1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

☆~~ Granado Doll Discussion Part 18 ~~☆

Oct 22, 2019

1. @xyuemoto Thanks. I'm really happy how they turned out. Liroshan's wig is one that was supposed to be for someone else but was too small and the wrong shade. I let out the darts on the wig and dyed it to get the look I wanted for Liroshan.

2. Does anyone know if Granado still sells the Titan body as a full doll? I've found where to buy just the body (think) but can't seem to find where to order him as a full doll.

3. I just got V-09, the one without teeth. :)

4. I did my faceup for V-10. He turned into Xiao Zhan from The Untamed so I had to buy his outfit and wig from Legenddoll. Do you think Granado had him in mind? Many photos of him show his teeth. I have a blank Wang YiBo head so they will end up being a pair on Loongsoul bodies I ordered. He's on my Dollshe Arsene body at the moment. So many plans!
      [​IMG]New head Xiao Zhan by Kathy Puckett, on Flickr

#144 Mahgiep, Apr 2, 2020
      Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    5. Well done, he fits the character really well. I've only watched 2 episodes but since I have the time now I should watch more.;)

Oh and I'll share this here too. Raguel and V07
      [​IMG]Nox and Drake by SteamWitch, on Flickr

#145 SteamWitch, Apr 2, 2020
      Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    6. @Iron_Dog - They both look gorgeous, but Liroshan's colours just take the cake. He looks utterly perfect! :D Dusk and dawn are exactly what I think of upon seeing him.

@Cap'n - So at the moment the ordering period is open for just the titan body: Male Body Titan
      Granado do monthly ordering periods for their bodies, while only a few are available all the time as full dolls (though you also have the option to just get those ones as heads too). Normally during events Granado will release a bunch of older sculpts, and quite often they'll take suggestions for what to re-release. You could always ask them if and when they plan to release more titan heads? Their customer service team is super friendly. :)

7. @Quiet and Insane Thanks. I'm so very pleased with how they turned out and the work this artist, Jade Garden, does. She's painted 4 of my boys so far and I'm going to be sending more to her (2 more blank guys and 1 for a new face-up). It's also a bonus to me that she's a fellow Canadian as I don't need to worry about possible Customs fees when I send heads out. Even better, I was able to send those two out during this pandemic without worry about my package getting stopped at the border.

8. @Iron_Dog - Oh that's great! It's always nice when you find a good local artist and don't have to pay an arm and a leg for shipping and customs. :)

9. I feel your pain where finding the ideal faceup artist is concerned! Even though I have a local favorite, some of my dolls may just have to be sent overseas in order to get the look I'm aiming for. (Obviously that would have to wait until the pandemic passes.)

Moar Michael spam, anyone?

[​IMG]
      True Lion 01
      by Yela Gatchalian-David, on Flickr

10. Yes, I'm picky about how the artist does certain things. If I look through their gallery and the majority of the pics show eyebrows in a certain way, I won't use them. If the lower lashes are done in a certain style, that's a nope for me. If the artist tends to use what I feel is a lot of pink, nope. And then the artist needs to be able to work with my somewhat sketchy physical details of what I want because I'm face-blind and can't really describe HOW I want the face-up done because I can't visualize it but I can describe the personality and vibe of the character expertly. So when I find somebody who hits all the marks, I will use them to death for my guys and praise them to everybody.

11. You won't hear me complaining about more Michael spam. :love

12. Nor me. :D

13. Go go go! I like Michael spam too!

14. It's only recently that my poor Michael had finally come into his own, because my girls tend to get preferential treatment (it's a guilty secret). Community quarantine certainly gave me all the time to look back at how much he has progressed through the years.

Sure, now he looks like this:

[​IMG]
      True Lion 05
      by Yela Gatchalian-David, on Flickr

But, three years ago, he didn't look nearly as good (he'll probably kill me in my sleep for digging out this photo):

15. Honestly? I still take photos of my peeps from time to time like your blast from the past, and I really have no excuse since at this point photography has been one of my main hobbies for 20 years:eek: (in my defense, our apartment has the absolute worst lighting and a serious shortage of outlets for portable lighting solutions)

16. @AntarelNefertili - My photography hasn't really improved in the last six years or so...with the exception of the odd camera upgrade... phone camera that is. That said, it all takes time. I adore how he's looking, though he still looked pretty good back then too. :)

@Girrl - We just moved into a new house, and while the lighting is better, there is a distinct lack of power points. Bah. :sigh

17. I live in an apartment with sucktacular lighting, too. It's of an older vintage as well so the available outlets are... stingy is a good term. Some are oddly located, too.

18. Our apartment is usually dim, except for certain areas (and at certain times only). A lot of my photos were taken in one such area, and require a deadline before the fading light simply means it's time to call it a day. ^_^' Oh, and the Michael sculpt has pretty tricky eyebrow ridges -- it has a tendency to shadow the eyes like crazy. Having a faceup with less shadow around the eyes significantly helped.

Artificial lighting, though, that's another story. I haven't quite gotten the hang of it yet, with the effect of sometimes turning the doll's skin tone into a vivid shade of YELLOW on-camera because of wrong settings.

19. I have a lot of dolls in non-human colours and my camera tries to "correct" this all the time. Especially if I'm taking a shot where one doll is say grey and another is green. Neither doll come out their true colour *sigh*. I tend to take most photos in the same place in my apartment because it's the only place with semi-decent light. But, I can only do that during certain times of the day and if it's a weekday, I'm at work when those times occur so the weekends are my only good times. If it happens to rain on the weekend....

20. Ughhhh I feel you there. I know a couple of my older dolls are yellowed a little, but artificial light and my camera makes them look like they jumped into a bucket of bright yellow paint. :sigh Always makes me wonder what other people think when they see my photos. Do they think my dolls are just THAT yellow? :sorry