1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

2019 doll plans!

Nov 8, 2018

?

Doll Plans

Poll closed Jan 2, 2019.
  1. Buying New Dolls

43.7%
  2. Paying Layaways

22.2%
  3. Focusing on Current Dolls

78.4%
  4. Sculpting

13.8%
  5. Creating Clothing/Eyes/Etc.

55.7%
  6. Other

15.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    1. Ooh boy. My doll plans for next year is to figure out my wishlist! It’s gotten so long, that I don’t know who to save up for! *_* So definitely neaten up my wishlist and be more careful with who goes on the wishlist, and the to-buy list.
      But I’d really love finding a Feeple65 Chloe OE head before the year’s up, so that I can find her a body in the new year.
      I’d also like to improve my sewing, and who knows, maybe I’ll take up knitting! I’ve got a hoard of yarn, and I haven’t been doing anything with it.. ;)

2. I really hope I can finally:
      -Place a Volks FCS order
      -Order a Dollshe Ausley
      -If Fairyland brings back Realpuki, then also order one of the tiny guys
      -finish some dioramas that I meant to finish last year lol
      -And buy new clothes, eyes and wigs for everyone...oh and shoes too.

#22 NY_Kitty, Nov 9, 2018
      Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    3. Oh no, is it really already time for the annual "list of stuff I want right now and will change my mind five times before I do it" again? :XD:

I've been cutting back on the hobby a lot recently, so I think my main goals will be to probably cut back even more and not buy any new dolls for awhile. I'm trying to greatly minimize clutter, not just within the hobby, but in my life as a whole, so I'm trying to not add anything new without clearing out something old. I'd really like to focus on getting my current crew exactly where I want them, all with proper faceups/blushing, wigs, eyes and wardrobes and complete personal room dioramas for each of the ones staying. They're mostly pretty close already, but I still need to weed through some clothes/shoes/props and replace some with things of better quality and/or better suited to the characters.

And maybe get a Feeple60 Mirwen....;)

4. I do have a major planned purchase in 2019, a Myou Doll Wind to be the younger fraternal twin of my Iplehouse JID Violet. I'd have to allot funds for his faceup, eyes, wig and shoes. Pretty much the usual "new doll" items, but he's probably going to be my last doll purchase in a while.

I hope to spend more on raw materials (and tools) for outfits rather than dolls. I'm slooooowly getting the hang of making more complex clothes, and it has to be followed through if Guórén's armor is to take shape in the next few years. This also means selling items that I no longer need because the clothes storage is going to reach maximum capacity at this rate.

5. Well if all goes according to plan, by the first quarter of 2019, my Peak's Woods Romantic Koonies should arrive! I still need to get the last few items (clothes and a wig) for her character...

And then after her? Well I'm not sure! Maybe I'll order another Peak's Woods doll during one of their events... Then again, I've been looking at some Foveo dolls which have caught my eye!

6. Current plans are to receive my preordered Fairyland minifees! And to flesh out my current dolls' wardrobes, including clothes and possibly furniture!

I went from having zero dolls to buying six dolls (two of which are fullsets directly from Fairyland) so I think I spent enough on adding to my doll collection for the meanwhile, haha! (All bets are off for clothes, though.)

7. My current plans are:
      • Don't buy any more dolls (hahahaha)
      • Work on building the characters of the dolls I have and creating a story with them
      • Update/create profiles on here for all of my dolls
      • Maybe try to take more pictures?

