1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

2019 doll plans!

Nov 8, 2018

?

Doll Plans

Poll closed Jan 2, 2019.
  1. Buying New Dolls

43.7%
  2. Paying Layaways

22.2%
  3. Focusing on Current Dolls

78.4%
  4. Sculpting

13.8%
  5. Creating Clothing/Eyes/Etc.

55.7%
  6. Other

15.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    1. I'm probably focusing on my current dolls. Several need mods so that'll be my next project. I am tempted to add, because I've got a couple of ideas floating in my head but I'll see how far I get with everything else first

3. There are definitely a few dolls that I would buy if they come up for sale, but for the most part my goals for 2019 involve making an incredibly complicated outfit for one of the dolls I have.

4. I discovered the joys of historical sewing last summer, so I'll try and make my soulkid girl a few more historically appropriate outfits! The 1880s stuff is fun, and it fits her so well. It's tremendously rewarding to finish a complicated multi-piece outfit like that...

Otherwise, I'd LIKE the doll I ordered last summer to come so I can work on *her*... and I think I'll use christmas monies to order one of the lovely new MYOU girls, just not sure if I want an MSD or a YOSD. They should keep me busy, when I'm not wrangling school or whatever. ^.^

5. @rebeccag12363 - your historical sewing project sounds really cool!

Since I somehow ended up buying 3 secondhand dolls in 2018 (!?!? This has been such a weird year, I never spend that much on dolls) I'm going to focus on faceups, making clothes, and purchasing wigs, eyes, and shoes. (Especially poor Declan, he's wearing Vesper's clothes and is barefoot.)

The only new doll parts I plan to buy are an extra 09 head for my DDdy (so I can give her a second faceup style) and some extra wrist joints. I might also put her on a DDS body (if I can ever make up my mind).

6. Biggest thing is we're hoping for a big move soon, which hopefully means a dedicated space for my supplies and dolls again. Getting my lot on display as a full group will be fantastic.
      Hopefully this means my big Sooms can come back out and get some much needed touching up (my old Chrom will be ten by the end of the year!), outfits, etc.

Mostly though, I'm hoping to get back to posting at a more regular rate after a few years off.

7. 2018 is officially the year that bjd's became a part of my everyday life, and I've finished the year a bit stronger than I intended with regards to buying. I'm saving up for a body for one of my heads in the Spring, but otherwise, I intend to enjoy what I have (and have coming in the mail) for the foreseeable future. This entails:

* character finalization for two
      * clothing for three
      * accessories for one in particular

And lots of research for a time period that still has a lot to teach me, despite my prior interest. My plans are to sew most of the clothing myself, though shoes are something I'm happy to buy if I see the right thing. Accessories will either be handmade, or sourced in places where vintage/antique goods are sold. The only things I'm definitely planning to purchase are wigs, since I don't have much in the sizes I've expanded to.

One of the things that I didn't vote on in the survey, but which will definitely feature in my personal plans is downsizing other collections to make room for the bjd hobby. In this case, I mean both physical and financial room. The agony and ecstasy of a tiny house is the need to constantly curate ones belongings. I've put off some of my downsizing for years, so it's time.

8. I just got into the hobby in 2018, but I haven't been able to do much since I've been pretty busy, so for 2019 I'd like to get more active! I want to get some more clothes for the boy I have (and maybe learn to sew?) and take him out for photo shoots. I tried wig making once, which was a disaster, so maybe in 2019 I'll give that another go. I want to attempt face ups, too, if the weather here will ever cooperate.

I'd also love to get another doll, and I'm just trying to figure out who. My boy seems a little lonely on my shelf, and I think he'd appreciate some company.

9. Buying a doll for myself as a wedding present.

10. I was able to get a head start on 2019 already.:dance
      I recently purchased a Sdgr girl body for my Volks FCS F-73 head. The body should arrive shortly after the new year. I’m very excited about that. She is still very much a work in progress though. I plan on completing her, along with my Volks Sdgr sunlight F-16 boy, who is still in need of a new faceup.

My goals for 2019 is to try and focus on my current resin muses, sew more, focus on art, and photography. Since space is limited, I’m allowing myself to adopt one more doll in the new year. I miss my woosoo’s that I sold a few years ago, and would love having a classic Luts cerebus project delf around to sew for again. :chibi

I’m looking forward to being more active in the hobby in 2019.

11. I've decided to come back and update this since 2019 is almost here and my plans have solidified a little more than they were in November.

I no longer need a sculpt to shell the one character. Instead, I've decided to mod a head I already have here. I've taken down his sale listing and put him with the other three floating heads. I have not started his mods yet because I'll have to do it outside and it's cold, so I prefer waiting until spring.

The two bodies I was waiting on showed up, and the head for the floating body also showed up, so I will need to buy five bodies for the remaining heads (and the one incoming). One of those bodies is already ordered and should be here in the first quarter of the year.

