1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

2008 Fairyland NaNuRi gift head

Jun 16, 2008

1. OMG. So excited. :D My Fairyland order was just shipped so I'll be getting all three heads to take photos of (though two have to go away to raffles..) I'm keeping the Nanuri and will be painting his face and taking photos so I'll put some up here, so we don't just have naked faces!

2. Vaith-- Congratulations!! Yeah, I'll be needing to paint mine eventually, but I don't know what I want him to look like yet, so I need to plan. ^_^

After the other dolls I need to finish/faceup, I think I'll take a break before I start planning his faceup. At least he doesn't have teeth! X3

A couple of random naked photos, with null eyes in. ^_^ Or no eyes. It depends. I have definitely decided he needs eyes with irises though, so Vana can keep the null eyes while I plan out eyes for Erekor (my Nanuri).

[​IMG]

(Aaaand with eyes...)
      [​IMG]

(He has a BEAUTIFUL profile. I love it.)
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Forgive the bluriness, the light was crap and I never did take better lit photos. XP And the headcap thing was because I didn't have enough eye putty and had to hold one of the eyes in place. :sweat Although I did learn something new: all the Fairyland headcaps are different. XD With Pukis you remove the face, with MNF-- the only one I had previous experience with-- the head cap pops off from the bottom up, and the Feeple headcaps twist. Lol I was trying to pop it off, but I just stopped and started peering into the neck, trying to figure out what to do until I felt the headcap giving as I pushed it a bit to the side. :sweat :sweat)

Just a few to tide everyone over!! Just as soon as I get him his faceup I'll post more. His body will be a while in coming though, so I'm not in a huge rush to faceup him. XD

Edit: And a really fast comparison photo of him with my Shushu Elf:
      [​IMG]

3. I don't think he looks as much like a big version of Shushu like most people were saying, but he definitely could be her big brother!

4. PsychoticElflet5 -- Eeee, he's so cute! Congrats! ^o^

I can't wait until a week from now...that's when I can finally order! *bounces in anticipation*
      Every new pic I see of the head makes me love it even more....:D

5. *nods* After seeing him in person, he looks considerably different. (*Was one of those who thought he looked kinda like a Shushu*) For one, the nose isn't as slopey-- more of a straight-edge. Could definitely be a relative though. ^_^ Same face shape. *points out the jawline*

Thank you! ^_^ Ooh, congratulations! He was completely worth the wait, I love him. I can't wait until I decide what his faceup will look like. What else are you ordering?

6. Well, I'm picking up a FeePle boy body for my Luts NaNuRi 06 head (poor boy has been a floating head for 2 years now so it's about time XD;;; ), with the Dreaming Vamp Moon head to be my Nara Elf's big brother Nyx Draconis. ^o^
      Oh, and the 'clenching' puki hands, arabian shoes, and wingtop boots for my puki.

Hmmm....I'm buying a body for one of my floating heads...and gaining two new ones. Oops. :sweat
      I think I may end up putting the Nanuri head on a Type 3 Delf boy body...we'll see how that looks when he gets here....

7. [​IMG]
      Here's my girlified nanuri 08--She'll be re-named Hinoki. She's on a Fantasy Doll Nina NS body for the shot, and even that body looks too big, and the resin is too white--looking at other bodies, the best fit IMO is the Delf girl body, especially the pretty little hands. Pardon the temp face-up.
      Now to scrounge up the 500+ dollars for the "free" head, lol. Fairyland is evil:)
      -------
      Sigh, had to part with her..might try to replace her someday when I have more cash. She really does make a wonderful girl.

8. [SIZE="-10"]*jumps onto this thread, leaving her usual lurker mode* Ooooh my, the Nanuri '08 head looks so good in these owner photos even though he's blank! I think he looks gorgeous blank and I can't wait to get mine here with me. I love his lips so much! :D And his nose. Wah, he's so darn pretty, so, so adorable. Why did I have to fall so hard for two big boys so close together? First the Luts '08 man and now the Nanuri '08. ;-; These event boys are killing me with their loveliness. *waaaaants him lyk nao*

PsychoticElflet5: I actually like the way that those eyes look! ^^ I've been meaning to get a few pairs of 'blind' eyes like that to test them out. But I digress, this comment should be about Erekor! It goes without saying that I find him adorably gorgeous!! I can't wait to see him with a faceup! ;) *hinthint*

Oh! Look at me, all hyper insomniac style in the morning, hopping onto and invading this thread all rude like. *waves* Howdy guys! As if it wasn't already obvious, Forbidden here, will be having for herself a Nanuri '08 as well. *nod* Yep. *nod* Somehow she lucked up and won herself one in a group order raffle. And somehow she ended up talking about herself as though she were another person. *_*

Umm... As far as Mr. Nanuri '08 goes, I don't know which body I'll be getting for him yet, well, to be honest I don't even know his name yet, but I'm sure that those answers will come to me by the time he gets here. So, can I join this nice little club of owners and soon-to-be owners or is there some type of initiation that I must go through first? Hm?[/SIZE]

9. I just placed my order this morning, and just paid the invoice a little while ago after getting home from work! :cheer
      I still have no definite plan on who/what he's going to be, though. XD;;; I have an idea, but I won't be sure until I have him in hand. =3

10. Yes! *Throws hands in the air* Another one in the works! Congrats, Acanthiel! I can't wait to see how he turns out if your idea works.

