1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

2019 doll plans!

Nov 8, 2018

?

Doll Plans

Poll closed Jan 2, 2019.
  1. Buying New Dolls

43.7%
  2. Paying Layaways

22.2%
  3. Focusing on Current Dolls

78.4%
  4. Sculpting

13.8%
  5. Creating Clothing/Eyes/Etc.

55.7%
  6. Other

15.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    1. I hope to survive my first experience waiting months and months for a doll! :XD:

Past that- I’ve already broken out my old sculpting tools and picked up some pastels in case I decide to get creative or happen to pick up a blank doll (it’ll happen just as soon as I get my tax return) Basically I just want to learn more about the hobby while I ease back on some of my other hobbies.

2. 2019 was my official entry into the hobby with my first BJD arriving last month! For the rest of the year, I plan to slowly get her more clothes and such. Ideally, I want her to have an outfit for each season, but that's just how I am with things. I also plan to help my girlfriend buy her first BJD later this summer!

3. So many plans! My biggest doll-related priority this year is to finally get Tasia (OC) shelled. Other plans involve picking a MSD sculpt to be my RS Ya's college roommate/hipster Ariel, turning a hutch into two doll-rooms, recreating my favorite novel (The Blue Castle) in doll form, and finally getting everyone's SHOES. I can't believe they're all still barefoot after 5 years. Oh! And I just started an Etsy store selling wigs. So, I want to get better at that and possibly expand to eyes and shoes.

4. For 2019, I plan to buy one ip-Leonard and SDF65 Bory.
      I have 4 dolls now and my fav is Bory so I want to buy one more lol:whee:

5. I have a Seccretdoll Mong on the way, and I plan on making a room box for her.

I also want to spend time with my Doll Leaves Ida, I've had her character in mind for ages, but can't seem to get it right.

6. I have a few mod plans in the future. I have a lot of clothes and wigs I wanna buy

7. I can't believe it's 2019 already! I am definitely hoping to be more active in doa and I am also looking to sell one or two dolls that I just haven't connected with. Other than that, I'm definitely wanting to work on expanding the wardrobes of my dolls and maybe taking more photos of them.

8. I plan on getting a body for my coming DZ raymond head (still waiting on the head though), and I will start practicing faceup for the first time so I can finish my new dolls (dfa mx that just arrived yesterday, and my coming DZ Raymond)

9. Still waiting for all my dolls to come in but hopefully get them nice faceups and clothes that look wonderful! I might try making my own clothes but I have no patience.

10. it's been 2 months so i thought i'd give a little update on things!

charlotte:
      • nothing much has been done on her, i'm still waiting on her hands to come...
      • that said i'm making an adjustment to a goal i set in my previous post: i've decided to construct her armour with actual leather and given the expenses and time it will take to do that... there is absolutely no way i will finish her main outfit this year. so i'm just going to complete the clothing part of her outfit. hopefully i'll be able to at least have her cuirass done, but i'm not setting it as a goal.
      lilith:
      • i've bought her a few outfits! i'm they're for standard MSDs so they're a little big but i think they look cute!
      • i'm putting a ban on buying large amounts of resin for reasons so i'm now going to be modded her rs body to be double jointed. i liked this body anyway, so i'm not fussed, not looking forward to the extra work though. luckily, someone else on DOA did this exact same mod on this exact same body and posted a tutorial for it, so the hard work is mostly done.
      obsidian:
      • i've got her eyes and a wig! they're not permanent... her eyes are marbles and her wig is one of those super shiny ones meant for anime-styled dolls, but they work!
      • i'm going to have to mod her eyewells - even with marbles i'm still getting eye gapping... i'm also going to mod her eye shape in the process!
      • i haven't added her horns yet - i'm waiting for winter so i'll have a longer time to work on the milliput
      as for why i won't be buying any large amounts of resin.....
      i'm falling down into the deep dark abyss of vinyl dolls. i plan on buying an obitsu/parabox hime ane on their 40cm body in order to create a character from a game i like! i made like, a doll mood board i guess to help me figure out which one i wanted hopefully i'll be able to get her late april.

hopefully in my next update i've got a lot of exciting progress?

