1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

1/3 scale swords

Jan 17, 2007

1. Unless you are going for one of those ridiculously large swords for a reason. :D

2. True true... the only thing that gets in the way is that these larger blades have handles that are too big for BJD hands (even the wide open ones) to hold. I guess some modification of the handles could be done, if you have the means. :)

3. I found a 9 inches sword at home and let my son try,it's handle is fit.
      For 60CM SD 9 inches long is perfect,12 inches when they hold in their hand will touch the ground.
      For 70 CM doll 10-12 inches is fit,9 inches also ok but look a little bit short.

4. Thanks for the suggestions! Oh, could I bother you for pictures of your boy holding the 9-inch sword (full body shot)? It would give us all an idea of the proportionality of the blade to the body. Thanks in advance! :)

5. Wow, these are really pretty. o_o And... Decently priced, too. <3

6. I borrow my camera to my friend...I will take some photo when it's back.
      Maybe next week.

7. Thanks! :)

8. Yay! Mikel is here, so I was able to take some new photos. :)

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Here you go! :D

~Anrui

9. Awesome, thanks Anrui Ukimi! The sword looks pretty good, and properly sized too! By the way, your Mikel's got nice dainty hands. :)

10. Dainty? ^^;

Poor boy. He's eternally going to be called girly. XD

You are welcome on the pictures. I was happy with the proportion myself. :)

~Anrui

11. Hahaha, I swear, those hands belong to a girl! You should see some of the more "macho" male hands, particularly those on certain male CP delfs. :sweat

12. [​IMG]
      Miniature katana as compared to a Nokia N70

[​IMG]
      Seionai holding the katana

[​IMG]
      Handle fits her hands well enough

[​IMG]
      Sword has proper length in proportion to Seionai

[​IMG]
      Photo shoot over, time to SMS some friends! :sweat

13. I've got MG11 and MG13 a couple of weeks back and they fit really snug on the doll hands. The MG13, Japanese Katana fits really well with Dollfie Hands SD-H-05. If you want a photo, I can place one here tomorrow. The MG11, Spanish sword, you can use the guard on the handle to wrap around the hand. I use it on my DD(soft hands). Pix will be up tomorrow. I intend to sell a couple of these swords on e-bay soon.

14. Please do. :)

15. Hmm I like the swords a lot,but I really have to save money but I hope in the future there'll come a sword ;) I like all the other stuff also on those websites!

16. I'll be doing a group order shortly directly from the manufactuerer for these as well as scabbarded swords in about 4-6 weeks. Having seen some of these in person I know that there are a few that won't work with SDs, similarly there are some that will or will not work with MSDs

I did have some of them (though they sold out within a few days) and may still have pictures kicking around

17. I can't seem to send the attachment with the posting? Hmmm

18. *_* I might be stupid but what's the difference between a letter opener and a miniature sword?

19. The scale of the prop makes the difference. It looks more realistic. Most letter openers have too large a handle with short blades that make it look bulky. The handles are meant for human hands and not the smaller SD hands.;)