1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

1/3 scale swords

Jan 17, 2007

1. I was going to mention them, but I thought the price might be a bit prohibitive (depending on the model) due to their increasing rarity. I have two because my dad maintains a LoTR shrine in the house :D but I have no doll yet to show proportion. Narsil is about 30cm long total, if that helps. :)

They are very well made, however. :)

~Anrui

2. Thanks for the awesome links! All those little swords look fantastic! Now I have to decide wich one to get.

3. Wow, thank you so much for the links! ^__^ The swords are pretty well made from what I can see.

4. Awesome. I'm gonna have to think about getting one for my incoming doll.

5. Coolness! If you have the time, could you take a picture of your swords next to a ruler or measuring tape, plus something else to compare for scaling (such as a Hershey Kiss)? Thanks in advance, dude. :)

6. Has anyone seen a sword that's large enough to serve as a two hander for a 64cm doll? Like claymore sized (think Braveheart).

7. Wow, thanks for sharing! The Kit Rae miniature swords are 1/4th scale according to one of the sites, but they're good enough for SDs if it's over 7" in blade length, and it'd make one of your MSDs look menacing too! :)

8. I think one of the larger blades in the sites we mentioned might be to your specifications.

Also, I found this website when Google-ing "miniature claymore". Google is our friend. ;)

9. I've been looking, but I don't see any that are larger than 30cm, blade and hilt, which means they'll come up to about his waist if set with the point on the floor. I want one that's long enough that the pommel will come up to his chin. :)
      Like this.

10. Ah, something taller than 30cm, then! I'll look out for something that long, and if ever I do find it, I'll post it here. :)

11. I have contemplated the LotR mini swords as well. I had not realized some of them were 1/5th :doh . Hmm Striders 1/5th sword is still longer than most of the other mini swords from the other site. I guess whatever sword I end up getting will be a short sword to my doll. Unless I can find one that is a bit bigger.

I would have gotten a full sized Strider sword a long time ago, but there is something just wrong about a full sized sword without an edge to the blade. Why wont they let me have a real one? :(

12. Haihai....here you go:

[​IMG]

I hope this helps!

This should be, if I remember correctly, Narsil on top, and the Sword of the Witchking on the bottom. The hilt is a good bit bigger on the Witchking's sword, making it possibly a bit more suitable for two-handed wielding.

:)

~Anrui

13. I am a huge sucker for sword. ^_^; as such, it's only appropriate I get some for my boy too...eventually. I would have to get a katana first, because that's what I use. :)

14. Thanks much for the pictures, Anrui Ukimi! I definitely believe those swords will be good for SDs, given their lengths. The detail looks very good, too!

15. Nice swords!I'd like to have one!

Does the handle fit the hand?

16. I'd love to tell you whether the swords fit, but I don't have my Namu yet. My Juri is just a head. XD I'll be happy to check once my boy gets here, though. :)

~Anrui

PS: The swords were intended as collectables, and thus are very well made. The Sindarin is even laser etched in into Narsil's blade. :) Narsil is shockingly heavy, considering its size. XD (Not heavy in general, but heavy for what you would expect. :) )

17. I'm looking for 1/4 sized rapiers or the slightly earlier court swords.

Needing two different rapiers, if at all possible, because Lorenzo and Melchior fight using different styles, as well as not having the same personal styles.
      (They're OrientDoll Tae and Il.)

So if anyone happens to see one . . . . :chibi:

Ann in CT

18. I actually have a 6.75" rapier (it's an old letter opener) but it's over 20 years old and I haven't the blazes where it was purchased. If I find something, however, I'll pass it along. :)

~Anrui

Edit: I just found this on EBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nautical-Rapier...oryZ1552QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It's only 7.25" long, making it one of the smallest I've ever seen. I don't know about the quality, but it might be a possibility. :)

Edit 1.5: Not the same design, but this is the type of letter opener I have (6.5 inches)
      http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Miniatu...0QQihZ018QQcategoryZ20272QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Edit 2: I may be entirely reading this wrong, or perhaps the info is wrong, but if this is true, here is a Big sword for a doll (19 inches?!) :

http://cgi.ebay.com/House-of-Flying...2QQihZ011QQcategoryZ43337QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

15 inch Sting:

http://cgi.ebay.com/15-hobbit-Fanta...8QQihZ016QQcategoryZ88903QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

19. Yeah, I saw this sword too... but isn't 19 inches a tad too long for our kind of ABJD? I'm thinking the ones that can carry this size of blade are those large (and expensive) custom dolls that are like, 3 feet tall. ;)