1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

☆~~ Granado Doll Discussion Part 18 ~~☆

Oct 22, 2019

1. Gosh darn it. . . I think I need an Embody body now. Does anyone have it who can tell me precisely how beefy it is? Or who has it and can tell me how it is compared to say an Iplehouse EID?

2. Thought you might be interested in seeing these, but the last months I painted a couple heads for Granado :D
      They are currently on their way back to them, and hopefully arrive there soon.

I was sent two Cain, two Barry, two Noah, a Ninth and a Shadow head. Aside from Ninth/Shadow the other heads were all in the Adagio 75 size.
      Cain is like Enoch's brother, very close in vibe but a bit younger looking with wider jaw. Really love the Noah sculpt myself too and am pretty sad I had to send the white skin one back :XD:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. @Ara Beautiful job! Do they just give you a description of what they want?

4. Thank you!
      And no, Crocus only made a request for one of the Barry heads (he wanted a drag queen, he didn't say more), so for the rest I had to come up with my own concepts and how to execute them all :lol:

The idea behind them is as follows:
      - Cain I, vampire hunter and rugged outdoorsy type, who thinks his twin died long ago and isn't aware he's a vampire
      - Cain II, his vampire twin brother, who very much knows about his brother's occupation and avoids him, painted to look like he freshly drank blood
      - Barry I and II, regular self vs drag persona, his drag persona is called Berry Pride hence the purple scheme vs his more natural brown look
      - Noah 1, based on Japanese Kintsugi
      - Noah 2, a cheeky prince from an icy kingdom in a fantasy world
      - Ninth and Shadow, a boy and his guardian angel (loosely based on NGE's Shinji and Kaworu)

5. @Ara How fun! Thank you for the explanation. Gotta love the drag queen! Again, beautiful.

6. @Ara I've been following your progress on IG, and they all turned out beautiful!

7. They look amazing @Ara! :D
      I really love the fine veins around Cain II's eyes!

8. Thank you everyone :...(
      I just hope they'll be delivered soon. I'm a little nervous, usually I'm the last person to handle my works and I'm extremely careful with them to ensure there is no damage when they're shipped off to a customer. I just hope buyers will receive them like I sent them out :shudder

9. Fingers crossed!

10. Wow they all look amazing!

I managed to get my hands (well he's not here yet) on a Gabriel on the Embody bod! I'm super excited . . . but not sure what the heck he's gonna wear lol. Has anyone tried SartoriaJ 71 athletic clothes on that body? The measurements are all similar it seems . . but also the measurements on the website are suspect or so I've heard.

11. @Ara they're fabulous! I love the concepts and how beautifully you executed them. :D

12. FYI, everyone: the order for torso bases I made on August 8th arrived yesterday!

13. Ooh exciting! How do they look? I've been considering getting a couple for when I'm making wigs. I figured it'd be easier to handle than a whole doll.

14. @Quiet and Insane I think they'd work very well for making wigs. At the moment, I have them perched next to me awaiting faceups. I kind of have to fit faceups into the cracks of my day. Pros or even just careful doll-folk w/b appalled at the haphazard conditions under which I work!

Here's what they look like. Two large, one small bust.

Wesley's head, an R. Dean Rei, fits perfectly and holds position like a champ while I tilt him all over the place: two pics are with the head square, two with it slightly "dislocated". He fits on my 75Vigor. The stand he's on is in windfresh, same as the Vigor body. The head was an absolute perfect match...until I dyed it. :D I dipped it briefly in Chocolate Rit plus with a dash of magenta, then lifted out a bit of the dye on the highlight areas of the face. I love the effect, but that means I need to do the whole body! ARGH!

Stephen is a Soom Lazule and goes with my new natural 70Adagio body, and that's the color of his bust. He's dyed as well, being an oriental yellow tone resin. His head is a little small on the bust and has only a couple of stable positions.

So, bottom line, "large" is basically for their 75cm bodies...altho I did order the 70Adagio with the smaller neck...

The little bust has Mini-Stephen's fireside head on it. He goes with the 32Adagio

Pookii is just there because if he's in the room and pics are being taken, he's going to crash them.

[​IMG]
      If image is broken, click here
      [​IMG]
      In case of broken image, click here

Hope that helps! Suffice to say, I'm not sorry I made the impulse buy.

15. Ooh the stands are lovely! Thank you for the review! :D

16. Good news, the heads arrived safely at Granado's and Crocus likes them! :...(
      What a relief.

17. That's great news! :D

18. @Ara That's awesome they got there all safe and sound! Shipping could be a hair-raising matter these days.

I've made the decision to pay premium so Granado will ship my 75Adagio via DHL. Yup, I decided not to risk it with (a) EMS that will force me into going to a crowded mail depot just to claim the item, and (b) another hybrid, because I don't have unlimited funds to try multiple bodies and hope it will be a-ok. At this point, I just want a body for my Noah that would work. :sweat

19. @Ara: YAYAYAYAYAYAY I'm sure that's a relief! Both that they got there and that Crocus approves!

@AntarelNefertili I don't think you'll regret it. I'm really loving the 70Adagio.

20. @Vindalootoo That's great to know you're enjoying the 70Adagio! I prolly won't get my 75cm version until February next year (Granado won't start production until I completely pay off my layaway), but at least I won't have to contend with the holiday rush of parcels. Really looking forward to having my Noah completely assembled! The artist is almost done with his faceup, too, so hopefully in the next several weeks he'll get photographed again.