1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

2019 doll plans!

Nov 8, 2018

?

Doll Plans

Poll closed Jan 2, 2019.
  1. Buying New Dolls

43.7%
  2. Paying Layaways

22.2%
  3. Focusing on Current Dolls

78.4%
  4. Sculpting

13.8%
  5. Creating Clothing/Eyes/Etc.

55.7%
  6. Other

15.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    1. Whelp, for my mid-year update I’ve made... six successful doll wigs with another in progress (and two that were total duds, but that’s part of learning), so that skill is coming along nicely. I’ve only sewn one item that I need to revise and try again on, largely because I bought some patterns for my tinies that don’t seem to actually fit them. :doh I have bought some really neat clothing items for my dolls (my fave boy is collecting leather jackets at this point, haha) and I’ve swapped out some dolls, which led to some faceupping time. I’ve decided I need to work on new faces for my main guy and his brother on their spare heads, which also means I have to make them wings. Eek.

I’m glad I didn’t say I wouldn’t buy any new dolls this year because that would’ve been a lie. :XD:

#261 Amet, Jul 12, 2019
      Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    2. Re-style 3 of my dolls (one of which needs re-stringing): my KDF Bory, SD65 Bory and my Volks Super Dollfie Midi Dai.
      Get a new head for my Spiritdoll boy body
      Finish up my 2 recently arrived dolls and buy clothing for a doll I have on layaway
      Get a body for a doll head that is currently out for a face-up
      Get a body for a blank head I currently have ordered
      Finish purchasing face-up supplies so that I can finally start practicing face-ups

Lol, some of this will extend into 2020, but these are pretty much my current plans ^^

3. Ah, the mid-year update. It's come so fast.

1- I've changed plans yet again for that one doll. I decided the head I already had worked fine for a different character without having to mod the head. I also found a sculpt that fit the first character. That head has been ordered and I'm still waiting on the shipping notice. The head that was already here already has a body, but I need to take him apart to dye him blue, and I don't have the wrist strength to restring yet. (I broke my wrist in February, not a good thing to do when you have ten dolls to restring...)

2- I kind of shoehorned a character in because I thought about her and fell in love with the idea of her. So I set out to find a sculpt and Dikadoll Olivia fits what I'm looking for. I ordered her as well as the other small doll that I was thinking about adding to my wishlist at the start of the year. The Dikadoll is fully paid, and the other doll, a Resinsoul Pixou is currently in transit. I'm hoping to have a box opening on Monday!

3- I'm down to needing only two bodies for floating heads. My Rumpeldoll Abaddon is here and waiting. I'll be ordering his body with the next paycheck. The other head (the one I just ordered for the doll with the changed plans in 1), hasn't arrived yet though I expect I'll be getting a shipping notice sometime within the next month. I'd like to try him on a few of the bodies I have already to see which one might work best for him.

4- My photo project is a little behind right now. Vacation kind of threw me off, but I plan to catch up within the next couple of weeks. I do feel it's sort of silly now since I can't do half of the work I had planned (refer to 1 again - broken wrist earlier this year), but there's still a lot that I CAN do. I just need to make a point of getting the photos done.

4. My plans are simple. Just to buy a friend for my current doll :lol: she is pink themed so I am
      Planning to prepare for her blue themed counterpart.

And of course tonfinish her diorama. The wood is almost ready to be assembled then I have to do walls painting, furniture, pillows etc.

5. 2019 will do make up for all my dolls..
      8 of them don't have makeup so I think that is a big problem for me...
      If I can finish makeup for them maybe I will buy one more yosd.

6. My plan for 2019 includes:

Getting my first handmade BJD Casted in resin and holding preorders for them.
      Learning how to sew doll clothes, make doll wigs an eyes!
      Work on sculpting my second BJD
      and ordering a commission from one of my favorite doll seamstress!

7. I've completed all three of these goals! :thumbup

8. Since I am into this hobby this year, I am not quite clear with my plan. I am sure I will get IOS 80 boy Lacrimosa, and I am waiting for a chance to get soom Zak. They will come to Dollvie fair this weekend, I will see if they will bring Zak with them.

