere about that or I'll forget yet again.

6. I entered the contest with photos of my tiny boy. Spent a week making the diorama, gah! It barely shows up - typical.

7. I just sent mine in!! I don't think I've ever entered their photo contest before... :O

8. Good luck all...

9. Ah, the endless problem of foot covering. I've got measurements for Wesley's feet (vigor) but Stephen is the 70cm adagio, and they don't have measurements posted for those yet. Sigh. Crocus is very proportion-sensitive, and I suspect the 70cm adagio feet will be a bit smaller than the 75 adagio...the question is, will it be enough to fit into the smaller 1/3 shoes? Sigh. If I knew, I could at least have some mocassins waiting for him.

Meantime, I continue to look for a better head for Wesley than Noah. Niko is a lot closer, and there's one available on the MP, but it's designed for the Titan body, and that sucker is huge. I think the neck is, like, 16cm. Sheesh.

10. hi! can i please ask for resin matches with granado's ns?

11. I know I saw this on the site somewhere, but an hour of poking around, I can't find it! I do know from my exchange with them that Windfresh is the same as Obitsu windfresh, and that Windfresh is darker than the NS. Don't know if that helps. I'm hoping if the head is in the right ball park, the faceup and a bit of blushing on the neck can do a lot to mask any difference.

12. Oooo...I found heads for my incoming Granado boys right here on the market place, sculpts by artists I'd never heard of. Well, one is Soom, but so different from anything Soom has put out lately, I never would have guessed. One is quite new, (R. Dean's Rei) the other (Soom Lazule) hasn't been made for years, I guess. It's quite exciting for me. I've been looking at doll sculpts for years, hoping to find something that would ring "Stephen" or "Wesley" to me. I know intimately what they feel and think like, and bits and pieces of their appearance, but only a hazy notion of what they look like. I know weird things, like what Stephen's face feels like, because Wes has had his hands all over him (cough cough). :D Anyway, I saw these on the MP and they just started to haunt me, esp the Lazule. They'll both take a little tweaking...Stephen's is a little too rounded, and Wes needs a bit more of a smirk, but they're so much closer than the Noah sculpts I ordered from Granado! The most amazing thing is, they're the right size for the bodies! I've got the Adagio70 coming in for Stephen and Vigor 74 for Wesley, so the heads had to be different sizes as well.

Sorry...babbling. But I really am happy to have found these.

13. Sorry for so many posts in a row, but I just found out from Granado that the Adagio 70 isn't finished yet, not even close enough to give me measurements on his foot size. I just thought if anyone else did a preorder on him, it really is going to be a while before he comes.

14. It is possible I just procured another granado head for my collection of granado heads. This time it’s Uriel. Which is funny for me, because my Xavier is my character Uriel....

15. Woo! Double-post!

Any idea what size wig Uriel might take? I don't wig my guys anymore, I don't even have an idea what size any of them are....

16. I think mine are 7-8 closer to 8 but not over at least the vinyl Udel and Charles are. I made Raguel's wig so...

17. Thanks!
      Amazingly enough, Uriel arrived today...despite being shipped Friday from Canada o.O
      I think he hit some sort of time warp on the way or something. I've been waiting on a body for two weeks and it's only just made it to the country over the weekend!

Anyway, I tried a wig on him and he's def a 7/8. Teeny noggins for the win? He fits perfectly on my Soom SG body I had laying in a drawer, so he's on his way toward being good to go already (just needs to be dyed. WS is not what I want for this guy)

EDIT: I've beens staring hard at him, and at photos, and I think he needs a few mods before he's dyed. Cross your fingers.

#478 VampireAngel13, May 17, 2021
      Last edited: May 17, 2021
    18. Time for a double post!

So I modded my new-to-me Uriel --

[​IMG]Granado Uriel by Vampire Angel13, on Flickr

I'll be honest, I didn't think I did much until I looked at the before pic again. I'm super-happy with him. I hope he dyes ok. I think maybe I need to work a little more on his jaw, but I might not bother.