1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

☆~~ Granado Doll Discussion Part 18 ~~☆

Oct 22, 2019

1. Wow gorgeous work. Have you seen any of their dolls in their amber skin

2. I'm still contemplating adding a peanut/mobility joint, but I'm going to test it in the 32Adagio first. Even without it, it has some very nice moves. The structure of the hip is such that it's both stable and flexible. Curiously, he can do the lotus position (sort of) but crossing his legs is a challenge. I suspect a very simple mobility joint would solve the problem. And it's such a beautiful body!

I've got the 31Ascent on the way and if it performs as I hope, I'll probably try to duplicate the mobility joint in that sculpt.

3. So, here is my non-blank Noah. Both the faceup artist and I agreed that it's a close-but-not-quite-there-yet kinda thing (attempting to match Granado's opaque resin with Impldoll's slightly translucent one didn't go too well), but we decided that he'll have a second go once the 75Adagio arrives. Until then, it's going to be face closeups to hide the fact that his current body is a B-A-D match, scale-wise and color-wise!

[​IMG]
      Granado Noah Faceup Take 1
      by Yela Gatchalian-David, on Flickr

4. Ooh he looks lovely despite the resin mis-match!

5. @AntarelNefertili - He's gorgeous! Are you going to keep his current body for old time's sake, or sell it on?
      When it comes to big dolls, floating bodies don't stay headless for long in my house (er, apartment), so I can totally see selling it on for space reasons before someone comes along and claims it. On the other hand... there's never a more perfect body for a new head than the old body one just sold :evilplot:

6. @Girrl Technically the body still has the old Granado Michael head waiting for it, teehee! Even though my rational self is telling me that two complete dolls for one character is a little too much, my sentimental self is stubbornly refusing to let go of the older shell. I also don't have too much space (condo unit living), but I keep thinking that as long as the dolls can fit on top of the piano, I'll be fine...?

@Quiet and Insane @Vindalootoo The faceup artist wasn't used to opaque-vs-translucent resin matching sooooo there's a lot to be desired (the result was way off irl; it's only the Power of Photoshop that somehow fixed the discrepancy). I'm really happy with the scarring though, which was also a first for the artist (so much back-and-forth happened before it got nailed). Either way, we're looking forward to when his Granado body arrives so his makeup foundation can finally be removed.

7. :D Having spent a month "fixing" Stephen's head to go with his body (His head is Soom Lazule in an oriental tone and his body is the Granado new normal) I totally grok, although I think matching that translucent tone of that body would be a real challenge! (A part of me wants to find something with that resin to try. I fear I'm a real masochist) I hope the makeup artist can nail that scar again (in the things you never thought you'd say department :D) Most such things I can take or leave, but there's something about that one that takes that almost too perfect face over to Really Interesting.

8. Isilme turned three last Friday! He's finally got a wig now too!
      Alas, still no body or faceup...ah well. :sweat

[​IMG]IMG20211113170054 by Liz, on Flickr

9. @Quiet and Insane Love the colour of the wig with his skintone. Even without a faceup, that dark resin really shows all the sculpt details so beautifully...

10. @Vindalootoo - Thank you! I'm very happy with how it turned out. The four braids can be used to tie his hair back so that it doesn't get in his face while he works.

@Havra - Thank you! Bronze is such a stunning resin colour, and I completely agree, the resin colour really does show off all the details in his sculpt very well. I particularly like his nose (but I'm also a sucker for an interesting schnozz). He was most definitely a happy accident. :D I'm thinking that once I mods his ears into lovely pointy elf ears, his colour scheme will be deep plums and coppers. Gotta keep it dramatic when you're royalty right? ;)

11. @Quiet and Insane I really love Granado's tans! I would have gotten my boy in either tan or amber if it didn't cost money I didn't have. :sweat

12. Same here @AntarelNefertili! I guess it's one of the reasons I've still not bought the bodies for my floating heads. Only my very old Mads has a body, because his resin is white. :lol:

13. Someone is playing librarian (or museum curator). :XD: Those Dollmore glasses are ridiculously large, though. 75cm Noah already has the largest noggin' in the crew and yet they're still a smidge too big for him.

[​IMG]
      Museum Curator
      by Yela Gatchalian-David, on Flickr

14. Ooh I love how dexterous his hands are holding that brush! :D

15. Does anyone here have a Galileo head and could give me a circumference? I've been trying to shell a character from an RP with my best friend for years and she went crazy over him and said he was perfect. But he needs at least a 72 body to work for the character. Is the head big enough?

16. I am very excited I got my Uriel head in, but holy cow you guys weren't kidding about him being a pinhead! :lol:
      I am Strongly considering making him a padded noggin or cap so he fills out wigs better and looks just a bit more proportional.

17. @Quiet and Insane His jointed hands (from Impldoll) are actually a touch too small for a huge head as Noah's. They're a perfect size for my Michael tho (and I still don't know what I'd do with my Michael now, haha!). I'd have to get him new ones eventually once his actual Granado body arrives. I am still at two minds about Granado's jointed hands because they're a little too slender for my tastes, and lack opposable thumbs.

@Isabeau Sorry I cannot help you on Galileo's actual head circumference, but considering that he was sculpted for the 70cm Zen body, he's probably one of the more petite heads.

@Miss_Pygmalion Yuuuuup I faced that same problem with my Michael. :sweat Before I learned how to make wigs, I often padded his noggin' with tissue paper AND a silicone wig cap so some store-bought wigs would not eat his sculpt.

18. I'm kind of banking on how small some of the heads are for my Newton. By measurements, he should fit very nicely on my Volks SDGraffiti body I have for him. His neck opening might need a little filling in underneath, but that won't show.