9. I honestly had none, lol, but then DS Dolls rereleased Ferret as an MSD and I decided to take the plunge not just on the sculpt, but on a new size as well.

10. Last time (a looooong time agooooooo!):

I am not planning to buy any dolls this year, though there are many I wouldn't mind owning.
      I have taking such a back seat concerning sewing and making things for my current BJDs that I don't think I could cope with getting one more unless one left my collection.

So back to my 2018's projects that never got finished or even started!
      1. F60: vest, Beanies, medieval top, medieval shirt with decorations.
      2. Twigling/TL3: legwarmers, pullovers, jeans, dresses, hats, winter hat, wipe off her face up, new face up, dreadlock wig with beads.
      3. Timeless Body: shoes, boots, beach bracelets, tight top, tight vest, space tights, space headwear, space top.
      4. Feeple65: tighten fire wig, winter hat with long sides and pompom, long pullover, jacket, long-ish knitwear dress, skirt to wear with leggings, cheerful hood, brown shorts for steampunk outfit, weapon holder, steampunk/cyberpunk weapon, goggles/glasses.
      5. DC: boots, shoes, sandals, 'back/butt cover', wig, tops.
      6. MSD: leggings, jeans/trousers, a basic top, skirt, sandals, dentelle shorts, wig, grey boots.
      7. YOSD: Halloween pyjama set, Halloween sweatshirt pyjama, short white wig, LTF new face up.
      8. Super tiny: shoes, boots, coat.
      9. Improve on face-ups.
      10. Tackle 'how to make boots'
      11. Tackle 'how to make wigs'.
      12. Tackle 'how to make eyes'.
      13. Tackle ''how to make a head with multiple eyes".
      14. Tackle 'how to make a BJD".
      Aim: SciFi outfit for Timeless body, outfit for TL3, Steampunk outfit for F65, 'cool' outfit for B60-005, Woodman/Archer/Medieval outfit for F60.

At the moment, I am concentrating on:
      14. How to make a BJD (it is so hard!)
      5. DC: making shorts for 'front and back ends' (I have an Amos).

11. Late Sept update:

I've done pretty well keeping to my original plans and changed some of the ones I needed to. Doll buying is at its end for the year. I have a mnf rin and a pukifee Jude on layaway with an event head. I had decided to reshell my girl Willow into a tan doll with a smaller head to better match my mnf Mir. They really need like side by side comparison shots of their sculpts that are tinier than average... chloe could eat him alive... Jude wasn't really an impulse, I had a pukifee on my list for a long time, just didn't have a sculpt. Jude's little teefs are just too cute!!! Anyway, since I was getting a new sculpt and skin color for Willow, I decided to do a layaway during the event instead of looking second hand. So I got the moe body I wanted. I had plans for a second body this year, but I'm going to hold off.

As far as shoes go, I have made some progress. I got two pairs of flats for my mnf aline dolls, a pair of heels for the aline heeled feet. Two pairs of MSD high heeled shoes for my flat aline feet and heeled msd feet to share. A pair of boots for my 65cm guy. Sneakers and a pair of boots for my yosd. Sneakers for my msd and my sd. But still not enough for all my dolls to wear shoes. My boys are currently fighting over the two pairs of shoes I have for them. Some one of them is barefoot. Willow's new body has a new shoe size, so I have to get her some shoes. She'll probably wear Macadamia's sneakers until I can get her a pair of her own. And not sure if my shoes for lati yellow and tdf will fit the pkf, but here's hoping cause I have no idea.

Wigs are going well. I have almost all the planned wigs made or in process. Though I've been busy the last few weeks so nothing recent. Everyone has a wig on their head, so I'm proud of that.

Clothes are coming along well. I just finished a pair of pants last night for a girl that had nothing but skirts and three tops. I'm getting into the fall weather so updating wardrobes with pieces that can be shared between everyone but still some individual pieces is the goal right now. Pretty exciting actually. :) I'm happy with it.

I took a break from eye making because I somehow lost my eye moulds... not sure how I did it, but I did. So until I get some new ones, I'm kinda stuck. And I'd really really really want to make them!!! Boo...

