1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

2007 Hypermaniac Renewal Collection - Hahanbi, Kakiva, Eujquv, Choyanbi

May 31, 2007

1. SD size shoes fit my original Hahanbi so most likely they will fit the renewal dolls. The bodies on the renewal are different from the original so not sure about clothing fit but my guess is some SD clothing would fit except for length. Things like T shirts should be fine. My Hahanbi's waist is the same size as my Luts girl body but Hahanbi's hips are about an inch smaller so jeans etc would be baggy around the hips and too long in the leg. Skirts and dresses would probably be OK.
      Hope that helps.

2. Thanks Kaye, that helps alot.

3. Does anyone know how to read secret replies in the free bbs?
      I posted a question and made it secret because it contained private info about my order and now I can't seem to get into the post to read the reply!!???

4. Ypo have to enter your password in the shaded area.

Lishe

p.s. I can only do this with firefox.

5. Thanks Lishe .. got it!!

Just an observation! Open eye Kikava looks like a young Ishta and Choyangbi looks like a young Sirang .. anyone else think so too? Soooooo cute!! Wish I could afford all of them!!

6. YES!! I hadn't much cared for open-eye Kakiva in the original photos (unpainted, no hair) but now that I see her she DOES look like a young Ishta and the same with Choyangbi/Sirang!!

About the slightly-less-than-SD size, dresses seem to work GREAT, and Hahanbi looks better in the BtSSB red riding hood outfit than any of my other dolls! Long sleeve shirts and pants tend to be a little too long but you can 'cuff' them. And they are a touch more slender, but as long as you're putting them in more slender SD clothing (ie not baggy/bulky) they tend to work pretty well although jeans might need a belt and a cuff.

Worrying about the size and getting clothing is why I passed them up the first go-round and I have been kicking myself ever since. I got them second-hand but I overpaid pretty well for them (before renewal was announced).:( So, my advice is please don't let it hold you back!
      H

7. I really want to get Open eyed Kakiva, BUT I am so worried about how she will look and matching Eujquv. I had Ishta for a while (I had to sell her she made me so sad) and the resin was NOTHING like Eujquv's. It was a light pinky color and matched the new CH resin perfectly, NOT Volks at all.
      My Eujquv actually matches old Volks BW exactly. She has yellowed/mellowed. While I really really want to get an open eyed Kakiva the whole resin thing has me upset. If anyone is in the same boat as me and wants to trade/sell so we could have matched pairs LMK.

8. Yeah, the resin thing really gets me. :( That's one of the reason I'm trying to replace my older ones with ones bought all at the same time so hopefully they have more or less the same skin tone. I bet your Eujquv is the same color as my Hahanbi. It's not that it's a bad color it just looks a bit strange when put together with ones of different color. :sweat
      H

9. They've changed their head sclupt no ?
      I have order a Eujquv because I am dreaming of this doll for a while. But she seams to have a little nose not like the original version. I like her original big nose soooo much. So I hope it's just an impression due to the make up.
      What do you think about it, they have been modded or not ?

10. I can't speak to Eujquv, but I held my Choyangbi and Hahanbi up and stared at them and stared at the pictures of the new ones and the only readily apparent differences seem to be that the little divit under the nose (what's that called?) doesn't seem as sharp. I'm certainly not letting go of my original Choyangbi until I'm sure the new one is virtually indistinguishable. If that means I end up with twins, so be it!

However, even if they aren't identical, I'll be letting go of original Hahanbi because her skin tone just never suited me but I couldn't bear to part with her dear little face until I could get it in another form. :sweat

H

11. Heat up some beans for me too, Kaye. Just ordered Hahanbi. Eeek!

12. You won't be sorry when you get her ... Hahanbi is adorable :) I have been telling myself for a month I would only order one ... but when the time came I could not decide between Choyangbi and open eye Kakiva so I ordered both and now I am yearning for Eujquiv too but no way I can afford 3, my credit card is at the limit already!!

For those worrying about the renewal resin ... I think it's beautiful. If it's the same as Muse and Ishta and the other renewals it's a lovely pale flesh colour that is almost white .. very delicate and beautiful looking. It has a nice sheen but if you don't like the shine give it a coat of MSC and it will take the shine off it.
      I have 4 renewal dolls Muse, Ishta, Dongha and Lacrima and they all have the same pale flesh resin colour .. my original Hahanbi is a very dark resin colour .. a lot like Luts colour. Even with the difference in the resin colour they still all look great together .. humans have all different skin colours so differences in the dolls doesn't worry me.
      Just my thoughts and hope I might be able to help someone who is on the fence about the resin!!
      :) Kaye

13. I agree Kaye! I also like the new resin. I washed my girls in soapy water to get the shine off. I think some of it is just casting residue (like the unoas when you get them).

Lishe

14. So!! I bought my 2 Kakiva to make my little twins girls ^^
      Now, I would like to know if 8/9 wigs could fit to Kakiva, too?
      Treelore, could you tell me?
      And, if 16mm eyes fit well, if we can see part of the white in the eyes with the little eyes closed of the Kakiva "sleeping". Or, if I must take some 14mm eyes.
      I can't trust the compagny, they often talk about 18mm eyes and it doesn't fit well (I have many exemple at home: my CP Miyu, my Kawainino Momo and Iz...). So I prefer to ask here! ^__^
      Thanks!

15. Yes Kakiva head is about the same I find a true 8 would be too small a true 9 too large a 8.5 just right. Wigs have always been very hard for me to get for the hypermaniacs the head for Kakiva is really about the same as your Sirang! I just ordered some wigs from dollga there is a long wait but they had a 8-9 range wig in what seems like a beautiful quality. They should be arriving any day now so I will let you know how they fit. However the wait was long over 2 months.

Actually with My half close eye Kakiva she is wearing 14 mm eyes! I was really surprised but they looked the best it makes her eyes seem more open as you said you can see more white. Also she looks best with brighter eyes I don't think high quality are really needed as you can't see that much of the colored area you just need the eyes to catch your eye if you know what I mean, you can look at the pictures of my girl on the board I am sure you have right ;) . I have blue eyes in my girl 14mm. In an open eye Kakiva 16mm will work best not the 14mm.

:) so happy for you!!

16. Ok I compared my Eujquiv to this new one, the nose actually Eujquiv does have a tiny bit of contour lines at the tip of her nose I never noticed this before I thought it was totally smooth. They have added blush to accent this.

If I were you I would ask the question on the hyper board. I would not say you prefer the original as they seem to get offended very easily. You might get a clearer reply with a straight forward question.

Please post your answer here :)

HAHANBI - one thing I noticed if it looks like they made the mouth closed mine has teeth though its hard to be sure as it could be just the angle. I hope who ever gets a Hahanbi can update us here.

17. isen't that Eujquv.. ?

18. It used to be spelled like I am spelling it if you do a search you will see my version gets hits. Eujquv is how they are now writing the name on the hyper site. They changed another name too slightly.

19. Does anyone know if the Atelier Muse clothing will fit these HM girls or are they too chubby for these clothes?

20. Bump because I'm curious about the Atelier Muse clothing as well. Ihave a cami that's lovely but doesn't fit even my wasp-waisted SD16 girl, so I'm not holding out much hope. The Ciel body's very slender and from the pics on the Hypermaniac site, it looks like that girlfriend's at least got some thighs. ;)

.................also if anyone who got a Skadi should happen to be wanting to part with her, let me know. >_< Naturally I didn't even think to look at the site until she was sold out.