1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

16 WEEKS since Masterpiece order- THEY FIXED IT!

Aug 22, 2006

1. I had bought a pair last September and was really excited to get them. Well, after 3 months I emailed them about my order. I got the "we got a large order..." excuse and was told my eyes would be sent in 7 days. I guess my single pair was not as important as a "larger order".
      Needless to say, when the eyes finally arrived, I was less than thrilled with them. They did not look as stunning as owner pics and they did not photograph well for me.

I will not deal directly with them again!

Lobelia

2. Last year I needed a pair of 8mm red eyes for a doll that was a Christmas present. I ordered them in September (_early_ September) through Audrey's dolls. After much annoyance (She was pestering Masterpeice on our behalf) I got them two days before Christmas....(I'm not too impressed with them. The "white" is very cloudy, and they looked...cheap. (Seriously, my doll with the $8 acrylic eyes looks better...)

Audrey won't deal with them anymore after that...

This year I did an order through Karin. I should have known better, but I _loved_ the colour green they had. After much fustration, I have them. Quality-wise, they're better...but the colour isn't even close to what it was on the website. After so much trouble I decided it just isn't worth it and Luka looks nice in them anyway...

I'm _never_ ordering from them again. _If_ I feel the need to buy a pair I will buy them from someone that has them in hand.

3. June the 18th.. still nothing.
      Called them and complained, they said that they were doing urethane eyes, and mine were in the next batch.. x.x
      or were they. ><
      That was about two weeks after I ordered.. x.x

4. This is all interesting. I ordered two pairs last year around February or so (about the same time that I ordered my DoC Wi). Kelyn got here first, and then the two pairs of eyes arrived about a month later. Both sets were beautiful, but they messed up on my order and sent me a pair of normal pupil Afghan instead of serpent pupils. Well, I e-mailed and complained and they told me to keep the normal Afghans and they'd send the serpent ones. ...And sure enough, a few weeks later, my serpent pupil Afghans showed up, and those are beautiful too (see my sig pic for ref.).

Reading this thread...I have to wonder...Am I the only one who's gotten decent customer service with Masterpiece? o.O;

5. Called them up over the phone and let them know I've been waiting for months, they apologized, and said it's already been shipped and I should get it by next week.
      If I don't, I'm going to be a little frustrated. I think I've been patient. >>

They said that they're a small company and usually deal with 500 or so eyes, and they got an unusually large order of about 1000 which slowed them down a lot... she apologized a lot, at least..

Hope this helps any of you waiting for your eyes to know they haven't given up on us.

6. Wow O.O I'm glad I saw this. I've been wanting to order Masterpiece eyes, the "stained glass" ones in particular, and I can't find any other dealers who carry those. Anyone know of a place that carries their more unusual eyes? I guess I won't try my luck ordering straight from them.

7. I ordered some normal Afghan eyes from the company around early July, and I haven't heard anything, not too much to complain about yet. But I'm hoping this doesn't turn into another Masterpiece horror story.:sweat As for your question Tuvie, I'd check The Santa Fanatic on ebay. I'd ask her, at least, if she plans on ordering anything like that. Maybe Masterpiece will get to those people like her with big orders faster. Or maybe a whole bunch of us should go in on a group order ourselves, it's a thought.

Good Luck all :)

8. Well, there are large Masterpiece group orders organized by Karin every so often. My extended wait for eyes was through one of those orders. Being a part of one didn't speed things up at all and it sure didn't get me quality goods for the dollar amount and waiting time.

Since they always seem to be swamped and behind on their orders I'm not sure I believe that it's due to "OMG suddenly we got a huge order". They always get big orders, so why it is always a surprise to them? Perhaps they should train another eye maker.

I have yet to find another source for their more unusual eyes. I may still bite the bullet and order my custom eyes that I want for Lex, I only hope they aren't damaged this time. If I'd known I could call them on the phone with regards to my damaged eyes I could have resolved it satisfactorily, but I just found out I could in this thread. My bad. :doh

9. I ordered some eyes in June...and kept receiving the same response email after email, them stating "They are being made this week and will be shipped out in a few days!"

...of course they never were.

So I sent them an email demanding that they either refund me the full amount I paid, or I would file a claim against them through paypal.