The extra floating head that I wanted to order might need to be put on hold as the company's ordering page says 'out of stock' now. If he shows up in the Marketplace, I may grab him, but I'm moving it back on the priority list.

I've added one small doll to my wishlist, but I am still waffling on it mostly because I'm not sure if the character lives or dies, and I don't shell dead characters. If I decide to get it, it will be after I get the bodies for the other dolls.

The big thing I've added is a photo project to keep myself busy all year. The first 3/4 of the year, I'll post a photo of a different doll each week along with a short character bio and my plans for him/her/them. I'll especially be focusing on the short-term plans because, during the last 1/4 of the year, I'll post group photos of 2-4 dolls and give an update on my progress with them. Some dolls need more done than others, but even the few I consider 'finished' could have a new outfit or something. I'd like to do something with each one this year, and I thought this would be a fun way to share what I'm doing.

12. 2019 Doll Plans
      1. Pay off my layaway on RingDoll Jade-B (6 months)
      2. Find the right outfit/shoes/wig/eyes combo for Velvet, my WITHDoll Ivy
      3. Invest in a higher end camera for doll photography

This list is tentative and subject to change, but I figured keeping it short for now would help me actually achieve these goals for the new year!

13. My plan for 2019 is Not to buy more dolls ( i know it will be really hard but i will try), also to get a body for my floating head.
      Make clothing for my dolls and make some accesores for them.
      Take and share photos of them and mostly have fun.

14. 2018 wasn't... the BEST year for me when it comes to goals. I had only one big goal, which to bring home my "main character" Portobello. Instead, I bought too many tiny anthros.
      • Bring home Portobello (for real this time)
        • Order Argodoll plus-size body for her
        • Sell Dollshe 26F body once it gets here (nearing a year wait lol)
        • Order Foveo GellaB head
        • Dye GellaB to match Argodoll body
      • Fix Colette!
        • Her head magnets been messed up for months... Fix it!
      • Downsize my tinies
        • Sell Brioche
        • Sell Colette (maybe) (Might reshell her for Dorathy H.)
        • Sell one Zuzu Delf (maybe)
      • Start decorating Room Box for tinies (green carpet, wallpaper, plastic flowers)
      • Mod Magnolia (wider eyes for GEM of Doll Hallea)
      • Buy hard shell doll carrier (maybe a modded violin case)
      • Spend sensibly!
        • Don't buy so much clothes! Only what you need (ie. shoes for Portobello).
        • Try sewing more clothes.
        • Put cash aside for Volks Dolpa event and San Diego BJD con

15. My hopes for the new year 2019 are pretty much what I wished for this year - to get on with working on the dolls that I already have instead of buying new ones - both because of the lack of space and because I really need to upgrade my work computer this year...
      I am finishing my layaway for Agnes from Souldoll soon, so I will have at least one dolly arrival this year anyway.

As I noticed that I have an internal block whenever I lack some specific material, or I am unsure how to make/design a specific detail of a project I intend to start this year other projects simultaneously and will alternate between them depending on what feels right to work on at a certain time.

16. I have 2 dolls coming the next 2-4 months so I'll be mostly focusing on them to get all styled up! I am also planning on ordering a Dollmore kid head and hybriding it with another body since I like more mature bodies. Needs to be a perfect fit so I am in no rush, so it'll end up for the end of the year probably or once I'm happy with my current dolls.

17. I'm starting off the new year waiting on two dolls! A Fairyland F60 Erda and a Doll Chateau Sharon. The only planned purchase is a body for my Distant Memory Jaeii head. Any other dolls that make there way home will be impulse buys or must have newly released dolls. I really want to focus on my current collection without adding any others. I have a few that need a faceup. Wigs and clothing are always needed. I have big plans for my Doll Chateau girl and can't wait to start working on her.

18. If I'm able to do anything, I hope to focus on my current dolls - faceups, mods, bodies, selling and reshelling. That all depends on life, though!

19. I am going to try to focus on my current collection. I am running out of characters to shell. XD So now I want to focus on "finishing" any face ups, matching floating heads with a body, and getting everyone clothed. I'd also love to be able to get rid of things that don't fit my dolls styles.

20. Well I've been waiting quite some time for peakswoods to release their blue Grey skin again so I can order my hunky dorry. Hope they will release it soon. And I also need a dream valley body(the male one with 3 arms) for my incoming Yeon bee head.
      Besides that I don't have many "buying" plans. Maybe ad a peakswoods dotty Muse or Mori moth head to the list. But not in a hurry with those two.

I mainly want to focus on finishing the dolls I already have. The past few months have been very busy and together with bad face up weather, so I have a bunch of half finished face ups sitting around.
      Hope 2019 will be a less humid year!