1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

2008 Fairyland NaNuRi gift head

Jun 16, 2008

1. I tend to prefer dark eyes, too, but I rather like those, for my nanuri 08.

2. I was thinking about this and I think it will really depend on the faceup he's given. There I think they're FAR too pale, but if you gave him a darkish faceup and (like for my Nanuri) black hair, the light eyes would really pop. I like the black hair and light eyes combo, so I'm contemplating whether I really want to buy him dark eyes or not.

3. does anyone have pics of 16mm eyes in the nanuri head?

4. Ask and though shalt receive! My nanu just rolled in. i love!! <3

Nanu08 with 16mm's!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The run down, i tried a pair of 20mm in his head thinking they were 18's...definatly too big, wouldnt fit in his eye well.

18mm's fit, great if you want a nice, easy going and doe eyed look!

16mm's (look above) are wonderful size...my favorite thus far, its a good meld of doe eye'd and realistic sized eyes...

14mm's are nice looking too, but you have to find the right half back eyes. I tried Volks 14mm acrylics and they fit and look nice...but if postioned wrong im sure it would make him/her look startled. I just dont like the volks 14mm acrylics because they have a ring around the iris that just looks weird to me. (for reference the eyes were chinatsu defaults)

5. SOOOOOO my next question is...his head looks small on a Luts boy body...and still out of proportion on a boy B&G body. What body do people suggest then?

He appears to wear an 7-8 wig...and 16's are my eyes of choice...but will i have to mod a girl body to give him a body with the right proportions??? :| *dreads lots of work*

I'm going to wander off and borrow my girl body and see the proportions on her and see what i think then. :P

6. Dollzone 60CM boy body (at least the original one...dont know if Floy has the same one or not) is WAAAAAY to bulky for him...:/ my search goes on.

7. I'll try AOD... The neck circumference, according to the website, is the same as DZ 60cm girl, which is absolutely perfect. Let's hope it works!

He'll have pretty broad shoulders, but that's not something I'll mind at all. ^_^

Edit to add: Feeple girl body sadly looks ridiculous with that head, imo. So does the CP boy body, and the male Domuya D-60's neck is too short. -_-;

8. I have my Nanuri on a Delf body and it looks fine. It just depends on whether you like the melon-head aesthetic better. ;)

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

I'm not really having any problems with the head size except compared with other dolls. My friend's School C (big head!) makes him look like a pinhead. Otherwise, with wig and clothes the Delf body is fine.

[​IMG]

Pic with 16mm eyes too:
      [​IMG]

9. I'll look into the AOD body. :D

Yeah thats what i was figuring...that with clothes and a wig he doesnt look too bad. Especially if he's wearing a poofy wig like a fur wig! :)

10. I still think the neck is too wide compared to his jaw line, but I have no problem sanding a neck down to look better.

11. I tend to prefer realistic adult proportions, so small heads are best for me!

What bugged me about a Nanuri head on a Delf boy body is just how much I could see the round top of the neck. It happened whenever I'd **** the head a little, and the neck also looked like some sort of perch since it was too long. My body is a version one, though, and yours, Kittywolf13's, looks better.

Edit: looks like "cocking" is too vulgar a verb for DoA, so let's say "whenever I'd tilt his head"?

12. That one posted isnt mine...mines only a rolling head, though he could essentially borrow my Nanuri06, Ringo's body from time to time if he choses. :P

13. :doh Sorry, I meant Armeleia! (That'll teach to write messages when I'm tired...)

14. It's ok! im sure there wont be any insult. :P its a pretty silly thing to get upset over. *hugs* :D

15. Yep, he's on a type 2.... my understanding is that the type 2 boy neck is a little thinner than type 1 boy and I think the girl type 2 is a little thicker... so the boy and girl necks are a little closer in girth so they can share heads between genders more easily? Not sure if that's actually true, but it's my guess! The type 2 body is also a little shorter and slimmer than the type 1 in general.

No problem about the name, and I laughed a little at the forum's censor of your post! ;) Thanks for editing to add what you had been trying to say - I forgot that DoA censors that word, and my brain was rapidly plugging in all of the Forbidden Four Letter Words I could think of and going "she was WHATing the head?!!?"

16. I was thinking that too. "like what is she saying??"

17. Yeah... I can just imagine all the questionable 4-letter things you could see me do to the poor head...:sweat
      Thank you so much for the details!

I'm not sure I'll go for the AOD boy body in the end... The measurements differ from the body's sales page to the dolls' sales page. I'd be glad with a 9-9,5cm neck circumference, but 10cm might be too much? I dunno...

18. Damn. That's what I was planning on buying for him. Did you get a chance to try him out on it? I don't suppose you got photos... *Looks wistful* I, too, will be buying 16mms, as I have found I like that size the best in him.

Man, I leave this thread alone for a couple weeks and the posting on the Nanuri blossoms. XD

armeleia-- Lol I was doing this same thing and just squinting at the post thinking, "Wait... what?" :lol I don't suppose you have any sans-clothes photos of the Type 2 body with the Nanuri head, for proportion's sake? If the DZ body won't work, than I'm back at the drawing board, so any photos of the Nanuri '08 with different (naked) bodies would help. ^_^

19. No unfortunatly i didnt get any pics of him. O_O;; but the dz neck was way bigger then the nanu's neck opening....he looked pin headed...if i can cox my Gail to part with his body once more...i may try and hook up poor nanu again just for the sake of a shot or two.

20. Kittywolf13-- That'd be great, but if you can't, that's fine. ^_^ I'll take your word for it.

Well, I guess this is a good thing... It means I don't have to worry about him taking my money any time soon!!

Didn't Fairyland try the head out on any of the bodies, or what? XD You'd think they would've at least made it so it didn't look too small on their own bodies, if nothing else.