Hiiii Forbidden! Welcome to the thread, and of course you can join. ^_^ Erekor is just kind sitting in the bag at this point, annoyed with me probably, and probably plotting my demise. X3 Unfortunately, my Puki Piki sleeping face is still half-painted, and I need to wipe it and start over, so that comes first. XP I'm being such a procrastinator.

11. Gah, I don't suppose anyone would be willing to sell this head? @___@; I missed the event deadline after I realized his mold was pretty much exactly what I had in mind for my next character. T_T;;;;

12. [SIZE="-10"]*waaave* Hiiii! XD Thank you for the welcome. So, has someone started a database thread for all of our boys ( or girls ) yet? ^^ Well, even if you procrastinate, that's better than nothing. You'll get to it eventually and at least he doesn't have to be sent out for a faceup. Erekor should be grateful for that much. XD You already know that all my heads get shipped overseas for their faceups.

I've been racking my poor brain, trying to decide on which character my Nanu will be best suited for. I have a few ideas in mind but I think this is one of those moments where I won't be able to make a definite decision until he's here with me, in my hands.

Oh, and I have a question for everyone who has gotten their heads... do they come with eyes or no?

Have you checked the Marketplace? I've been seeing a few of these heads pop up there. *just checked* Well, now they all seem to have been sold or are on hold, but you could always post up a Want To Buy thread and see what happens?

[/SIZE]

13. No, they don't come with eyes. Just the blank head (note: the headcap twists off, not pops. Don't try to do it like a MNF head. XDDD), no eyes, no faceup, nothing. ^_^ Lol Yeah, I dunno if I could send mine across seas. I think, if I figure out what I want and can't do it, THEN I will send him off. X3

14. [SIZE="-10"]I used to think that I could never ship my heads overseas, either, but I decided to take a chance. Plus, EMS shipping has wonderful tracking. I could keep up with things all the way. *obsessive with tracking things*[/SIZE]

15. Lol I... see. *Steps back a little* I tried some colored eyes-- butterfly pupil Dollmore ones, so it was just a size test-- that fit Erekor perfectly size-wise. But when I meased with my little ruler it came out to 16mm, and Vana's eyes ARE 14mm. I'm just confused, because I could have sworn they were too big to be 14/16s. I guess I'll have to choose a size and randomly buy it, see what happens. XD I'll start with 16mm, for starters, and run with it from there.

Actually, does anyone HAVE 16mm Dollmore eyes they can pop in their lovely Nanuri and check it out for me? Or at least a pair of eyes you KNOW the size of? :lol:

16. Eyes can vary so oddly company to company.
      For example, I have a pair of glass eyes that were sold as 14mm, which the ball of the eye is...however the iris of the eye is more like a standard 16mm...but I realised that before I bought them, thus bought a size smaller than normal in order to get the correct iris size. On the other side of it, though, I bought another pair that were 18mm...only had an iris that was sized like a normal 16mm eye...and for those I didn't realise it, so I'm going to have to buy another pair in 20mm to get them to look right. :doh

My boy isn't here yet, of course, but if you still need pics when he gets here I can take pics with various eyes for you. I don't have any Dollmore eyes, though, I'm afraid.

17. Got my Nanuri head today - I tried my Cutie Delf Cory's default glass eyes (14mm, I think...) and the body is type 1 Delf Girl (Soo body).
      I'm not a fan of light colored eyes so I'll have to buy some darker eyes...

[​IMG]

I haven't got 16mm eyes except the default ones that came with my MNF Soo. I'll try them if I get a chance (size officially recommended by FairyLand is 16mm, but personally I think 14mm looks good too).

18. *nods* I think that's what that happened with me. They're 14mm, but the iris is HUGE. X3 I would love to see some photos in multiple eyes, Dollmore or no. It'll help me decide what I want for him, and what size will work best. I figure I'll buy a couple sizes from Dollmore in my next order to be sure, if no one can help. I'll prolly post a thread in the Picture Request forum later, at the least.

Liria-- Those are what my Vana's eyes looked like in Erekor. XD So they ARE 14mm, just with a HUGE iris. Good to know. I'm looking for dark eyes too. For MNF I prefer 14mm, and with my Shushu I'm going to buy 12mm. ^^

19. I love those eyes! Are those the violet glass ones Luts sells currently or were they a special color for Cory?

20. I'm pretty sure they are light violet eyes that a lot of companies sell under glass eye category, including Luts. The color itself is gorgeous - but personally I find that the black iris stands out too much against the light color... so most of my dolls have darker eyes :) (I've been just too lazy to get some brown eyes for Cory... lol)