1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

1/3 Telesthesia Dolls

Mar 3, 2016

1. Thank you!! Rong You is so beautiful. But I'm curious how he looks like on a 68 cm body? I got the 62 cm Xiao Bei, so you can imagine his head is even smaller. I feel like the 68 head on a 62 cm body would be perfect!!! But I'm also a bit influenced by my first BJD doll who has a bigger head and overall slightly different proportions. If TD was my first, I probably be surprised by a bigger head lol

2. Looking forward to seeing photos as a fellow Xiao Bei owner!! Shipping time was quick as well for me, and yeah I got a faceup that looks nothing like the photos. However, I don't find the head to be terribly small! And I got the 62cm head on the 68cm body! I have more photos of him and his body on my instagram @forestbjd if that helps too!

3. I can help with the 68 cm body :) Seeing my Rong You like this, there's nothing that look wrong with the head and body proportions, other than the head still look wrong because the body is so muscular and masculine, while the head is is completely the opposite of that. It just look a bit odd I think :sweat

[​IMG]Thelesthesia & Dragon Rong You by
      ManabuLi010, on Flickr

But when he's in his hanfu outfit he feels like a tower to me :sweat

Rong You

I'm also used to a bit larger heads. I also started out with a really large head back in the beginning of my hobby. A Dream of Doll, DOI - Luke. But most of all with Rong you, he were meant to be a smaller built character the size that you bougt your doll in. I just did not think I could order Rong You on a smaller body, and I wanted him even if it meant having to get him a smaller body later!

#523 manabusama, Sep 22, 2022
      Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
    4. I fell in love with one of the older (and smaller) telethesia boy dolls, Alcate and am currently in the process of saving up to buy him before Oct 31.
      I can’t seem to find any photos other than hishis stock ones and searching here Didn’t turn up anything. Can anyone help?

5. Does anyone have a doll in Dark Tan? I've seen the option and wonder what it looks like!

6. Coming back with the makeup close up photos! (Poor guy also managed to take a little fall after I took these and sustained some layering damage on his nose. I'm in the process of fixing it because it wasn't too bad, but still went through all stages of grief...lesson learned). Either way, here you go:

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

7. For those of you with the 62/68 cm Xiao Bei, in pictures it looks like his mouth is slightly open--does he have teeth showing or not? I can't quite tell from any of the pictures i see of him, either painted or blank ><

8. No teeth showing! Here's a pic of mine which is the 62cm Xiao Bei head on the 68cm body! He also has the supposed "company faceup" which looks drastically different from the promos. This is his wig from the promos as well!

[​IMG]

9. Thanks, that's helpful! I'm trying to decide if the sculpt is right for a character I want to shell

10. I wasn't supposed to take pics of this doll until the faceup is done, but my self-control went out the window when I saw the result of a trial styling. Sculpt is Xiao Bei (Age of 21 version), on the LoongSoul B-B73-02 body. I was worried the hybrid would not work out, but surprisingly, the fit/mobility was good, and the proportions were even better than the rather petite LS ZhuZhao head that's sharing the body.

[​IMG]
      Adhara Genderbender Reveal
      by Yela Gatchalian-David, on Flickr

(Xiao Bei is going to be the genderbender version of my primary female doll.)

11. That is an incredible sculpt :love It is actually much appreciated to see unpainted faces. I always want to know what a face sculpt actually look like underneat all that paint in the official images, before deciding to buy a doll myself. They look so realistic while unpainted, and you get to see the sculpted details more clearly. A blank face gives room for imagination, so I always like these blank face images :3nodding:

12. He's lovely. Thanks for this, I recently discovered that T&D will sell heads only with face ups, and I too ordered Xiao Bei-21. In my case I am interested in putting him on a female Iplehouse SiD body, not sure if the proportions will be right.

13. @manabusama I have to agree, there are some things you'd only notice if the sculpt is blank. And Xiao Bei-21 is really nice-looking even if unpainted! The sculpting on his teeth is really detailed too, although the faceup artist may be in for a challenge to get those tiny sections properly painted.

@Ardent I have a female Iplehouse SID that is due to arrive in a month or two, but I do have other similarly proportioned female bodies (specifically the Impldoll Starwoman MGB). The neck measurements differ from Iplehouse's, but would you like me to try putting Xiao Bei on the Impldoll Starwoman MGB just to see how it may look?

14. If you have the time that would be suuuuper kind of you! ❤️

15. @Ardent Here ya go!

[​IMG]
      T&D Xiao Bei-21 on the Starwoman MGB (short-shoulder ed)
      by Yela Gatchalian-David, on Flickr

Some notes:
      - On the Impldoll Starwoman MGB, Xiao Bei-21 stands at 66cm on flat feet. If you smack on the heeled feet and add killer heels (like the one my Iplehouse Scarlet hybrid is using on the right), you could potentially reach 71cm height.
      - The Impldoll body has 9cm neck circumference (Xiao Bei-21 has REALLY good mobility on it), but Iplehouse bodies have mushroom necks, so an SID/T&D hybrid may need subtractive modding on the body to work.
      - Shoulder width is 14cm -- Xiao Bei-21 looks proportionate on that width. The SID has shorter shoulders, so dunno if the EID woman would be a better fit in that regard.

#535 AntarelNefertili, Dec 15, 2022
      Last edited: Dec 15, 2022
    16. I love the TD sculpts and have been debating maybe adding another to my collection once I get the dolls on my definitely-to-buy list. I currently have 3 full TD Dolls and 2 hybrids. 2 FeiHuaDeng girls named Willow and Zaria, 1 Long TianQi named Drow, 1 Cheng named Mort (from before Telesthesia merged with Dragondoll) on an IoS Class80 body, and a TD 60cm girl body hybrid with a DiM Bellosse head named Celine.

I really need to take more pictures of Drow and Mort, Mort has been in my collection the longest as I got him from The Junky Spot black friday sale back in 2011. He was old stock from 2009 according to his CoA, I barely paid $300 for him back then with faceup. I wiped the faceup pretty quickly as it kinda made him look like a Vulcan drag queen. Nothing against Vulcans, Drag Queens, or even Vulcan drag queens, but Mort simply isn't one. If anyone would like to see an old picture of him, just let me know, I should be able to dig one up!

17. Wow, thank you SO much! I think he/she looks fantastic, very proportional to me. Possibly the SID body will be too small or the neck will not work. He says he is for a 10.5 cm neck so I was hopeful. I do have other, larger or taller female bodies to work with, I am particularly thinking about the Classy65F body that should ship from IOS in the next few months. We shall see.. thank you again!

18. *scuttles in* Hi I was wondering if anyone has the YanXi 68cm boy ideally with his face-up? I'm also curious if they would body blush him like the promo pictures because those tattoos are so cool.

19. Has anyone had experience with their Taobao store or through the 甜酒 dealer? I've been eyeing one of their dolls for a few months now and the sculpt that I want is only available at certain times through their official store but the listing is always available through their dealer. The price is also lower through their dealer, but I'm beginning to feel a little uneasy about the discrepancy in availability and prices, even if the dealer is very reputable.

20. You're welcome, and just a quick note: the LoongSoul body that my Xiao Bei-21 will be using has 10.5cm neck circumference and it still works a treat. What I was worried about Iplehouse is the shape of the neck (which makes them rather tricky to hybrid), but he may be able to use it, provided he is not bobble-headed on the SID.