11. so, my actual Plan:

Finish Duncan: currently waiting on his body which should arrive next week, Wig is in the making and Outfit is also ordered^^

Finishing layaway with Ancient Dolls: last payment should be done in early April, so this will finally be finished, after she arrives, I will have to find a fitting character for her

Finish my Venitu: Currently waiting for his head, which seems so be on its way what feels like forever... I hate waiting. Also I have bought a lot of clothes for him (or in his size), so I will have to work out a good outfit for him

...well, and then I should maybe rethink my other dolls and finally start giving them face-ups XD

Actually I have no plans for more dolls atm, but in this hobby I'd like to say "never say never"

12. My 2019 plans are to buy my first BJD doll! If possible, of course. :lol:
      I'm not... too sure of what sculpt I'd want to buy or if I want to shell an OC... but I do have two dreamies on my list I'd love to buy...! The two I'm mainly looking at and would love to buy as my first BJD would either be Doll Family-H Yue Jian or Mystic Kids Francis SP. Really hoping for the best and that I get to own my first BJD within this year! :D

13. I don't think I can buy my first girl this year, but I try to. Anyway I will have full of my hands with my boy: he needs face up, a proper wig, body blush and some real trousers too. So better focus on him first.

14. Since we're coming to the end of March and the end of the first quarter of the year, I thought I'd take a look at my post on this thread and see how I'm coming with the plans and goals I made....

-get my Souldoll Robb painted and make him a decent outfit to replace the placeholder junk he's been wearing
      I did get him a faceup and it is absolutely glorious. I wish I would have ordered him blank in the first place instead of struggling to click with his company faceup for years! Still need to sew him something decent to wear though. And decide if I'm going to do a painted buzzcut or make him a new wig...

-finish modding my Granado Nightmare Boyd head, get him colormatched to the body I have for him and get his face painted, buy him eyes and new hands, make him a wig and something to wear
      Eye mods are finished! I also modded the neck of the Mirodoll 66cm body I have for him to make it a slightly better fit with his head, and did a pink dye bath on the body to de-yellow it, and restrung it after sueding it with actual suede. So lots of overhauling on his body. Also got him Iple SID hands. Still need to get him painted and do eyes/hair/clothes.

-finish the leg replacement mod on my Elfdoll Rita hybrid that I've been dragging out for absolutely ever because it takes a LOT of sanding and dremeling; restring her and buy her a new pair of eyes
      like 50% more done with this than I was when I made this original list...lol

-replace my Supia Muriel hybrid's super wonky Doll Family hands and do some body blushing on her
      bought the new hands. have not installed the new hands or done any of the body work yet.

-redo the tattoos on my Islanddoll Noah hybrid

-learn to make shoes; I've been wanting to do this anyway and now I have the perfect motivation in the form of an Iple girl with huge feet who can't wear any of the shoes in my kind of large shoe collection

I'd also like to continue improving my photography and my pattern-making skills, and to make some headway on the torn-apart travesty that is my art/sewing/doll room. It's in mid-renovation and it feels pretty chaotic and isn't the most user-friendly work space or a particularly nice setting in which to photograph my dolls and doll projects right now.
      art/doll room is currently completely gutted and unuseable AT ALL because I'm stripping the ancient and hideous 1960s linoleum that came with the house off of the concrete floor so I can put down an epoxy floor coating. hoping to have that done by the end of summer....

And then there's also the head I want to at least start on trying to sculpt....! I've made quite a number of very blobby, very ugly practice heads in the last year and a half, and I wanted to hopefully get at least the beginnings of a decent one made in this coming year..

-get my new, completely blank Angel of Dream Yuki painted, buy her eyes, make her a wig, and make her something to wear
      she's painted! and beautiful! and her wig is in progress. she still has no eyes and she's still naked. but she is started!

Overall, that's pretty decent progress I think...I'll have to check in again around midyear =)

15. So, my plans have changed. Again. Three months in...

I'm about finished with paying off that 6th head I was going to put on layaway, in my previous post [pg.8].

And, I've... started another layaway. :doh

On a full doll. :sweat

Though, the plan for this full doll is one that I've had in the works for the past 7 years. It's about time I got my backside into gear and did something about it!

I also plan on starting to make doll clothes, as well. So, not all bad!

16. I plan to buy a friend for my minifee, pay attention to doll photography, try wig making and make up^^

17. I figured I should give an update on my current progress for my 2019 doll plans! It's looking to be a very productive year after I accomplished almost nothing last year. :3nodding: I am focusing on my dolls a lot more now that I am almost done leaving another expensive hobby.

