1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

2010 Pipos Pi Basic Release + Limited Pi Re-releases

Jul 14, 2010

1. I'm not really a fan of the face-up style this year, but I think it looks really nice on Curo and Mac! (Gray Mac is precious! <3)

Congratulations to everyone who got a limited or one of these new basics!

2. Oh man, I love all the basic Pi ; ^; I love Pipos so much! Their face-ups look like a mesh between Docshul's and Johann's styles (it doesn't say, though) They make me want sculpts instantly <3

3. I'm really surprised how much I like the face-ups (I always get dolls without the face-up, but maybe not this time...). I agree that it makes me want them instantly, even the molds I wasn't even considering! I can barely resist. I think Pipos did a great job, but wow is that dangerous!

Did anyone get a "Missing You" set?

4. I posted on the Pipos Q&A to ask how long the Basics will be sold, and they told me they will be available for about six months this time. YAY! :D What a relief!

5. mince; I did get Autumn Season Baha from the "Missing You" -selection!

6. YAY they've released star cheshire in basic! Gah, I'm so excited :D I wasn't sure they ever would, but wow, this makes me so happy :)

7. Amazing! Congratulations! Thanks for sharing, it is really nice to know that someone in the forum snagged one of those super limited cuties. Congrats and I'm sure that I'm not the only one who would enjoy arrival pictures when you get your Autumn Baha. :aheartbea

Sweet! Six months? I am definitely getting a Beige Heero now, so much time! Thanks for sharing the info.

8. Six months? Really? wow I wanted to do a layaway payment but now... mmmm....

so the 2 months layaway works like this right?

1st payment as you order
      second payment: one month after
      third and final payment the following month...

right?

9. Exactly =D

I put my Baha on layaway and thats how they told me it should be done =O

10. I ordered a Basic Curo. :) :) I've wanted her a long time! :)

11. Wow I really like Heero! She is so cute!
      For those of you that have bought from Pipos:

How long is the time from your purchase to the doll arriving at home? (I will be buying directly, no layaway)

And where are your favorite places to buy clothes for these little guys?

Thanks!

12. well it depends Hippolovergurl, I ordered a Pipos Charlotte on June 8th. The manufacturing time was 40 days, I ordered my Charlotte without faceup and she was shipped on July 12th... she is currently almst home... just held by the darn postal workers who didn't want to deliver her before the weekend >.< (yes I am a bit sore about that)

13. Oh I would be too!
      Hmm well that doesn't sound like too awful of a wait. I was hoping they weren't one of those 4+ months of waiting doll companies *_*

14. no they are within their waiting time which is a-ok with me :)
      I wanted a Heero in white... I would have bought her in an instant so I am a bit dispointed with the beige color... does someone have a picture how the white and beige look next to each other?

15. Hmm, I don't like those cats with very wide mouths, Baha, I think, but Bao :D And Charlotte and Demon Basic! I might make an exception and start collecting animal dolls! I love their elegant little claws. The Cheshire cats...not so much. I like their mouths with those razorsharp teeth, but the eyes look weird. Then again, you can achieve a lot with different faceups.

16. I'm awfully excited to see these new releases myself. I'm just curious though - do the faces look a bit different to anyone else? It could just be me, but the new Baha's face looks different than my Baha, who's an older one with the less jointed body. Maybe its just the face up, but I know sometimes re-releases of dolls do look a little different sometimes. At any rate - I love ALL of them and would love to just indulge my love of Pipos. I can't wait to see everyone's new dolls when they get them.

17. I'm not certain, but I'm assuming Baha's face sculpt is the same as before. I think the wide mouth just appears to be more widened because of the newly emphasized faceup. I'll admit that I didn't care for Baha's wide mouth when Baha was first released (wow, that feels like a million years ago), but after handing some truly adorable Bahas in person, I've come to appreciate this unique quirk! And I'm not even a cat person, so that's really saying something! :lol:

18. I'm not much of a Baha fan but i have grown to love him and own 3, basic '09 Baha in gray, Pirate Baha & Maestro Baha .

19. animedolls, you are the Pipos queen!

Speaking of Baha, I really enjoyed this month's newsletter: Pipos Community, July Edition

It makes sense that baha is based on a Persian cat, I can totally see it now! I also love this baha: Pipos Picnic Story

Yeah Pipos! :aheartbea

20. mince, thanks for linking that interview! I hadn't seen it before, and I really enjoyed reading it. The people at Pipos are so friendly and wonderful. :)