8. I planned to get Volks yosd Elena in Feb 2019 but i got her this month! So I hope i can get a rosenlied Maret in Feb instead! :)

9. My plans for 2019 are:
      • Order Ringdoll's S (Finally! :D)
      • Finalize my SWITCH Waseon and get the Dollstown body I want for him.
      • Move my female grail to a different body. I really like her current body but it's not perfect for her as my top favorite girl. I want to change her overall image a bit as well. :kitty2 I'd also like to get Supiadoll's Heeji head sculpt so she can take my girl's original body (which will probably be temporary, but better than nothing).
      • Get Souris Etoile's Chei once he goes back up for orders! I really like the sculpt and I definitely want him in my collection.
      • Order the Little Monica Sophia head and put the Luts body for her on layaway!
      • Possibly get Iplehouse's Claude or Little Monica's Luke if I can manage to squeeze one of them (very tightly) into my budget. I moved my cat boy to the Claude sculpt, so it would be great to order him in late 2019 or early 2020. I can probably get Luke since I just want the head.
      • Finish my SWITCH Doha. I finally found the perfect character for his sculpt after he sat around for so long. I need to get him a proper wig (currently searching), give him a suitable face-up, make him a pair of eyes, and find him glasses. He already has an outfit and body waiting for all of that. :abambi:
      • Start watching Soom like a hawk. I really want to get one of their dolls (eventually). In my first year of collecting, I put a lot of emphasis on getting SWITCH sculpts. I sort of want to "graduate" from SWITCH (I still plan on watching the company) and mainly focus on more mature guys with more muscular bodies. My tastes have changed a bit.
      • My wish list won't shrink down that much, but I plan to revisit each sculpt I want and determine whether I really want it and the look over concepts for each one that does pass. I have a bad habit of finding new things after lowering the number on my list. :sweat
      • Upgrade my face-up skills! I am not satisfied with where I am right now. :sigh I am currently adding more professional-grade supplies to my collection.
      • Look into wig making. I think it will be super useful when I can't find the right style or color!
      I have already ordered two dolls that will be arriving in late 2019, so I don't know how much of this list will happen! I am also in the process of cutting back on purchases and easing my way out of other expensive hobbies. I plan on making BJDs one of my main hobbies so this will give me more doll funds. If anything, I really want to get S and finish my Waseon (I now have a wig waiting for him and I really want to make outfits for him). :3nodding: I will admit that I am super tempted to start a floating head collection (I'm looking at you, Supiadoll) and then work on getting bodies. :lol:

#29 Maechen, Nov 9, 2018
      Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
    10. I want bodies for my MiniFee girls! NOW, NOW, NOW, NOW, NOW...LOL, I can wait until next year. I'd also like to shell my Bobobie girl.

11. I don't actually have any plans! (might as well not have any anyways, because I never, ever stick to them!)

But I'd still like to get another SD female with a large chest to join my group. haven't found the right face yet though.

12. So many plans! I already progressed so far in 2018, here's hoping 2019 will be just as productive a year dolly-wise.

• Get Ophiant (my Crimson Doll Scott head) a body, faceup, and clothes. Basically, get him finished. His body is the first priority; it'll be a Universe Doll 2-part torso body. I was going to get it this year but other plans (cough Ringdoll Ashford EVO) got in the way, so I'm putting it off for first thing next year.
      • Complete Jessam, who will be an Angell-Studio HongLee head on an Akagi Doll 66cm body. I'll probably get the body first? I still need to figure out which of AS's colors matches Akagi normal the best. And of course he'll need a faceup and clothes. It might take a while but I definitely want to finish him within the year.
      • Get a body for Elroy (my Argonautica Zet head). It'll be a color-matched Resinsoul Yi body, so I'll have to wait until Elroy actually arrives before I can think about ordering it.
      • Put up a MP WTB for Luts Abadon French Knight. I'm still kicking myself for missing him, but I prob won't be in a position to afford him until after I get my tax return. Fingers crossed I can bring him home next year!
      • Not really a concrete set-in-stone plan or anything, but I vague thoughts about starting on Darian, my first girl doll (though she spends most of her time disguised as a boy, lol). She'll be a male SD head on...most likely the Loongsoul 58cm girl body. Eyeing one of the Magic Time boys for now, but like I said nothing's set in stone. =/
      We'll see if I'll be able to complete even half of this! And that's if I don't get distracted by any shiny new releases and/or limited editions begging for me to take them home.... XD

13. My plans for 2019 are to finish the clothing and other accessories for my Carole Feelpe60 and my Little Jiangshi Jade Kid Ringdoll, then to get a Iplehouse Soo YID, find a doll for my demon character, and start sculpting my design for a YOSD cat doll.