New
      • Order doll stands
        I can only fit three BJDs on their couch, so I will need quite a few for the remaining dolls that must stand and pose!
      Complete
      • Order Ringdoll's S (Finally! :D)
        He's currently on layaway (which is halfway done!) and I can't wait for him to arrive! I also put together a backstory for him and my female grail since they will be a couple. :abambi:

• Start watching Soom like a hawk. I really want to get one of their dolls (eventually).
        I immediately started doing this! I will be ordering Soom's ID75 Ender tomorrow. He's my first Soom doll and I'm so excited about it! I moved my cat boy to the Ender sculpt and I am thinking he will be perfect! He's definitely my most anticipated doll after my female grail. :whee: I wanted to create a doll of this character ever since I joined the hobby, and I will finally be able to do just that! It sort of feels like a dream to find the right sculpt for him after spending hours searching for the one. :dance

• Revisit each sculpt I want and determine whether I really want it and look over concepts for each one that does pass.
        I visited my wish list again and I actually shrunk it down to half of its original size! I still plan on cutting back if possible. I really want to focus on dolls with that lasting "wow" factor. I've spent a lot of time analyzing my tastes in order to achieve this.
      Underway
      • Finalize my SWITCH Waseon and get the Dollstown body I want for him.
        The body will definitely have to wait until next year. I have his wig ready and I still need to get him eyes. I will most likely do his face-up next month when the weather is more suitable.

• Get Souris Etoile's Chei once he goes back up for orders!
        I'm still waiting for order to re-open.

• Finish my SWITCH Doha.
        I got his wig and I am currently searching for proper glasses (they must be perfect). I will be giving him a face-up with my SWITCH Waseon soon. Eyes will come later when I find the time!

• Upgrade my face-up skills! I am not satisfied with where I am right now. :sigh I am currently adding more professional-grade supplies to my collection.
        All of my supplies have been upgraded. The weather is currently keeping me from working on face-ups. :sweat

• Look into wig making.
        I have done a lot of research into materials and techniques, but I have not started the actual process myself due to lack of time.
      Delayed
      • Move my female grail to a different body.
        This will have to wait until next year unless I get extra spending money. I'm already getting five dolls this year, so I don't plan on spending that much as of right now.

• Order the Little Monica Sophia head and put the Luts body for her on layaway!
        I moved this plan to next year! The timing is not right. I have already purchased the wig for this doll.
      Dropped
      • Possibly get Iplehouse's Claude or Little Monica's Luke if I can manage to squeeze one of them (very tightly) into my budget.
        This is no longer part of my plans. I don't want Iplehouse's Claude anymore and I am not sure if I want Luke as much as before. I originally wanted Iplehouse Claude for my cat boy, but I decided a Soom sculpt was much more fitting.
      Things are always changing with my doll plans, but I hope to have more bullet points crossed out soon! :thumbup

18. My main big plan is to set up the BJDiorama Of My Dreams once I move house in summer. Up next are two dolls that'll be hybrided / body-switched / part-time "NPCs" / semi-reshells, and then I might be done. Well, technically I'm still one and a half Hobbits short (one is a floating head that needs a body), but side projects will have to wait.

19. I have 7 dolls I want to add to my family by the end of the year.

6 are for my historical French storyline ( 3 of which are in progress.)
      1. Violetta, a Peakswoods Briana, almost complete! She will be the EGL doll I’ve always wanted and she’ll be complete once she returns from the faceup artist.
      2. Auguste which is a Soom Chrom which I just got secondhand . I may or may not get him a new faceup.
      3. Rosaire, a Migidoll Yuri. Needs a faceup and a body.
      4. A Volks Mel, I don’t have a name picked out for her, but she’ll be my fantasy rococo doll.
      5. An Iplehouse Felix, just a brown haired handsome dude. He’s probably the least urgent.
      6. A chicabi Lucy, is just want her to be a little cherub.

The 7th one I want to be a tan doll in Ganguro style for my Tokyo storyline. I also like the idea of a Mori girl styled doll although I do not have a sculpt in mind.

Honestly though, it would be a bigger achievement to not get all 7 dolls this year and just practice some patience and restraint

#239 ame_hime, Mar 25, 2019
      Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    20. The end of the first quarter already?:o Wow! It’s time to assess my list.:)

#240 PoeticSoul, Mar 25, 2019
      Last edited: Mar 25, 2019