1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

100% Permanent Face-Ups and Body Blushing?

Oct 2, 2009

1. Body-Blushing yes, Face-Up depends.
      My doll Hans has a complete Body blushing with several scars and so on, and I really don't want to redo it D: And especially permanent blushing on the hands would be nice, it's so easy to damage it there >_>'

2. If there is a way/option to permanently seal face-ups and body blushing, sign me up.

I 'm the type of person who doesn't even have the desire to change eyes or hair, so I'd be all for maintaining face-ups... as long as the method is safe and would not damage the resin.

3. Eeeeeh...I would say no, for fear of the materials being used. I can't imagine something that permanently stains or colors the resin after casting couldn't have some sort of negative effect on it.

4. Oh yes permanent hand blushing would be a bonus.

5. I'd be all over this. My dolls are specific characters, and once the "look" is right, I would no more want to change them than I would want a human to change. The only question I have is if these sealants are true matte.

6. Nnnoooooooooooooo. Maybe if there was a really special circumstance, but the dolls I have now, I want to remain chameleons.

7. For my Shigure would love it as he has an awesome tattoo and would love for it to stay always, and his face up a year old now needs to be redone. I would so love it as well as a way to keep him from ever yellowing.

8. I would love it. I buy dolls intending to have them forever and based on their default face. Permanent would be awesome.

9. i like to change faceups too much to do any permanent on a face... maybe a body blushing would be cool. but i really don't mind fixing the body blushing or faceups at all.... i like that the dolls can change when i feel like...

10. In an ideal world this would be great. One of my dolls had a lovely faceup by an artist that do longer paints dolls, and it wore away eventually and had to be redone. I was very sad.

But I can't think of any material that could be used realisticaly for a permanent finish. What if the doll got a chip on the face or a littl bit like on the cheek did ware away, getting the rest of the faceup that's left off to reapint would be a nightmare and probably elave satins.

11. I don't think I would personally do it but I can see the appeal.

I would definitely be into making tattoos and other such body aesthetics permanent however. I love changing the face, but the body is something I don't think I would want to do more than once.

12. If I buy a specific doll for a specific persona, I may like to keep it permanent. I know the BBB Ariel I want will have white skin and blue faceup and body blush. I'd love to keep that permanent. Also, limited edition dolls might benefit from such available prospects.
      I'm not really comfortable with changing the doll how I like. I think I'd rather buy another doll.
      So all in all, permanent is the way to go for me.

13. If I could paint a faceup just the way I wanted it and have it remain that way forever I would love it. I could always try and buy another head if I wanted a different look.

14. I know a way I don't know if SheJackal means that but permanent can be if after painting the face up or do blushing cover the area with a colour sealant for dentures the transparent one ... it's totaly compatible with resin and permanent ... If you don't plan to change the face up is pretty nice idea ...
      You can make the doll another skintone and seal it with dentures sealant and it is permanent too ...
      I don't know if this is what you mean though , I didn't read all thread ... but I know those sealants are resin friendly
      dental opaquer (not the opaque ones but the transparent) = sealant for dentures (comes coloured/opaque or transparent for gloss or matt effect)
      ...and yes I like the idea of permanent painting ... I usually paint them very carefully and take my time sometimes tattoo them so when everything it's finished (I mean in every detail) I want it to last , permanent without messing the details is perfect for me , acrylic lasts very well even without more protection but pastels even with fixative are more sensitive ,I want my finished works to be as more permanent can be so I have to say I already thought and planned it ...

15. wow now I saw that ... interesting (I only knew about the dentures sealant) thanks for the extra info , thanks!!!
      :cake: :cake: :chocoheart :chocoheart

16. Hmm..permanent body blushing is something I would say very YES! to..I'm really hard on my kids blushing(just ask my blushing artist, she has to redo it every few months..XD). I might have to look into this..

17. I would definitely like them to be permanent. I love my dolls exactly the way they are and the thought of their faceup wearing away makes me kind of... eeegh, *shudder*. Mostly because I know I'd have a hard time accepting them with a different face now that I'm so used to them as they are, and if I couldn't find an artist that would recreate their original faceup, I'd be pretty irritated. Like has been said on here, the doll's face IS the doll to me, and since I'm unable to do my own faceups (or at least, it'd be pretty hard for me to - I live in a climate that, as far as I can tell, is just unsuited to MSC), I'd love to have them be permanent.

18. Pretty much, yeah! I only have one doll, but her faceup is absolutely gorgeous, even if it's only the "company" faceup--I consider it perfect for the character she's supposed to embody, and wouldn't ever want to change it.

That said, for my next doll, Mel... well, he's a far more changeable character, and I might want to experiment with different looks for him. I guess it depends on the doll.

Also, I wouldn't want to do a permanent faceup if the resin would still yellow/go green. I know you can diminish yellowing/greening on clean resin, but I doubt you could do the same with a "permanent" faceup.

19. dentures "sealant" (opaquer for resin dental works , notice: not for porcelain dentures for the resin ones) are permanent and resin friendly because if not, peoples fake teeth would change colour in days not years ... I don't know for floor sealants ... but for dentures opaquers i can say yes they are permanent
      ... and if you start to very hardly rub the doll with something and boil it to dye it and then sandpaper it , ehhhm of course then I can't guarantee it will be permanent *_*... (as for floor you walk every day on it for years)... but if you use the opaquer and you start to rub it truly hardly with something like sandpaper it will be probably half removed - half not... !!
      ...Ahhh sealant is a general term, for plastics compatible are fixatives different from varnishes which are big no for resin (both in artists stores) , the ones for resin dentures here called opaquers I can get them from a dentist I know or from related suppliers , I used the term sealant because everyone in forums does, in stores here none says the word sealant , anything called with a different name based in its composition , the term sealant is too general to give a clue...
      here in stores are p.e. fixatives , varnishes , opaquers etc ... if you say sealant in a store here they will not understand what you need... so I can't always understant when I read sealant , I have to see the components first to put it into one category... but its not everything the same for sure.

20. Hand, feet, and breast blushing. Yes, I would.

Anything else, no. As others have said, I'd be afraid of the long term effects on the resin. The hobby isn't old enough to know for sure, and getting new faceups is kind of fun.