1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

2007 Hypermaniac Renewal Collection - Hahanbi, Kakiva, Eujquv, Choyanbi

May 31, 2007

1. Okay, this may be a stupid question but how does one order from the site? ;o;

2. Oh it's really easy once they have them ready to order..! They're under "Dolly" and you click on the one you want and so forth... there's even a direct connect to paypal... Right now they still have Muse, Ishta and Skadi up. So we'll just have to watch and wait.

Raven

3. Awesome, Thanks so much Raven! *kisses* :aheartbea

4. i still prefer the older bodies...
      :(
      and i'm not so keen on their new height either...

5. I think they are only an inch taller? its just a guess.

I will be happy to give a review (compared to my present Kakiva) as I plan to order open eye kakiva and if the resin is too funky shiny and just not feeling right I will put her up for sale.

6. My Muse is not shiny at all; nor is she overly pale (my Skadi was ok too). Maybe they had problems with select batches.

Lishe

7. I have the older body and I want the new taller one, I may ask if someone would like to trade them with me.

My choyangbi is ivory white, so if someone buy the new hyperdollies and want the older body please contact with me. I will be the happiest person in the world if my choyangbi grew up 4 centimetres ><

8. I'd never trade heads, I think the resin color/translucency difference would be too great, but I'd be willing to trade dolls, newer for older.
      I too prefer the older bodies...

I'd be getting one of the elves though...

Raven

9. I agree with Ravendolls, it would be near impossible to match the colors exactly. I am looking at maybe getting one of the new dolls and the only way that I would trade bodies would be if we met in person and could compare resin colors and types. It\'s just too risky otherwise. I would really hate for both of us to end up with mismatched dolls. And also like Ravendolls says, if you want to trade whole dolls, that I would do too; I like the shorter dolls and Choyangbi has a really nice size.

10. Yes this is very possible (thats good to hear to so I guess there is hope I might like the resin). All of my hypers are different colors from each other even the same year. My Sirang is almost tan and my Rui of the same year is a most beautiful creamy pink resin.

I guess we will just have to order one and see!

Gothland thats interesting Choyanbi was not sold as a white one so there you go another one which is way lighter my Choyangbi is actually quite dark.

So its gunna be the luck of the draw if you can get a new one with light enough resin. I am guessing you like your light resin?

11. LOL Okay we're all set!!

...Now if they'd just RELEASE teh cute lil' buggers already XD

Raven

12. :) lol yeh put the buggers up for sale.

One bugger for me.

***** What I am curious about it that they said they are LIMITED BY NUMBER anyone notice that in my question answers post.
      It seems like they used to say available for 1 year but don't match that time period?

13. oh, I asked them too about that, they always has made their dolls in limited number but they never said how many of them there are. So the dolls are only available until they have stock.
      when I bought my Choyangbi in 2004 I think there were about 20 or maybe less but probably they make more now that HyperManiac is more famous.

I was lucky with the skin color, I asked the dealer to send me a pale one ^_~
      And my Rui is very near to volks pure skin.

14. I also have one of the ivory-colored Hahanbi. (She's a very yellowish white, exactly like ivory). I have a theory that no one has been able to confirm/deny but I suspect that the white ones are from the show that Hypermaniac did after the initial release of Hahanbi and Choyangbi (go to their site and look under the gallery... it's the one with the dolls in traditional Korean outfits). I suspect they made a special run of dolls for that show (and I've heard they attended other doll shows and possibly did special runs just for those as well). This would satisfactorally explain (to me anyway) the differences in resin color even of the same year. So, even if they're sold out of their 'standard run' on their website, I would imagine they'd be sure to have dolls on hand for shows they attended.

None of this is confirmed, mind you, but I am comfortable with this explanation. I admit I was a little worried about replicas being passed off as the original (especially given how much I paid), but re-casts have certain degredation of quality and examining my Hahanbi and Choyangbi closely I cannot imagine they are anything other than originals.

Count me in as another not-fan of the new resin. :( I've gotten over the initial shock of it being so incredibly pale (now that more than 50% of my dolls are the newer, paler color) but I still don't like the shinyness or plasticky feel. It's not noticable after having coated with MSC but it's part of the reason I'm not so fond of the body (I haven't gotten around to sanding/coating the body). Gye-do had the paler resin but it was still a lovely matte finish. I wouldn't mind so much if they went back to that, now.

Well, hopefully this was just a trial for the 2006 dolls and they'll try a different resin this year. (Renewal Lacrima was also pretty shiny.) Renewal Lacrima isn't exactly like the 2003 Rui (I can't compare to original Lacrima), there is something softer and less sharp about his features. I'm hoping that by remaking the heads from scratch that the 'edge' will still be there on the 2007 renewals.

Well, enough of my chatter... I can't wait to see the new dolls!!
      h

15. My Gyedo is matte finish with his resin and he has the same color has my Normal Skin DS Hound....I wonder why the resin for the renewals would be shiny?

16. Ryochan exactly plasticky and shiny thats my experience. I know my Ksy didn't have that issue. I did read that the company hypermaniac can't buy the resin from the original source so this is why its different in the quality.

Though I have heard some people liked this rerelease resin.

17. oh you don't have to worry about the color of your Hahanbi. I bougth my Choyangbi from HyperManiac and at this time the web wasn't ready so we could order them by email. The person who was in charge of the international orders (Jee-yoo) also bought a choyangbi for her and said that the dolls had different colours and that there were someones very pale, so I asked her if she can send me one near white and she did it ^^

Lacrima and Rui are different molds, as you said Lacrima is softer.
      I would like to see a renewal with his original version... I think they are exactly the same. Anyone knows if they are really remaked?

18. It's funny all the talk of the newer resin being lower quality... I think it's really the opposite! My 04 Eujquiv was matte-finish light normalskin color but there was little or no translucency to her resin. My Na-Hu was pale pink, I don't remember about a shine, but I think he may have been... but he was very translucent, which bothered me a bit at the time because I wanted him to look like E's brother.
      My Muse was a light normalskin color, but the resin had a lovely glowy translucency. I guess it may have been a bit shiny on her body, but it didn't bother me.

I had a Thaasa Shinydoll that had beautiful translucent resin but she was *very* shiny... so I just disassembled her and gave her a good going over with a scrubbie (unfortunately I don't remember what grit) and she was lovely. I know it's a bit of work to put into a doll, but I didn't mind.

So I guess such a thing can be done to a Hypermaniac too...

Just an idea!! ^_^

Raven

19. I think the $700 includes makeup .. my sale went through for $650 without makeup :)

Looks like we will be eating baked beans on toast for a fortnight here now *_*

20. For those of you that already have this size doll--where do you find clothes and shoes in the right size for them? Do SD sized things fit them? Does everything have to be sewn specifically for them or is there a commercial doll whose clothing fits? (I don't sew)
      I have Muse, and thankfully she fits into Sasha clothes and shoes, I really want these new girls, but the clothes worry is holding me back.