The next few hours, there was a full refund in my paypal account. I hated resorting to that, but seriously...three months to make two sets of eyes? Absolutely ridiculous.

There are some great sellers on eBay, however, that sell Masterpiece eyes, as well as other great brands. If you'd like their info, PM me! I don't want to post the links, as it'd be quite OT. XD

10. They told me they shipped them and they'd be arriving any day now... I'll let you know if they were telling the truth ;O

11. I have always been very pleased with the quality of my Masterpiece eyes (and I was a porcelain doll maker and am familiar with the various different brands). I always ordered through Karin, who is no longer going to carry the Masterpiece eye line because of their customer service issues.

On the one hand, we can't expect to have the same kind of service from the Asian companies that we (usually) get in the USA, because the cultures are different. On the other hand, if any of you are constantly being told that your eyes "are in the mail" but they clearly aren't, there is no reason we should tolerate being lied to, either. If they're a USA based company, we have the right to expect much better service. The best way to send a message is to stop ordering.

12. Masterpiece eyes is based out of Glendale, AZ. And to wait a few months for eyes that are flawed is unreasonable. I can see pixels in mine too, and i'm not going to even bother with trying again. I'll just have to go with a more stable company.

13. That's the same crap I got from Artistique when I placed my first and last order with them forever ago.

14. HAH! I FINALLY got my eyes today.
      I guess they were telling the truth when I called them up and bothered them.
      They're what I ordered, not what I expected, but I'm glad to finally get them.

They gave me a second pair for free as an apology.
      That calms me a little... I guess they do care about their customerses feelings.

They don't really look like the picture though.. they have very dark lines from the iris,
      almost makes them look like stars...

They look rushed. But at least the dark starry eye look fits my boy ^^ Pictures later.

I really wish they didn't rush them... they look nothing like the pictures ;-; At least Ciel likes them.

15. I have decided after I bought one pair of Mastepiece Eyes (Woodland); I will never buy another, cause there are some Soom and other glass eyes I like better. I'm trying to sell this pair, I don't like them. The color is sub-par and grainy, I don't think I'm going to get back what I paid for them. ($23) I was actually very dissapointed with them once I got them. They looked cheap sitting next to some glass eyes I bought at my local doll shop for $8.00. And then I decided I didn't even want green eyes for my mini-boy at all.

:/ I didn't care for Masterpiece eyes at all, color me unimpressed.

16. I had two pairs of masterpeice eyes. And I disliked both of them. While it looks good on the website, it gathers dust so easily, and does not photograph well.

I have amuch stronger love of glass and urethane eyes. And they're gorgeous and photograph very well. The only acrylics I will buy are souldoll.

17. Here's my experience with Masterpiece:

I ordered two pairs of eyes with custom serpent pupils towards the end of August, immediately got email comfirmation that said it 'should be about ten days'.
      I let a month go by before replying to the email with an inquiry on how long it was going to be.
      They promptly sent back another email saying they were sorry for the delay and that my eyes would ship out on Friday. I was actually rather surprised when they arrived the following Monday.
      On the quality...one of the eyes has an off-set 'dome'. It doesn't really show while in a doll, though, so I don't think I'm going to bother with the hassle of trying to get a replacement...especially since the doll those eyes are for will probably not be purchased for a year or so. ^^;
      Just look-and-feel wise...well, I don't really like them. They are the perfect look for eyes for the doll(s) in question, but the quality is not as good as the one pair of Soom eyes I have. I think I'll just stick to glass, urethane, and Soom eyes, in future.
      Honestly, I'm beginning to wonder exactly how big the staff at Masterpiece is...perhaps it's just one guy doing everything. O__o

18. I'm really sad to read about this, because I've had an order in to them since August and after asking them about my order in September, was told it takes time and they are in the current batch...but now here we are in October and I don't have any eyes. I would have loved to buy them from someone in stock, but I haven't seen anyone who stocks Afghan Eyes, which I've been wanting forever...it would be nice, since they know how long the wait can be, if they'd indicate it on the website somewhere what the expected wait time might be. I can't find that anywhere on the site, so I assumed it wouldn't be unreasonable.

19. Are there any alternatives to Santafanatic for in-stock eyes? They won't ship outside the US. :|

20. Threnody(?) here on DoA often has them in stock. "Safrin Doll"