Hmmm I think that's everything for now. I'll eventually be updating my project journals with my progresses and probably change my "boy's wardrobe" to "all dolls wardrobes". Just because I think three is enough and I have other pieces I want to share. But that's all for now. ;)

12. Nastya by Bjtales

13. I got back into/started being more active this hobby around this summer, so I didn't really have any set plans, but for the rest of the year I hope to get some new dolls and sew clothes for them. I hope to build the characters and story around these new dolls. Also, I hope to attend at least one conventation before the end of this year.

14. Well for 2019, I just started getting into the hobby and I obtained 2 dolls and I have 2 more that I should receive by the end of the year.

I know this post is for 2019 plans but we’re getting into the end of the year. I don’t want to buy anymore this year. :XD: My goal for 2020 is to finally obtain a beautiful girl doll. I’m looking at getting another Kid Delf but I am also looking at other companies like Little Monica or maybe Supia Doll. I just need to find the perfect sculpt that I fall in love with.

15. Welp, the year is almost over, and nothing I wanted to buy came out. I didn't do much other than buy some clothes for my current crew. I haven't bought any resin this year (though I did get some off-topic dolls) . It's probably for the best. At my last job I was in no place to buy anything, at this one I should be much better. So I'm still just waiting for that body and MDR doll.

16. Third-quarter update time!

1 - I have three floating heads home now. There were only supposed to be two, but I won one in the anniversary contests so... It's not really my fault that I went off plan with that. =P I am waiting on one body for one of them and will be ordering a body for another soon. The last one probably won't get his body until next year. I still feel like my buying of new dolls is winding down (mostly because I'm out of relevant characters to shell, haha), and next year I'll be doing more focus on the dolls I already have.

2 - I did a BIG face-up day last week and gave SEVEN dolls their faces in one day! A couple of those were re-dos as they were some of my earlier work, but most of them were new faces on dolls I've received in the past year including the three floating heads. The one that needs to be dyed, still needs to be dyed, and I won't be doing his face up until after that. But again, since I broke my wrist earlier this year, my wrist is a little sensitive to having to pull elastic tightly enough to restring a doll properly, thus I'm most likely putting that off until next year.

3 - The two full dolls (the Resinsoul and the Dikadoll) have arrived home and both have had their face-ups. The Resinsoul still needs some clothes, but the Dikadoll is all set!

4 - I'm way behind in my photo project. First the wrist, then, well, I expected I'd fall behind a little in the summer, but now the landlord is doing a bunch of renovations with no estimate of when they'll be finished. It makes it really hard to work with my dolls when there are up to five different random strangers in the place. I'm still going to try my best to get caught up and finished before the end of the year.

17. Finish paying off my mini machina

Finish my Alk's wig

Completely wipe and redo my alk's face up and body blushing

Face up/body blushing for my Puki and the mini machina

Find/make shoes and a cane for my Baron Gikkingen puki

Make a helmet/wig for mini machina

Bonus: find a ns pukisha open eye faceplate(If I have the funds)

I may have too much to do:o

18. Well it's almost the end of the year so here's an update lol. Of the four bullet points (well, three concrete ones and one "maybe"), I managed to complete two of them! I have completed all dolls I currently own, and the last doll I had did indeed get color-matched and sent back to me, actually just a few weeks ago. I still would love to sew but unfortunately my little craft business has taken off and therefor taken up a lot of my time! More time than I'd like :frownyblush: I still have sewing on my to-do list but I just have to set it aside for now!

As for the Unoa... still dreaming of getting one! :D

19. Three-quarters into the year update time!

Here's the original list of stuff I had planned, with updates:

-get my Souldoll Robb painted and make him a decent outfit to replace the placeholder junk he's been wearing
      ...and he's still waiting on his clothes...sorry dude.

