1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

☆~~ Granado Doll Discussion Part 18 ~~☆

Oct 22, 2019

1. @AntarelNefertili Thanks! That's sort of what I was thinking. I may have to look at someone else-there is a Ringdoll my friend thought might serve.

2. I certainly didn't notice. ;) You could always keep him on a nice bust stand? Michael is a cool sculpt, and I did like mine even if I only owned him briefly.
      The only pair of jointed Granado hands I have are the ones made for the old Nuevo bodies. They're not terrible (looking at you DZ), but they're definitely not the most elegant of posers.

3. First decent photoshoot of 2022! :) Guórén's 75Adagio is still in production (and will prolly not be shipped until late February owing to the number of holidays affecting the prod time), but I couldn't resist including him with his partner and two of their brood. Pardon the visible neck donut -- it will have to do until he is Granado-fied from head to toe.

[​IMG]
      Adhara, Guoren, and Two of the Brood
      by Yela Gatchalian-David, on Flickr

@Quiet and Insane A bust stand is def a tempting option, owing to my fondness for the sculpt. :thumbup Will allow me to keep the head while comfortably retiring a huge resin hunk of body. (I still am not ready to let go of my Michael, obviously lol.)

4. I just love how beautifully composed all of your photos are @AntarelNefertili! Perfect body matches or not, your skills with a camera are wonderful. Michael is a gorgeous sculpt. I really loved mine for the short while I had him (he has since been reshelled as an Enoch...who will be getting a body soon?? OMG!)

5. @Quiet and Insane Awwww, thank you! Granted, I subject my images through a lot of post-processing and even some digital painting or two, so a lot of my photos could almost count as mixed-media at this point. :sweat Gotta make use of what limited tools you have! On a side note, ohhhhh your Enoch is getting his own body for realz! Is it an actual Granado body, or are you going to hybrid him?

6. Haha, that still counts as photography to me @AntarelNefertili! I very rarely add more than a filter on Instagram. At this point my phone camera is better than my actual camera.
      Yeah it's the Embody! He'll be sharing with my Neptune, because if I had more space (and money let's be honest), they'd both end up on the same body anyway in the same resin colour. Which works wonderfully when you're as strapped for space as I am. Heads are far easier to store than whole dolls (I say as I wait for a bunch of whole dolls whoops).

7. Heeeey everyone! Long time no see! How is everyone?

Does anyone remember my Bucky Barnes Uriel? Because I got his wig cut and his outfit all done (the jacket was so hard to make though... I actually did follow the on-screen design)! Here's a quick snapshot! Almost done carving the designs into his arm, too, just need to clean them up, then paint and seal the thing.
      [​IMG]

8. He looks great! You even have his little red henley shirt!!

9. He looks fantastic!! :D Did you make his cap too? It looks so good.

10. @Rosslyn Thank you! Henleys are so hard to make @_@

@Quiet and Insane Thank you! I did not make the hat. I actually got it from Fairy Tale Doll on Etsy. It's actually lined on the inside! The shirt, Henley, hoodie, and jacket I did make. I plan on updating my project journal soon.

11. Omg, I love him ♡ If Granado ever brings back his sculpt once more, I'd love to attempt my own version of him! (already have a Bucky in Nendoroid Doll form xD). Please share more pictures if him if you have some free time on your hands ^-^

12. GUys guys, My Newton head is shipping soon! Ive never actually seen another Newton but he's just right for the original character I have.

13. It's s hard to find good hats for dolls sometimes, I'll have to have a look! His whole outfit looks amazing! :D

14. @Silver_Unicorn297 I saw your pic on FB! Really awesome job; it's obvious you are going all-out in getting the details just right. :thumbup

@Rosslyn Congratulations! When did you place your order, by the way? Yep, there aren't many Newtons around, so it would be interesting to see more owner photos of him!

15. [​IMG]

Just wanted to share a photo of my Raguel on here :aheartbea He recently got the 3rd gen jointed hands, although they’re a little lighter compared to his original resin tone (Aug 2020). Planning to blush em and give him black nails anyway :XD:

16. Ahhhhh he's so handsome @Dead! :D Gosh I love the look of those hands. I can't wait to get my (human) hands on a pair when my Embody arrives. :lol:

17. Thank you my friend :D

Thank you! Oohhh you will love their jointed hands :love Granado even wires them for you which is an added bonus and I absolutely love that!

18. His hands look really graceful, @Dead! :D I'm still at two minds about ordering Granado jointed hands for my boy because they're a touch too slender for my taste (and lack an opposable thumb joint), but I def won't say no to trying them out, given the chance.

Still no 75Adagio shipping notice, but that's expected since Chinese New Year is right smack in the middle of the production period. Slooooowly getting my unfinished Noah to be less camera-shy. His headsculpt is actually way larger than hers (a modded Fantasia Doll Vivian 2017 ver, 19.5cm circumference), but manipulating the camera angle evened out the difference.

[​IMG]
      Keeping the Flame Alive
      by Yela Gatchalian-David, on Flickr

19. They wire them for you?? :o Ohhhhh now Iwan will definitely want his v1 jointed hands wired when he sees these new ones. Not that there's anything wrong with them, they're just a little snappier than I'd like them to be after...6-7 years or so. I'm going to have to compare the two versions once they arrive.