1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

1/3 scale swords

Jan 17, 2007

1. I agree, Rillystar has a good line on some excellent swords. I have one of the scimitars and it's a good scale. She had a lot of other styles before, too.

I purchased a couple of flintlock pistols from featherfall.ca, and they fit perfectly into SD17 Reisner's hands, but they're harder to get to stay in my Volks SD13 boys' hands. I think they might be cap guns. I love them though, and I wish I could get more, but they're all out at featherfall.

EDIT: You might want to pop into Denny's accessory thread and vote for flintlock pistols and any other hard-to-find accessories you're looking for. His shop is taking ideas.

2. My Boy is 60cm (I believe so anyway...). I really do not know about the difference in sizes of the different brands as I am rather new to the doll scene

The type of sword I am looking for is something along the lines of a British Royal Navy Officers sword, from about 1790-1815, so Georgian/Napoleonic. Preferably Georgian, with a scabbard and metal would be also preferable but not essential.

For the Flintlock, I am also seeking something of a British Royal Navy Officer, of the same time as the sword, as it is for one outfit.

Thanks ^^

3. The flintlock may be a little more difficult to find something decently made and halfway accurate to what you're looking for you might want to try looking around for modelers or garage kits but that's hit or miss as most kits are a lot smaller.

the swords I had been selling earlier..I don't have a picture left of the exact one but it was somewhat similar to this (except it was an officer's sword so the bottom of the sheath was more decorative and didn't end in a point or ball tip, and the hilt and hand guard were also much mroe in line with an officer's weapon)

[​IMG]

Now I believe it came with or without a sheath. I can get them again since they sold out pretty fast but wasn't planning on ordering until the new year. You can try Pupa (I tried to check for you but the site seems to be down) as they have some limited styles that might work for you. They may also be able to get flint locks but that I'm really not sure about. I could possibly ask the peeps I order from if they know where to get one but last time I inquired they weren't sure anyone made them (at least to the standard I wanted them in)

4. Cooool their Scale mails are very cool!
      I don't like the swords I think they would be to short for a 70cm BJD

5. I talked to Uneide and the flintlocks are sold out and she doesn't know when she can get any in. I was lucky and got one XD

As for 70 cm boy swords depending on how particular you are they can work (I'm a picky girl though) there are some that do work and some that either are out of scale for the grip or too short. But if you do have a 60 cm boy then it should work with most. If you let us know what kind of doll (brand e.g. Delf Senior, DoT, IH etc) I can likely find you the right size...

6. Sorry for using this thread for my question.

I am looking for a sword fit for a dark elf

My doll is Quinn from Dollzone.

Height: 70cm Head size: 24cm
      Neck size: 11cm Shoulder width: 16cm
      Arms length: 19cm Breast size: 26cm
      Waist size: 20.5cm Hip size: 27.8cm
      Back length: 16cm Thigh width: 16cm
      foot length: 8.8cm leg length:35cm
      And he has very large hands.

[​IMG]

7. it's doable, but you have to think first, does it need to have a sheath? If not you have a wider range of choices. Are you looking for a fancier style sword? fantasy? European? Asian?

70 cms are a tad harder but not impossible to find weaponry for....I think I still have a couple of fantasy swords kicking around for that size.

8. I was hoping I could find a metal sword for my Hound, perferably a rapier style with a decorative basket. The blade could be straight or curved, I don't quite have a preference, but a thin blade width-wise would be great. Maybe with a scabbard?

I hope I'm not being too picky! :sweat But Michael would really like his lieutenant's sword and I don't know where to find it...

9. I do like that one in the picture

My doll is a Soome Gem Namu and the info sheet says that he is 60cms.
      Its a pity about the flintlocks, they would make the outfit complete. But a Sword is just as good.

thanks

-Ali

10. I'm not sure if I'm putting this in the right place, if I'm not could the mods please move it?
      Thank you. :sweat

But I've looked and looked and just can't seem to find any information, I'm looking for a good proportioned sized katana (Japanese sword) for SD and Senior Delf sized dolls…I know Pupa Paradise used to carry some nice ones…but they don’t any more and I can’t seem to find a place that does.

Can anyone help me out?

Thank you!

11. Have you seen the sword on the Volks USA website? It's in the SD section under Dollfie Dream accessories.

12. No, I had not even thought of looking there! Thank you so much!!

Any others? Maybe in different colors and or styles?

13. Oh...but I do see these kits down at the bottom here but I don't figure what size they for....wonder if its just for the little dollfies?

14. If those were SD size I would so want one! But I have a feeling that they would be out of scale since it's cheaper than the sword I mentioned by itself. Also, it sounds like the swords might not even be able to be removed from its scabbards if it's just a model kit.

Edited to add: I too would love to hear more about these from someone who knows more about them.

Second edit: grammar

15. Under Dollfie Dream Accessories there's another katana. Hope that helps!

16. Yeah that's this one, right? I think that's the one Violent_Noir mentioned first....
      Thanks guys!

Maybe somone knows of others?

17. Search on Ebay under "miniature swords" in "all categories." You'll get all sorts of results, including some katanas. Most are actually letter-openers & most sellers give the measurements so just measure how long the sword needs to be & look for that. I've gotten a number of SD sized swords this way.

18. Scale is very important to me. For proper 1/3 scale Katana the blade should be about 10 inches and the handle should be about 3 inches. Total sword length should be around 13 inches. From the little searching I've done I haven't seen many that measure up. Most that Most letter openers are a bit small. Those that are big enough might be too heavy. Ones made specifically for dolls are probably the few that are light enough. The Volks Dollfie Dream ones looks a little small in the photos.

I saw something that was about the right size in Little Tokyo the other day for fairly cheap, but I didn't like the handle or saya design. Probably a bit heavy too.

Maybe I'm too picky ;) I might just have to learn metallurgy and make my own. I've got plans to make my own Bokuto.

19. i want to buy my sd boy a sword from dollmore..i have two questions..how do i make him hold the sword in a proper way (with one hand)? and does anyone know where i can buy "swordholders" so that he can carry the sword on the back? i thought thats a cool idea :)