-finish modding my Granado Nightmare Boyd head, get him colormatched to the body I have for him and get his face painted, buy him eyes and new hands, make him a wig and something to wear
      Last time I updated, everything for this dude was done except for finishing his wig and making him a pair of pants to finish off his outfit while I waited for his eyes to arrive. I've made a little more progress on his wig but still not done, pants are done, and I'm STILL waiting on his eyes. The eyes I ordered in June. I've had the worst luck with urethane eyemakers this year...every pair I order runs way over schedule by months. :(

-finish the leg replacement mod on my Elfdoll Rita hybrid that I've been dragging out for absolutely ever because it takes a LOT of sanding and dremeling; restring her and buy her a new pair of eyes.
      this was completely done as of last time except for the eyes. I'm seriously considering trying again with making my own eyes because I'm so sick of the crazy wait times on eyes, but I don't want to tackle that project till I have more of the rest of my list completed...so that's probably a next year thing.

-replace my Supia Muriel hybrid's super wonky Doll Family hands and do some body blushing on her
      am actually considering buying her a new body altogether, which would get done next year, so not going to worry about this one anymore.

-redo the tattoos on my Islanddoll Noah hybrid
      last update, I'd started this, then hated how it was coming out and wiped it off again for another try. as of last week, I took the opportunity to do traditional sueding on her body while I had it apart for the tattoo work anyway, and redid some blushing. going to attempt the tattoo redo this weekend, actually!

-learn to make shoes; I've been wanting to do this anyway and now I have the perfect motivation in the form of an Iple girl with huge feet who can't wear any of the shoes in my kind of large shoe collection
      still haven't done, but planning on trying it this coming month since I want to make one of my girls a costume for Halloween that will require a new pair of shoes.

I'd also like to continue improving my photography and my pattern-making skills, and to make some headway on the torn-apart travesty that is my art/sewing/doll room. It's in mid-renovation and it feels pretty chaotic and isn't the most user-friendly work space or a particularly nice setting in which to photograph my dolls and doll projects right now.
      pattern-making projects were done, have actually learned some new stuff about my camera settings, and...

the art room renovation is the thing I've spent most of my creative time/energy on in the second half of this year. It's the reason I've hardly done a thing with my dolls all summer; they and all my crafting stuff have been packed away while the room in which they normally live has been completely gutted and rebuilt. It's been a slow process, because it's just me and my husband doing everything 100% ourselves. It's still not finished, but there are walls and a ceiling and lighting and two worksurfaces now, so I've started using the space for art and dolls again in the last couple of weeks. The rest that needs to be done (mostly trimwork, framing and putting shutters on the windows, and adding cabinetry so my supplies aren't all over the damn place) can be done around my art-in-progress, so although not done it is finally a useable space again. Getting my creative space in order was probably my biggest doll-related goal for the year, and I'm pretty happy to have come so far on it.

And then there's also the head I want to at least start on trying to sculpt....! I've made quite a number of very blobby, very ugly practice heads in the last year and a half, and I wanted to hopefully get at least the beginnings of a decent one made in this coming year..
      Still working on her, still don't hate how it's coming out, still needs SO MUCH WORK.

-get my new, completely blank Angel of Dream Yuki painted, buy her eyes, make her a wig, and make her something to wear
      her eyes got here after months of waiting, her face looks gorgeous, I made her a wig, and...I hate the way I did the hairline, intensely. It makes the wig, which is a braid crown updo, look like a hat made of hair instead of hair attached to her head. The braid crown part came out beautifully, the whole wig is well-made, I just hate the way I made it and how it sits on her head. So I'm going to call the first one a learning experience and make an entire new one. And I still have to sew her something to wear.

I also ended up buying a new doll this summer...but he's a Dollshe Arsene so I don't expect to see him anytime this year :XD: So I'll just be working on finishing up the stuff I'd already planned for the dolls I have in what remains of this year, and pretending he doesn't exist until he gets here.

20. I had to go back and read my original post as I have completely forgotten what my plans for 2019 were.....well, I’ve totally failed in my plans! Ha, ha, so much for not buying any more bjds. Three, no FOUR!!, bjds later, I need to re think my plans for 2019.

New plans: finish up the four I bought
      Cotton needs an outfit, I still need to figure out her look and make/adapt patterns
      Coral needs the same, thankfully same body as Cotton
      Axel needs his look figured out, then an outfit made
      Klavier is still on pre order, but I think I have his outfit, but will need eyes and a wig
      And this spot is reserved for the fifth bjd that I might be getting at the end of this year, and it will need everything!