1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

1 Piece, 2 Piece High, 2 Piece Low, or 3 Piece Torso, which do you Prefer?

Jun 4, 2008

?
  1. One Piece Torso

2. Two Piece High Torso (Ribs joint)

3. Two Piece Low Torso (Hip Joint)

4. Three Piece Torso

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. I definitely prefer a two-piece torso over a three-piece, and hip joints over high joints... but that later preference is based almost entirely on what I'm used to working with. (I have a horde of CP Delfs and MiniFees and most of them have the lower hip joints-) I know their balance points and construction better, so I know how to pose them more effectively. I've never spent any time handling one-piece torsos, so I can't say much about them.

Three-part torsos *are* good for slouching poses, but I hate the Dollshe "belly pop" and the FD bod's tendency to go into the slouch when you're trying to stand the doll. In my experience, that "extra mobility" in certain circumstances comes at the cost of the bods being more of a pain in the rump to work with over-all. :|

2. Which type of Body type do you prefer? I always liked the way three piece joints looked, though I own a doll with 2 piece high torso. I think I would prefer a three piece jointed doll, however (nobody could make me replace the one I have though. Too attached)
      For what reasons? Aesthetic, mobility, simple preference. To me, they are aesthetically pleasing, though I'm sure a lot of people would complain they have 'ugly' joints. I suppose this can be qualified for my love of the un-norm, but regardless, despite looks they're so poseable! When I get a doll that is supposed to be poseable, I want to be able to use all sorts of weird poses that will actually work, instead of just a few. I don't like that limitation. However, I don't think him slouching forward would work as well than with a 2 piece high jointed doll.
      What do you feel are the pros and cons of each type? Well, to some, looks. The low 2 piece torso, to me, is pretty bleck. I really really don't like it, at all. It doesn't look very moveable at all, and seems to have the most restriction than with a one piece torso. Which, also, if you're going to get a BJD, I don't see the point in getting a 1 piece torso, because what you were going for was poseability, right? Though I can see flaws in a 3 piece torso, in terms of slouching, though in all honesty unless I have one I can't really be too sure, can I? And the 2 piece high torso (at least on mine) is very nice and smooth and poseable enough, but I can't help but wonder what other poses he could do if he had an extra piece.

3. Which type of Body type do you prefer?

2-piece high~

For what reasons? Aesthetic, mobility, simple preference.

Aesthetics.........my FAVORITE body area is the...hips/stomach area and I love low rise pants and skirts on my resins.....I can't stand having a joint ruining that perfect space for me.

What do you feel are the pros and cons of each type?

I'm sure the 3-piece poses better, but when I am looking at dolls they body has to be split high or has to be compatible with one that does....

4. I wouldn't like a one piece because I like poseability, I have two pieces, but my fave is the three piece which is what Mae (ED Sooah) is, and I looooooove her poseability so much!

5. I like the two piece high because it roughly follows where your ribcage would be. It seems like a natural point of flexibility. The only three piece torso doll I have is rather floppy. She is tiny, though.

6. Which type of Body type do you prefer?
      Girl: A one piece solid
      Boy: Either one or two.
      For what reasons? Aesthetic, mobility, simple preference.
      Girl: Aesthetic. I like the girls who are a little bit bigger, I think they're adorable
      Boy: Nothing really....
      What do you feel are the pros and cons of each type?
      .... I don't know.

7. Which type of Body type do you prefer? Two-piece high-joint for girls, three-piece for boys.

For what reasons? What do you feel are the pros and cons of each type? Kind of a compromise between aesthetics and mobility, really. The mobility of the three-piece torso is great (love the ability to slouch!), but I'm really not fond of the look of the "underwear joint", or that lower torso joint. It bothers me more on my girls, because they're more likely to show their midriff or wear low-slung pants/skirts. I think it interrupts the curves of the body taking nude shots as well... and I take more nudes of my girls than my boys. (Personal preference, I just love those womanly curves!)
      [/quote]

8. All I know is that I hate CP torsos. -.-;; I think that counts as a 2 piece low, with the waist joint. He just flops over, no balance, and it really leaves a lot to be desired in the posing department. Quincy, on the other hand, has an AoD three piece torso, and he can pose much better. I love his cute little slouch. <3

9. The doll that i want to get has a choice of bodies, one having a two-part torso and the other with a solid torso.

so i was wondering what you guys thought about the two types.

or does it matter in terms of how you can pose them.

thanks.

10. It's really just a matter of personal preference, whether you want the added poseability of a joint, or the clean look of no joint.

11. I find that the dolls with the torso joint are a bit easier to stand and balance, because you can shift the weight of the upper half of the doll.

But the one-piece torso looks nicer in photos <3

Depends on what you're looking for in a doll. ^-^

12. I really love having dolls with the torso joint in them - it makes it much more easy to pose them, especially when they're standing. :)

13. I have dolls with both and I will tell you I much prefer the two I have with jointed torsos over the one that doesn't. It's frustrating trying to pose the solid torso doll as she doesn't like to sit or stand or much of anything unless I have her against something. So it's all personal choice and my choice is the ones with the jointed torso.

14. I prefer dolls with three-piece torsos (two joints in torso), but I can live with a two-piece torso (just one joint). The only instance in which I'd own a doll with a solid (no joint) torso is if it was a tiny tiny (like my ReiTenshi or little Orientdoll) or if I was going to mod it in such a way that a single piece torso was required (like my Oracle doll).

15. yes and no.
      My DZ Wing is great to pose with his joint toso. I can make him curl up and he looks so damn adorable.

On the other hand the stupid belly off my dollshe bernard keeps popping out like no tomorrow. I dont know what to do to stop it from doing that. -_-

16. its really personal preference as people have said. I rather like the torso joint because it adds a bit of poseability to the body itself. They can slouch forward or arch back or even tilt to the side a bit. With a solid body you are stuck with that position period. If you want to do a lot of body shots and want that clean look of no joint or the doll will be more show then that might be the way to go, but if you want the most posing then I'd suggest the jointed body. hope that helps and good luck

17. I like torso joins... maybe naked they don't look so good, but their poses look more realistic.

18. No. I absolutely can't stand owning a doll without the torso joint. It's one of the main joints that enables me to balance and pose dolls. It just feels un-natural without one.

19. It's personal preference. I find it easier to pose dolls with a torso joint--even if the torso joint doesn't get a ton of movement, being able to shift it just a little can make it much easier to find the doll's center of balance and get it to stand. I think it matters less with smaller dolls, though, when there just isn't as much resin to have to get in balance.

20. Personal choice AND depends on a doll. Which one are you after?