1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

2019 doll plans!

Nov 8, 2018

?

Doll Plans

Poll closed Jan 2, 2019.
  1. Buying New Dolls

43.7%
  2. Paying Layaways

22.2%
  3. Focusing on Current Dolls

78.4%
  4. Sculpting

13.8%
  5. Creating Clothing/Eyes/Etc.

55.7%
  6. Other

15.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    1. Eleven years into the hobby, I own a modest 9 dolls. I don't really have a wishlist anymore, I own all my grails. Okay, so I do wish I had bought a RealPuki Popo while they were still available (imagine sobbing and gnashing of teeth ) the goal for this year is to finally made a 70cm scale Egyptian throne room diorama. I plan to make Queen Hetepheres throne, and a lot of Egyptian jewelry, I already have a lot of suitable props so it is really just getting off my tockiss and making the throne... I have the loveliest piece of mahogany all ready prepared for it.

2. The biggest wish is to get k-doll kayan!!!
      And selling some doll bodies and clothes, these things are taking up too much space of my room.

3. I'm loving reading everyone's doll plans, my plans are to complete all the dolls I have and get bodies for all my floating heads (I have way too many lol).

I doubt I'll stick to it especially if I can get my hands on any of the sculpts I've been adoring from afar lol x

4. I'm planning to finally get the 'wallpaper' up in the rooms I made for my MSD's (two stacked IKEA Besta frames) and make them look like actual rooms. I only have one doll that I would like to round out my collection. I will hopefully finally expand all of their wardrobes.

5. my plans for this year:
      • finish paying off my merrydollround bunyol
      • faceups for lillycat ninon and fairyland soony
      • new body for soony?
      • wigs wigs wigs!
      • shoes for everyone (i keep putting it off bc bjd shoes suuuuuuuck)
      • dollchateau bella?
      • start a 1/4 diorama
      (please pray for my wallet)

6. Okay (sorry for the listing.... I need to make myself accountable).

2019 Dolly Plans! These are dolls I own. I don’t plan to buy any unless it’s reshelling Ciro & replacing Mirodoll bodies (is it me or do some have one leg longer than the other?!)

#206 Spuggey, Jan 9, 2019
      Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    7. I'm not certain I'll be getting another doll this year, but I plan on keeping an eye out for second-hands of my wishlist dolls.

I do however want to finish my RS Song (Patric). I've got some piercings to redo and a full body of tattoos to design that I've been putting off for a long time. I also want to sew him a new shirt or find one that looks close enough to what I want.

8. In 2019, I hope I can play with the doll more happily and buy my dream doll. I also wish you can play with the doll more happily! Ha ha.

9. In 2019 I want to finally get my first BJD. Been into the hobby for years but only as a bystander. I'd like to pick one skill set to focus on related to dolls and actually follow through with it. I tend to make a hobby out of collecting hobbies and then losing focus.

10. My wish list for this year: any dolls in special skin from SOOM or Peakswoods, I really like green or red or grey skin! Hope I can finish my special skin doll collection this year!

11. -By doll-
      End-of-year recap edit

Gailan:
      Find new shell head #4 success -Dollshe Arsene

Uriah:
      Tattoo jointed hands 90%
      New eyes yep
      New body...? (Probably keep mooching Sadhinne's for now) body ordered and paid for... in other words, yes, still mooching off Sadh.
      New longer wig...? nope
      Make backpack nope
      Make new hoodie and jeans 50%
      Finish guitars 30%

Lysander:
      Blush/tattoo new body nope
      Buy colour-matched jointed hands found some that will work with blushing
      Add a few more locks to wig want to make new one now
      Finish faceup yes, but... want to try diff style.
      Piercings done

Gladys:
      New improved fringe going without til further notice
      Jointed hands? nope, never chose any
      Tint dye wig nope
      Heel feet? nope...
      Make bikini nope

Gunther/Ori:
      Seam sanding yes!
      Body blush heckin yes
      Posing improvements yep
      Jointed hands haven’t found any suitable
      Gunther's wig well... I made a cap... then lost it.
      New eyes yes!
      Clothing one outfit.

Sadhinne:
      Apoxie neck doughnut nope
      Posing improvements yep
      Seam sanding nope
      Body blush nope
      New eyes yep
      Buy shoes nope
      Make wig made wig cap
      Clothing does a pair of newborn pants pinned at the waist count?

