1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

☆~~ Granado Doll Discussion Part 18 ~~☆

Oct 22, 2019

1. I actually incorporated the yellowness of Edenlei (Unidoll UH-08 Elf) into his character. I describe his skin tone as being the colour of pure gold. Unidoll "normal" was fairly yellow to start with and they were made waaaay back in the day before companies started putting in UV protection to help slow the mellowing. He's completely even in colouring but he's definitely got some unique colour happening. Kathiel (Unidoll Ark) is "WS" but he's definitely not white (unless you're being very generous) even when compared to some of my similar age guys who are WS.

I'm glad I don't need to worry about that with Liroshan as he's grey. I just hope the purple undertones to his resin (which I love) don't fade over time. But, my camera does try to "correct" his skin tone regardless of lighting, which is it's own annoyance.

2. I got a decent camera and a photo light, and my pictures still suck. So I guess it's operator error. *_*

3. Really it could be any combination of things. :huh?: Some days my photos look great, other days they're terrible.

4. Photography is art and even at the best of times, producing art is hard work. Sometimes it turns out how you wanted. Sometimes it makes you want to throw things because it just refuses to cooperate. Sometimes its not at all what you were trying for but it turned out beautiful despite your efforts.

5. I thought I'd do a drive-by of my boy now that I have him mostly situated. I think mine may be one of the few (only?) Granado Claudes in the hobby. He came on the Supermodel body, but I've put him on a Volks Graffiti instead. The Supermodel just didn't work for what I wanted.

I'm so, so happy I was able to get him.

[​IMG]

6. @mosaicwolf - Very cool colour scheme, love the wig. Where did you get those awesome dark green eyes?

7. He's a character doll, Deku from My Hero Academia. :)

The eyes are custom Enchanted Doll. I've had really good luck getting customs through them.

8. Did you send them a colour sample? Are they custom sweety or ED or completely separate type?

9. Nope, they're 18mm small iris Sweety #25 with a #44 rim.

10. Thank you! Those green colours look so cool.

11. @mosaicwolf - Aww, he's cute! :D Would you be able to share some photos of the supermodel body if you still have it?

12. Does anyone have the Zen jointed hands?

13. I'm waiting for mine to be shipped, they asked to make sure my address was correct but I haven't gotten a shipping notice yet.

14. Cool! Please share photos when you get them. :)

15. Yes definitely share photos! Apparently those hands can be made compatible with the Embody/Evol and I'm super curious about how in-proportion they look.

16. Yes, I will do a bunch of comparison photos when they arrive. I have no idea who they will fit.

17. Still absolutely no movement on my poor Raguel head that shipped 3/28. The first head was sent to Hawaii by mistake end of last year. I didn't find out till March. This one is the second head. I'm going to throw a party when he comes!

#177 Mahgiep, Apr 19, 2020
      Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    18. @mosaicwolf I love his sweet, slight wistful expression. :D

19. Ahhh, the owners/proprietors of the Pub, Nox and Drake.
      [​IMG]Night lights by SteamWitch, on Flickr

Still no tracking numbers for my jointed hands.

20. Good to see the guys, and that awesome pub set. :love