1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

2005 Hyperdollies! (EDIT)

Jun 19, 2005

1. Oh no, not at all. [​IMG] You don't need to belong to the club to order the dolls. I only wanted to join the club so that I could see Hyperdolly pictures at the club and that particular club is set up so that you can't view anything unless you are a member. You order the dolls at their website http://hypermaniac.com and I am pretty sure that they take PayPal now. When I got my Rui, it was very hard for foreigners to get a Hyperdolly, but now they have made it possible for us to order direct. Any questions you can ask Jeeyoo over at the Etherial Angels Board. She is official representative. [​IMG]

2. Well, the heck with the club, then. It's unbelieveably rude to assume that anyone over a certain age would only be interested in a Hypermaniac doll for a pestering child under the age of 14. (Note: my teenaged daughter is 14 and IS therefore eligible for this arbitrarily discriminatory club, because SHE was born between those dates. *_* WTF!! She is reasonably mature and careful, yet I don't even allow her to have an account on DoA or Cosplay.com at her age yet!)

I certainly hope Hypermaniac does not endorse this nonsense, because if I were to hope to adopt one of their beautiful doll-children (Nahoo is gorgeous!), it would be for MYSELF, of course. :evil:

Yvette: Thank you very much! :D

3. Whoever programmed the input form originally may really not have a clue that the upper date cut-off is actually hindering genuine serious Hyperdolly people. You even received an INVITE!! That means some human being accepted you, even if pre-set web programming still did not. So, if the web form refuses your actual birth year, you might consider dropping 10 (or whatever) years off your birthdate for the purposes of the web form input, and then send the person in charge a copy of their own invite and an explanation for what you had to do to get around the oversight in the input form.

Just a thought. I despise duplicity, but you'd be explaining a merely temporary solution to a silly problem because you DID have an invite to register, so they have a dilemma to deal with that is of their own making.

(And I still think I have more of a mature frame of mind than my teenaged child to go gallivanting and posting at will on forums and web clubs that are not "teen-only" havens, so it shocks me that both she AND my adult friends a mere couple of years younger than I would be eligible (by reasons of accidental birth date only!) for some doll club, and I would not be. GRRR!)

[rant = off]

4. Na-who is so perfect it's hurting my eyes to look at him... or maybe I just need to remember to blink.

-

5. The dolls are way beautiful. I like the first two, but it's taking me forever to save for the dolls already on my list. :(

6. Cyworld is mainly for Korean people. Their policy mainly apply to Koreans only. You dont need to be so offend by it. IMHO...not to offend anyone.

7. No, please don't take it personal or be insulted. I was at first before I found out the reason the club is set up like that. Evidently they have a big problem at the cyworld doll clubs with underage disrupting thier clubs. It's a shame really, but that is what they are dealing with there. They don't want to keep adults out, but only the problem children that are ruining it for everyone and that is why they set up the age restriction. They first banned under 15 and then also had to bar over 40. This was done not because they don't want over 40 members, but because children were using parents ID to get in around underage ban.

When they found out I wanted to join and was having a problem, first they sent an invitation. When that didn't work, they changed the club settings just so that I could get in. They will change them back again in a day or two to keep out the problem children again, but I am sure that if any DOA cyworld members who are over 40 and want to join they will do the same for you so that you could join up.

I don't speak (or read) Korean, so I can't participate in the club other than to go there and look at the pictures of the Hyperdollys, but I am really enjoying it. The Korean doll collectors take wonderful pictures of their dolls and there are so many pictures of the older Hyperdollys. It is really great to see them. I love the old style Hyperdollys. The new boys looks so much more mature and are larger dolls. I wish they would make some smaller dolls with a younger look. My Rui would love a brother. Maybe they will do some more fairies this year. I am sorry I didn't get one before they were gone.

8. Just let you know that I dont speak Korean, either. But you can always post your Hyperdolly's picture in the club. They are very friendly IMO. ^^ Looking forward to see your Rui in the club. ^^

9. Ooooooh, wow, so exciting! I like Gye-do a lot. Are they already for sale? And also, what would the prices be I wonder? 800$ is a lot for my poor bank account... but he's definitely calling to me o.o Maybe it'll be less than that ~Prays~

10. Oh, and for anyone wanting Hypermaniac girls - Jeyoo said (on the EA board) that there will also be girls this batch, they just haven't released photos yet =)

Jeeyoo: "There will be new girls. They will come up shortly after."

The two boys of the current batch are gorgeous, but not quite what I had in mind for a particular character, so I'm hoping one of the girls might fit the bill - the Hypermaniac girls tend to have strong features that mean they look great as boys, too *grins*

Cypher

11. So-som is cute, but so filled with WOE! *g*

12. I think So-som is super cute and that hypermanic mouth looks so cute on him! I wonder if he has a willy. I hope they come out with some MSD sized OR SD/SD13 sized girls as the girls they make are SO large and heavy.

:oops:

13. Don't know if I am too late, but I would like to see the pics too if possible. Thanks :D [/i]

14. i can't wait to see the new girls as well :)

15. Thank you so much Linda, they are absolutely beautiful and So-Som is adorable. Never really took a great liking to tiny BJD's but she/he is wonderful. :D

16. I wonder how much So-Som will cost? Does anyone have a clue? It says he is 13cm. That means the photo of him (on my monitor, anyway) is very close to life-sized. :love

EDIT: I just printed out a picture of So-Som life-sized. I'm already in love .... I can't resist pouty faces. I love the larger dolls, too, but I won't be able to afford them this year, and I really want a tiny doll. It seems like a tiny doll would be so much fun to get accessories for, like tiny furniture and stuff.