1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

16 WEEKS since Masterpiece order- THEY FIXED IT!

Aug 22, 2006

1. well I know Donn at BishonenHouse.com keeps a few in stock (thats where I got mine) but I'm pretty sure he just has the one size (17mm I think?) and not all the colours

2. I do like Masterpiece eyes, but it really is hit or miss with them in terms of quality. They seem to have absolutely no quality control and I will never buy from them directly again. The last pair I got from them, I waited 8 weeks for (and I see the wait has got even worse now); they were filmy and the iris was ragged.

It's much better to buy from a dealer. Along with Safrin Doll, you can also try BJs Babes if you're looking for a particular colour. Here is their website:

http://www.bjsbabes.com/Masterpiece%20eyes.htm

They also sell on ebay. If they don't have the colour you want, do email them and they should be able to tell you if they have them on order, etc. Safrin and BJs both ship to the UK and I've bought from both before and they've been great.

Another seller I've been recommended are these guys:

http://www.denverdoll.com/masterpiece_eyes_for_your_favori.htm

Sadly they were out of stock on the afghans I wanted. Rather optimistically they've put 'coming soon' on their webpage (bless).

I'm really disappointed in Masterpiece; they do colours you can't get anywhere else. I've been wanting silver fox and afghan for ages now and none of the sellers ever have them in stock.

I've also noticed the pixel thing is a fairly recent development; the reason I liked their eyes is because they were very realistic and I have older pairs that are.

3. Glad to hear it's finally be sorted out!

4. I've been waiting 14 weeks for my MP eyes. They've promised twice they're sending them out the next week. :|

Edit: Got my eyes today. 16 weeks seems to be the average waiting time for Masterpiece eye orders. :sigh

5. *sigh* This explains everything. =_=;;

I wish I've found this thread before ordering from them, because at this rate, calculating from when I ordered from them (Feb 8 ), I might not even be in the U.S. anymore by the time the eyes arrive.

edit: I've e-mailed them this morning explaining my situation and received a very prompt reply in the afternoon that I'll receive the eyes in the next 2 weeks. =) I'll be patiently waiting until then!

6. Ok,I was thinking to buy from Masterpiece,but I do not get any response on my emails. And now I know I can order from Grace, and I love her eyes more :blush
      I agree but I need those: [​IMG]

Custom,pfff wish I could buy eyes like this. (I sound so unthankful..)

Edit: Hmm beter to buy from Grace if I read all comments here...

7. Adding my two cents to this thread:

I ordered from Masterpiece in mid-June and by late August I hadn't received my eyes so emailed them to ask if they had a ballpark figure for when they would likely be shipped out. Gayle responded to say they would ship in about ten days. I eventually received them on 28 September, just when I was about to email again to ask if there'd been a delay as in my experience most packages shipped from the USA to Australia take about a week to arrive, tops.

To be honest I don't mind the waiting so much but it would be nice to be kept informed of any delays, especially as their website advertises a 2-5 week wait - when that becomes more like 12 weeks and as the client you're the one having to initiate contact I do think that is rather poor customer service (particularly from an American business).

That said, I do really like the eyes I received and based on that alone would (unfortunately) buy from them again.

8. It took seven weeks for mine (ordered August 9, received September 29), and I emailed them every week past the five week mark politely asking for order updates, mostly because I'd found this thread. The eyes I'd ordered did not come out as I had hoped, so I wound up ordering two new sets from ginarolo instead. Would I order from Masterpiece again? Probably not, but I won't rule it out completely.

9. I have found that the quality of MP eyes has plummeted in the past year. Misshapen irises, oddly placed pupils, mismatched sclera (that's the white part of the eye), you name it. How this can be, when the eyes are essentially a picture behind a lens, is a mystery to me. I have some MP eyes that are amazing, but overall, I am switching to Soom for color, quality, and service.