1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

1/3 Telesthesia Dolls

Mar 3, 2016

1. For those who own the female body, can she fit SD size clothes or she closer to SID/EID size?

thanks! :)

2. Which SD body are you asking about? I have the 65cm body with the large bust, and she's just a little slimmer than SID, but can fit some SID clothing. I have a large SD skirt on her, and a SID corset. If you need pictures of different sized clothes on her, just let me know!

3. Yes that one, I would like some pictures if you can. :)

4. Well I just placed an order with AC for Xunyichao, 65cm Telesthesia Girl in tan skin, face-up and high heel feet. I’m in for a long wait according to the what I’ve read in the waiting room so I think I will be seeing her next year. :sweat:sweat:sweat:sweat

5. Congrats on the order! Yeah, you're in it for the long haul, but she'll be totally worth it!

Sorry for not having done the pictures yet, life has been a roller coaster here...

6. Thank you! No worries! With all the craziness that’s going on, it’s definitely not a priority. Your doll is what inspired me to order from TD and the tan skin! :3nodding:

7. Congrats! He's really pretty in normal skin! I'm so happy you have him! Hopefully soon I'll get mine! Also for Images. Use Imgur. Its really solid for photos.

8. Thank you so much ♡♡ The skin tone is very nice indeed! It's quite fair, but still a lovely shade ^^ I hope you get yours really soon as well!! I'm so excited to see your boy myself >w< And thank you for the Imgur tip! I'll be using that next time for sure ^__^

9. Thank you •^_^•

10. Elyra swapped wigs with a doll of mine that is OT for this thread. So now she has long hair!

I also didn't really like how the wig sat at first, but then I braided it, and now I love it on her
      [​IMG]
      I love that the braids hide her human ears

11. I’m loving this look on her! That tan is lovely! I still can’t believe this is the same sculpt, the face up TD gave her did absolutely no justice at all! She is definitely on my wishlist.

12. Thank you! I took a chance on her, and I'm glad I did. The tan is gorgeous in person.

13. I have a newbie question for all you experienced TD owners ^^; As you might have read, I literally just received my guy. I've only handled him very lightly so far (dressing him up in an outfit, sitting him down in a regular sitting position or laying him flat - no crazy posing so far or heavily carrying him around xD)

I did notice though that he already has some pretty intense wear around his joints and also on top of his thighs (top two photos below) It's basically everywhere that resin is rubbing against resin that it leaves shiny marks (I wouldn't even say deep scratches). There's also a teeny weeny chip on the buttom of his torso, where I didn't even move him yet (bottom photo).

As this is my first full doll, I literally have no comparison doll body to say if this is normal or not. Is this how resin usually works? Or is TD's resin particularily delicate?

I'm not terribly bothered by it so far, as I'm the type that does like to interact with their dolls, so I guess they will all show signs of wear at some point. But it's just making me a bit hesitant right now to handle him because I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong >.< Any input would be very much appreciated~

[​IMG]

14. I don't own a Telesthesia doll or body (yet?) but I own a few BJD from other companies, for quite a few years now, so I can safely say that it is common to see wear at the joints. You are not doing anything wrong, so don't worry. It seems like the hip socket for the thigh joint is very tight on the body you have there, so that's probably why you're seeing friction marks on the upper thigh so soon. There are some silicone discs used to aid in posing, but maybe they'll help in softening the hard resin rubbing against another part. However, considering how tight that socket looks, I'm not sure it will make it harder to move/pose the leg. The silicone discs might help on the upper-hip joint where it meets with the mid-torso. You might want to lightly sand the chipped area, so that it doesn't get bigger with constant friction. Good luck. (:

15. @Enzyme Thank you so much for your comment! It's really helpful! Since I don't any other full dolls yet, it's so hard for me to tell if he's strung too tight ×_× Guess I will only learn by more experience I gain ^^;

Would you have any recommendation on what kind of sanding paper to use for sanding? And is there anything I will have to pay attention to in order not to damage the affected part? Please excuse all these questions >.<

16. No problem, I am glad to be able to help people, whenever I am able to. (:

I would suggest to start with the highest grit/fine sand paper first (like 600 and finish with something much higher like 1000), and definitely use one that is waterproof, so you can sand the piece underwater for safety. You don't want resin dust flying everywhere, and wear a dust mask as well. You can usually tell if a doll is too tight if it makes a lot of squeaky sounds, or feels super tight when you're trying to pose them. However, some people like their dolls to be tighter and some like them looser, because of posing working best if they are tighter but not too tight. It depends, but as long as there's no damage left it shouldn't really be a problem. I would suggest to check inside the hip joint for areas that maybe too sharp inside the hip joint and sand those smooth or flush to the rest if there are any -- unless they are locking pieces, but they still shouldn't be sharp. "Sueding" that area with either silicone discs or moleskin should also help prevent further damage, because there will be no more rubbing of resin against resin, the "sueding" piece would act as a cushion. I never used any of those on my own dolls because I don't play or pose them that much to need added support but I have sanded chips on knees and elbows. I don't know which brands to recommend for sueding, but I have hear people making their own silicone pieces out of hot glue -- and I'm guessing moleskin can be found anywhere (don't know if it's called that everywhere, but it's like a cotton fabric with adhesive usually used as bandages). You can also ask in the Customization and Maintenance section, if you're still unsure about something. There's always people willing to help over there, and probably more knowledgeable than me when it comes to sueding. Hope that helps. (:

17. I was going to suggest sueding, it will act like a barrier btw the joints and it will soften the rubbing.

18. Thank you all for your recommendations! He is indeed rather squeaky but he poses so nicely, that I thought it was fine >.<;;

I'm super scared to restring him since I obviously have no idea about it but I guess that'll be the best thing to do and also add silicone discs or sueding while I'm at it ^^ Agh, I'm scared xD