1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

2008 Fairyland NaNuRi gift head

Jun 16, 2008

1. You would think that... but maybe their logic is that they're giving it away free, so it doesn't matter? It seems that all of the CP nanuri and Juri heads have been a little off... Nice, but not something they think they could sell? I happen to love a lot of them, though.

2. Maybe; sounds plausible enough to me. XD And I loved last year's and he fit fine on the a Delf boy body. I'll have to see if RayRay is willing to bring her '07 up to my school sometime so I can see if the '08 works as well. He doesn't look that bad with wig and clothes in armelia's photos, but I'd like to be sure before I go planning to buy something that expensive for him.

3. yay, my fairyland order is finally shipping!! so i'll get to poke around at my own little nanuri head. :3

i'm actually rather fond of my jrui '06 head, both in terms of size and expression, so if this head is ab out that size, even if it's smaller than the usual delf head, i think i'd keep. it. X3 i think it makes the proportions a bit more realistic, as long as the neck doesn't look overly-large

4. I just got mine yesterday.

This head is even smaller than the Juri 06.

It's sort of halfway between an SD sized head and an MSD sized head... if I could find a 50-55cm boy body, I'd say that'd be good, make him kinda young. But that's not what I had in mind for the character, so I'm not sure what to do. I don't need another character XD

5. akkhima>> which of the shorter bodies would have a resin colour matching CP?

the fact that he suits a smaller build is exactly what i'm after (short guy XDDD).

6. I don't know... I don't even know of any companies currently making shorter SDs except Volks SD10s, and I don't think that resin matches.

Your best bet may be to do the modified Delf Girl Body route, for perfect resin match in either skintone.

7. If he's NS, then maybe an Obitsu boy body? I looked into it and found an old thread (maybe too old) that mentioned a good resin match between Obitsu WS and CP NS...

8. Really? Wow, darn it. I'd still love pics on a Type 2 Delf boy body if anyone has them, though. Small head or not, I still love the mould and I would love to find a body that FITS him without looking silly. ^^;

9. You know, I had the same problem with a Lupinus by Souldoll. His was a much smaller head than the other Souldoll heads and looked too small on the SD body. But I found the older Dolkot body was much more slender and looked perfect for him. Have the newer Dolkot bodies changed proportions any?

10. I wonder if an Angel Region body would work? Their boys are a little shorter and have a slimmer neck.

There's also Nobility Lie's body... he's 60cm, but the body is proportioned for a smaller head. (Nobility Lie's head is about MSD-sized from what I've heard.) No idea on resin match though.

I don't think Dolkot Kiss would work... the neck is a little shorter, but the girth is almost identical... and the body is a bit taller than the CP body.

11. I had the event nanuri head too :3 I already sent him for face up ~ His name is Aldon, and he's the son of the god of wolves, Cerbiurus. Aldon has a pink hair, and he doesn't fit in his fathers plans at all : D poor, poor Al.

12. Hmm... Angel Region is a possibility, I suppose. Is the resin match any good?

Edit: I know people were having trouble with AR a while back, does anyone know if this was resolved?

13. I think I'm just gonna make mine a girl... I've seen pics with it on a girl body and it looked just great. And I keep saying I need a girl....

14. yup i was curious about the ar body too. o.o; but i only have an big ar girl. :/ hmmm....i think the resin match is a bit off...but nothing blushing couldnt fix...

...maybe he will be a she, since he refuses to tell me his name. o.o

15. I actually have the previous year's head, which was equally tiny, on a Nobility Lie body. *nekkid WIP pic here* Size match is good--I think I'm going to pick up a neck mechanism to add to the body as the neck looks a bit short--but the resin match is atrocious. XD The body and head are both white skin, and while the head is the usual CP creamy pale white, the body...it's kinda lemon-meringue yellow. XDDD I'm not sure what colour a fresh-from-the-company doll would be, as I bought mine from a doll shop, but the certificate that came with it listed a manufacturing date of mid 2007 IIRC...so if it yellowed it was darn quick yellowing. XD I've heard of some people getting reasonable NS matches, but apparently Nobility resin is a bit hit-or-miss, as I've also heard of others having very yellow dolls from them, like mine.
      As I already have one hybrid using that body in the house I don't think I'll be going for another. I will be trying this year's head on the Type 3 body I have, which is smaller than the Type 2, but if that doesn't look good...dunno what I'm going to get....

16. acanthiel-- Thanks for the heads up. Yeah, I'm kind of in the "Trouble" boat now, as I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I can't make him a girl because the only reason he's sticking around is to be a male character. XD So that's out. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a decent resin match somewhere that doesn't make him look like a pinhead. XP

Any luck on the Delf Type 2 Boy body? I know armeleia mentioned with clothes and wig it works, but what about with wig and less frilly clothes? Or no clothes? (No offense meant! It's just that my boy will end up going sleeker, and not period-costume. :sweat )

17. Once mine arrives I can take pics of it on both the Type 2 and Type 3 bodies with normal clothes on...or no clothes, too, if you like. XD

18. woo! i got one of these beautiful heads and can't wait to get her a body and spoil her... XD

anyway...did some comparison photos for everyone to check out. sorry if the pictures are a little dark, but it was gloomy and raining out today...

someone mentioned the match between the obitsu ws and cp ns. i compared the head to the most recent ws obitsu head i have...the head is several months old and has been sitting out for a bit, but not in direct light. the headcap and the rest of the head are now two different colors and both are not an exact match for the nanuri, but i think the match is okay.
      [​IMG]

here's a comparison to my 2006 juri.
      [​IMG]

and here's two shots on my juri's type 1 cp girl body (unknown year and has possibly yellowed):
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

more photos are here and include wigged shots, eyes (all 16mm with 8-9mm irises) and size comparisons with the 2006 and 2007 juri heads.

observations:

the head is definitely smaller than either of the juri heads i compared it to. per my measure, roughly 8 3/8" around and the 8-9" wigs i tried on fit quite well, if a little loose in some instances.

i only have 16 and 14mm eyes to try in it and found that the 16mm fit perfect. the 14mm are way too small, plus the pair i tried have irises the same size as the 16mm eyes. (i didn't take any pictures because i only just thought to try the 14s, but can take some upon request.) if you see any gaps in the photos of the eyes, it's because they're just sitting in the sockets instead of being properly placed.

the head looks fine on the type 1 girl body, but i would not recommend putting it on the type 1 bodies. i have difficulty closing the headcap as the donut gets in the way. also, the thicker neck doesn't allow for the head to look up too well. i think it's a much more realistic head to body proportion, so not quite so pinhead as it could be.

anyway, hope this helps anyone looking at getting this head or options for one they already have!

19. fenris>> thanks!! i found those pictures quite helpful! :3

also, your juri'06 looks pretty cute! X3 mine's to be a boy, though he's not been painted yet (i procrastinate way too much ;D).

20. Ooh, yes, thanks so much! It's making me feel much better about making it a girl!