14. my headless bodies needs heads. and I am hoping that I will be able to purchase a SDGr Boy body in white skin for my Grail-doll.

15. 2019 Doll Plans...:celebrate I've been really good and on semi-hiatus the last couple years, so I've not gone too far off the deep end with the dolls. During that time I was really fortunate to be able to clothe, wig, and eye everyone to their satisfaction. In the new year, I hope to:
      • Visit Japan/Tenshi no Sato and bring home a (one, single!) doll direct from the source; would be better if I had a friend whose address I could borrow for a FCS. :sorry
      • Rehome a few of the dolls that I've been meaning to get around to
      • Complete orders for Ashford EVO, 2B, & 9S
      • Clean out all these extra wigs, eyes, and outfits
      • Secondary outfits for everyone (They're hinting at outfits for each season and major holiday we celebrate...)
      • Maybe get a couple of them repainted

16. I can't believe is that time of the year already. I'm the kind of person that writes stuff and then ends up doing not even one thing from the list, but I really do try my best to get a clear vision of the things I want done and eventually may do some of them, I promise xD

For the past 1-2 years I've been pretty inactive everywhere and haven't been a good owner for my crew because I didn't do almost anything with them, I didn't had the time or the desire to do so. I hope if I keep my goals for 2019 plain and simple and get them done I'll recover some of my enthusiasm towards my dolls and the community.
      • Decide what to do with my bodyless head (shell or sell, that's the question).
      • Write down stuff about my current dolls so I can get a clear idea of them now their personalities are changing from their previous characters (evil dolls, don't want to stay on the character I created for them when I was still a teenager... I can't blame them though, they are kind of boring).
      • Buy clothing and accesories for everyone (this is something I don't need to do but I love to do and probably will do so it may be the one thing that I accomplish next year, let's make things easy).
      • Be more active in groups and forums? (I'll try, I'll really really try, I promise).

#36 Yami_Hanako, Nov 9, 2018
      Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    17. My plans are Minifee Sircca, Doll Chateau Sharon, and Youpla Dolls Zika. Plus I'd love Lillycat Amy or Manon if there was a release.

18. My plans are to get some bodies for my floating heads and to get my boy Braesin. He's going to a mnf mir on a dollzone body. Oh and my other boy Lucian.

19. 2019 is going to be fun.

I want to polish my girls off, as they all are missing *something* mostly suitable clothes. Though fitting wigs are a huge issue.

I'm also hoping to order a doll chateau body at the end of this year.

But I would love to quest to make a duck girl hybrid. The parts I want seems to be really hard to find, but it will be a fun scavenger hunt if nothing else ^^"

20. I'm still trying to get my group "finished". I ordered a Dollshe tiny Hound, and he will show up sometime in 2019.
      So my plans are:
      • Receive Dollshe Hound
      • Get Ethan and the new guy suitable eyes
      • Get a better wig for the 5-7 dolls who need them
      • Give blank dolls face-ups
      In terms of new dolls:
      • Order Little Monica head and Luts body for hybrid (head ordered!) (body ordered!H)
      • He's one doll now!
      • Mod head/neck to match
      • Eyes, Wig, Face-up
      • Order a grey DZ body for the Soom floating head? Mod head/neck to match, Dye black
      • Find a double-jointed lady who fits with my group?
      • Get a Bluefairy Pocket Fairy?
      Ongoing:
      • Clothes for everybody, including pajamas
      • Dioramas or houses
      • Characters and stories

#40 Leo Pheonix, Nov 9, 2018
      Last edited: Dec 19, 2019