1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

☆~~ Granado Doll Discussion Part 18 ~~☆

Oct 22, 2019

1. Does anyone know how well Dollshe Oriental matches Granado normal?

And has anyone ordered the Zen body?

2. *raises hand*
      I have Galileo with the Zen body on layaway right now~

3. Congrats! I'm thinking of ordering two of the bodies. Did Granado give you an estimate on wait times? I was checking the waiting room for wait times but it doesn't look like the list has been updated recently.

4. Nope, but on the website it says they'll ship within 50 days of the final payment. So I'm guessing the average wait time is about 5 months.

5. I unfortunately don't have photos, but the two resins don't match. Granado is a little more on the pinkish side, while the Dollshe resin is a little more yellowish.

6. Two Granados, one Dollshe, all hybrids so please ignore the bodies ... the Saint is a couple years old though, and has been blushed a bit to match the body he's on. The Granados are from the same batch and rather on the yellowish side (for their standards):

[​IMG]

7. I have a Zen body on order along with the jointed hands, now it’s just the waiting game.

8. AH that's cool MacaronTea
      Please tell us your impressions when you get him :D

9. Thanks, good to know.

Do you think blushing could hide the difference some? I have some LLT normal heads from 2011, which are a decent match to Dollshe Oriental, that I'm trying to get bodies for. I was interested in the Zen body for them.

Nice, please post pictures when they arrive. I'll most likely have to hold off on getting one for now.

10. I think so? From memory the match wasn't too far off, but they were older batches of resin.

11. Would you happen to know how Granado normal compares to Dollzone normal yellow? The DZ normal yellow is peachier than the DS oriental I have.

12. I have no DZ yellow to compare to sadly. All mine are white or pink.

13. Ack. 50 business days is about two and a half months. Was your estimate based on experience, assumption that people would pay on layaway, or just a math hiccup? I was planning to order a boy as a gift for someone whose birthday is at the end of April, but I'll have to go with another company if their wait times are really that long. :sweat

14. Granado is pretty good about the 50 days, 2 1/2 to 3 months is about right.

15. I believe Granado aren't a "ready to sell" type of company.

They have an order period for each models and they start the production when it's over.
      Molding all those orders (and adding faceup options) takes time.

Several months feels like a very long time, but believe me; Granado is worth the wait.
      The quality of their products makes up for it. <3

16. Whew, thanks! My only experience with them has been vinyl, so I was worried the resin might be a much longer wait. Proceeding as planned...

@Lawrichai I know, thank you! Fortunately she's longing for Uriel, who is available now - so all good!

#97 celga, Dec 21, 2019
      Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    17. Chiming in with the reminder that 50 business days is a significantly longer or shorter period of time, depending on the time of year.
      I run into this constantly at work, since many legal deadlines are calculated, at least in part, in court days (days the state superior courts are open). 16 court days is usually about a month, but if there's state holidays or court closure days thrown in, it easily balloons up to almost 2 months

18. 2-3 months isn't a bad wait time really. I was on the crazy train of a Dollshe wait for 1.5 years before throwing in the towel, cancelling my order and asking for my money back as apparently the prototype for the doll I'd ordered hadn't even been made yet. I'm still waiting on my Dream Valley body and it's been 5 months now but apparently they've also got a backlog of orders happening.

19. Pitfall of the hobby. I absolutely love LLT for straightforwardly letting the customers know after their last preorder that the wait would be around ten months - it saves so much unnecessary stress and frustration! If only all doll companies would do the same, instead of making unrealistic promises. (I'm talkin' to you, Supia.:XD:)

Anyway, I've thought about it and decided to throw my hat into this ring, come what may. If the doll doesn't arrive in time, a nice birthday card featuring a promo pic of Uriel should keep my daughter in a state of happy anticipation until the arrival. :)