-General-
      Sell the extra parts 80%
      Finish dorm room diorama nope
      Make props - earbuds, magazines, notebooks, food, vinyl records, lighters, video games...? made some good props!
      Photostories one.
      Doll profiles nope

#211 Havra, Jan 11, 2019
      Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    12. I would like to spend time this year focusing on my current dolls.
      I have two boys in need of faceups.
      I have to finish the faceup on my DFA ShuShu. (I have so much hate for eyebrows)
      I'd also like to try to work on some of my little event/pet dolls
      Wigs! I'm determined to make or find wigs. Much like everyone else I have that one doll that nothing works for.
      I'm also going to make time to sew.

Best of luck to everyone on their list. Happy new year! :)

13. It's a lot of what I was trying to do last year but got side tracked on.
      • Figure out what I am doing with Lati Yellow Sophie head.
      • Possibly buy a Resinsoul Yu.
      • Try to get a faceup for my Angelreigon Bada.
      • Find a way to display my dolls
      • Go to more meetups if meet ups in my area become a thing

14. I guess if I want to get anything done, I should write down specifics beyond "work on existing dolls" lol
      FID Lawrence: see how well his head and hands fit on the Granado Lucifer msd I got this year. I didn't get the right resin color (ugh), but if the fit is bad it won't matter. I really like my Lawrence but I'm growing to hate his body and it keeps me from doing more with him.

Granado Lucifer: see how well his head and hands fit on the Iplehouse body. He also needs some kind of a face-up and some hair. I'm feeling a little cool toward him, but I also haven't had a chance to do anything with him, so there you go.

Lumedoll Atik: decide if he's going on the sell list or not. He's been in his box for over a year now, and in the meantime I'm starting to drift away from super-realistic sculpts. On the other hand, if I get rid of him I probably won't find another, so I shouldn't be hasty. Leaning toward sell, though, as I kind of want to reshell that character anyway...

Mystic Kids Tremmell hybrid: swap out his "good enough" hybrid Soom legs with the leg parts I actually wanted from the start, which looks like it's going to happen this year. Redo his face-up, because yikes. Come up with a tail and/or wings, and finally glue the magnets into his horns so he can wear them.

AoD Chi hybrid: desperately needs a new face-up. Needs a wig, either feathers or Leicester wool, I'm thinking? The sleek synthetic wig I originally got him doesn't suit his personality as it turns out. Also it's too heavy. Make him a neck donut, as the neck of his DC body is so skinny. Also needs restrung and wired because he's a heap of kicking sticks at the moment. Also needs a more suitable outfit. Either full-on biblical angel robes or white pants and business casual shirt. Gold accessories of some sort.

Luts Pine: Needs a face-up. She has a slight Dobby the House-Elf vibe going right now, and it's dire.

DZ Benjamin hybrid: Redo his face-up as I made a hash of it the first time. Tailor his wig. Find a more in-scale jacket, pants that are long enough, and proper boots that don't look like clown shoes.

Dream Valley Vine hybrid: Decide whether to keep or sell. This is a good hybrid, but it's just using the spares from Benjamin. I'm more attached to the DZ body than the Vine head, but if I keep the body it'll need a dye job for the character I'd want it for, which I've never done.

Batchix Mini Machina Delta: needs restringing badly, and probably wiring. Could use a better wig, too.

BH Steve: needs all the work. Sanding, face-up for his blank plate, better wig, dedicated outfit.

DH-A Anthony/MYou hybrid: needs proper clothes. I was originally planning on having him be panda themed, but now he's shaping up to be more of a Bugsy Malone style gangster, though still with the black and white theme. So I may make a casual outfit that's at least in his color scheme. Maybe by the time I'm done outfitting everyone else I'll be practiced enough to make him a little three piece suit like he wants. He's gonna need an in-scale violin case and/or tommy gun as well.

Dearmine Nocturne: if I decide to put together that Asriel cosplay for him (yeah yeah, I know) he'll need alternate feet and horns, and I'll need to make some longer ears for him. He still has the company face-up, which I'll be leaving alone until I'm way better at painting than currently. Maybe that can be 2020 goals.

Summerbird Viola: not here yet, but will need clothes, a wig which I'm already eyeing fiber for, eyes. Also need to decide if I want to use the faceplate it comes with or blush one of my extra Unoa plates to match.

Unoa 1.5 boy: Needs stringing, as he's currently disassembled. Needs an outfit and character. He was too good a deal to pass up, but I feel bad about how little I've actually done with him.

DF-H Qing Lang: also not here yet, but will need a face-up at the very least.

Jeez, do I really have 15 dolls??? It doesn't feel like that many until you make a list. That just cements that I need to get my existing crew where I'd like them to be before I worry about adding any new resin. So much easier to come up with projects than it is to follow through on them.

15. guess i should finally make a post here...
      basically none of my goals last year got completed, they either just didn't get done, or changed completely! all i did was a faceup lol.

charlotte needs the most work out of all my dolls, clothes, mods, props, god knows what else she might need in the future... i won't list everything here as i do have a project thread for her, just the main things
      • finish her body mods + touch up her ears
      • finish her main outfit
      • commission a nice alpaca wig to replace her current cheapo ebay one. i will need a white wig and a more disheveled version of her normal wig in the future but i'll leave those for next year
      • have at least a completed draft of all her weapons, hopefully her main weapons will be done
      • get her a nice new pair of normal eyes

i love this girl! she was one of the dolls i really liked when i started to get interested in bjds so she holds a bit of a special place in my heart. i'm glad (and lucky!) that i got to own her! theres not a whole lot to do with her honestly
      • i want this girl to have a full wardrobe. lots of cute dresses are in her future
      • work up the courage to wipe her old faceup and give her one of my own
      • maybe buy a new body? i like the aesthetic and height of the rs body, the the posability just isn't doing it for me. my favourite options so far are: loongsoul's B-G42-01, ALM's 43cm body, and dream valley's B4-02. i like the loongsoul body the best but the wait time is putting me off... i think their white resin is more pink toned too... i might have to start looking at male bodies to mod (oh god not again), it's a little hard to find thin, rectangular female bodies.
      • blush whatever body she ends up with
      • i might mod her ears a little. maybe make them a little more batty to match her nose?

i want lilith to have a friend so i dug up an old character to create this girl! i'm not sure of where i want to take her just yet, so i'll probably update with more goals during the year.
      • eyes and wig
      • horn mods
      • design/find clothes for her that i like (i can see her in very boxy, sharp clothes)

here's to a productive year for us all!

16. I am not planning to buy any dolls this year, though there are many I wouldn't mind owning.
      I have taking such a back seat concerning sewing and making things for my current BJDs that I don't think I could cope with getting one more unless one left my collection.

So back to my 2018's projects that never got finished or even started!
      1. F60: vest, Beanies, medieval top, medieval shirt with decorations.
      2. Twigling/TL3: legwarmers, pullovers, jeans, dresses, hats, winter hat, wipe off her face up, new face up, dreadlock wig with beads.
      3. Timeless Body: shoes, boots, beach bracelets, tight top, tight vest, space tights, space headwear, space top.
      4. Feeple65: tighten fire wig, winter hat with long sides and pompom, long pullover, jacket, long-ish knitwear dress, skirt to wear with leggings, cheerful hood, brown shorts for steampunk outfit, weapon holder, steampunk/cyberpunk weapon, goggles/glasses.
      5. DC: boots, shoes, sandals, 'back/butt cover', wig, tops.
      6. MSD: leggings, jeans/trousers, a basic top, skirt, sandals, dentelle shorts, wig, grey boots.
      7. YOSD: Halloween pyjama set, Halloween sweatshirt pyjama, short white wig, LTF new face up.
      8. Super tiny: shoes, boots, coat.
      9. Improve on face-ups.
      10. Tackle 'how to make boots'
      11. Tackle 'how to make wigs'.
      12. Tackle 'how to make eyes'.
      13. Tackle ''how to make a head with multiple eyes".
      14. Tackle 'how to make a BJD".
      Aim: SciFi outfit for Timeless body, outfit for TL3, Steampunk outfit for F65, 'cool' outfit for B60-005, Woodman/Archer/Medieval outfit for F60.

17. I’m working on my sculpt! I’m completely new to the hobby, so I don’t even own a BJD that I didn’t make:whee:

18. Hm, I have a lot to do. Most of my boys need wigs and face ups, so I need to practice and actually get it done.

I’m thinking about redoing at least part if not all of my Resinsoul Mings face up as well.

I also need to start sewing, luckily they do have some clothes I’ve gotten for them in the meantime.

I’m modding my islanddoll Aggie Mirodoll hybrid right now but it’s been pretty slow going.

I’m hoping my two that I’ve ordered Dollzone KeAi and Dollfamily-h Takumi Kazama head arrive soon so I can start working on them too.

I intend to purchase a telesthesia&dragon Qingniusheng by the end of the year and an Akagidoll 66cm that I will need to airbrush tan for my Takumi head.

I also have a lot of jewelry making supplies and charms, I’d like to put some things together for all of them.

#218 ArcaneKnight, Feb 14, 2019
      Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    19. I have two characters planned for this year, with the head of one of the characters on the way right now! I recently finished both my current dolls to the point where they can be considered complete, so I was ready to shell my next girl. I'm so excited!

20. Once I get my first dolls, I'm planning on creating for them---tiny shoes and a comfortable place for them to be.