1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

2019 doll plans!

Nov 8, 2018

?

Doll Plans

Poll closed Jan 2, 2019.
  1. Buying New Dolls

43.7%
  2. Paying Layaways

22.2%
  3. Focusing on Current Dolls

78.4%
  4. Sculpting

13.8%
  5. Creating Clothing/Eyes/Etc.

55.7%
  6. Other

15.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    1. My plan is to get around to customising my doll

2. Hmmm....I have so many plans! Let me see if I can break it down for a year's worth of work!

--save up money for first doll
      --find a sculpt that is perfect
      --make one set of clothes
      --get shoes
      --get wig
      --get eyes
      --make a small room diorama

3. .

#163 Gintsumi, Dec 17, 2018
      Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
    4. I have two characters/dolls I need to work on big time.

1. I need to get my DZ Raymond head a body and actually finish the doll. He's been just a head for way too long at this point.
      2. I need to decide on what I want to do sculpt-wise for the other character. I'm kinda stuck between two very different paths for her. I could make her a spidery monster and go with a Miracle Doll Jing head on a female body or I could pick a more human looking 70cm female doll. I have a few options picked out if that's what I decide.

5. My plans are quite simple :)

• Finish the current outstanding layaways
      • Buy nothing else, other than one (1!!) MSD tan girl, then stop.
      • Make more clothing for my dolls
      • Clear out the rolling head box and rehome any that are not ever going to get a body
      • Face-ups for anyone left!

6. My 2019 plans are
      1. Staying on the hunt for my Grail Doll - Doll Chateau Oort
      2. Buy one of the old Doll Chateau A-01 bodies for my floating DC Olivia head.
      3. Design out the Face-ups, Tattoos, and body blushing I'd like for each doll to have
      4. Go from researching about how to make doll eyes to actually making doll eyes.
      5. Buy at least 1 WIG!

7. I'm just going to spend most of 2019 focusing on Senna, and build up her character and wardrobe. Clothes, eyes, wigs, shoes, etc.

8. There are a decent amount of dolls that I would like to get next year, but... I think mainly my plan is to work more on the ones I have. I need to get outfits for basically everyone, Zeph needs wiped and repainted, and Nicomedes and Zeph both need wigs. I want to make finishing them my priority.

9. I’ve already broken my #1 2019 goal...no new bjds. Humm, technically it’s still 2018, but since she will be arriving in 2019, it counts? Oh well, looks like my new 2019 goal is to get my newest bjd all done up when she arrives this spring.

New 2019 goal, have the best dolly year ever! There that covers everything!

10. Buy a body for the floating head I've had for nearly two years.
      Make sure everyone is painted, and has proper wig and eyes.

Then.... Try harder with photography? I used to love photographing my dolls! I wasn't amazing at it, but I tried. I wanna get back into that!

11. 1. Paint my Supia Rosy
      2. Wait for a body to arrive (my Christmas self-gift)
      3. Do some manicure on my two big girls
      4. Sew some clothes for them (dresses, skirts, tights, blouses and long-sleeved tops)
      5. Take out for photos more often
      6. Sell other dolls and acessories so as to have money for mine.
      7. Avoid buying new resin
      8. Get in touch with some local meetup group

12. After getting way more dolls than planned this year, I think my time will be best spent focusing on my suddenly big resin family, but I also have a couple of boys already on the way, so:

-Finish painting the boys who are already here (Kouka's face, his and Beni's fingers)
      -Make permanent space for everyone where they'll be safe from people AND the sun
      -Learn how to do good looking freckles for Nikita, preferably before he arrives
      -Get Yohan a body and jointed hands
      -Learn to knit faster and get to a level where I can sell the items I craft
      -On that note, expand everyone's wardrobes, no playing favorites
      -Find doll people living in Turkey, and make an effort to keep in touch

And of course most of all, avoiding buying new dolls, at least until the economy recovers :sweat

13. 2018 was my year of starting my doll collection, and 2019 will be more focused on customizing and character building! i finally got my hands on a 35 mm film camera, so i want to get re-aquainted with film photography and take pictures of my dolls in that medium instead of digital!

i also ordered a doll this year that should arrive next year, so working on fleshing out his character is going to be a big fun project. i also want to get a body for a floating head i’m getting.

i also hope to sculpt and cast a doll next year! i have a cool opportunity to get it started at a sculpting intensive class in january, but will be able to take it home and finish it/cast it later on.

basically, my goal for 2019 is to make more than i buy, and get better aquainted with my collection!

14. Stabbing my wallet 20 times, then soaking it in fuel and burning it untill I'm left with only ashes...

But seriously, volks has it's 20th anniversary and I'm scared of all the "Best of the best"-dolls they will release. 2018 has been made up of voting for dolls and fearing the worst...now 2019 will let me know if my deepest fears were justified.
      If I somehow get the chance to own a few of my grails without saving thousands of dollars, I will somehow find a way to do it. So my only plan is to save every cent I can and buy about 2-3 volks SDs IF the ones I have wanted for years are rereleased. Maybe I will also get a few outfits I missed out on, but my main focus is to have enough money to snatch my grails (and then spend all of 2020 finally getting them a proper wardrobe etc.).

15. Ooof, I've barely started thinking this through and I already have a list...^^'
      • Find a decent website(Canadian preferably, if that exists) that does layaway for a Fairyland Active line minifee and get a Rhea head and body in NS
      • Find a body and head for my Morya! Gods, her face alone is particular AF, trying to find a neutral faced, slim-cheeked adult MSD size head with slim but not narrow eyes? I don't wanna have to sculpt herrrr -whines-
      • Find a good website to open my online store and have it fully functional asap -_-'
      • Upgrade my girls' face ups(yet again) in good weather.
      • Finish the wig designs I have planned and DO IT!
      • Do more photo shoots with my girls! They miss me (Amara: Lies! She misses us more!) TT_TT' so true
      • Sculpt the doll I've had in planning phase for the last 5 years ---___---
      • Sculpt the animal companion for the above doll
      • Figure out how to advertise best for my services for the hobby
      • Finish my girls' room boxes! Seriously, they need their own space >.<;
      • Clean out the clutter in my room and finish the shelves I have planned.
      • FURNITURE MAKING COMPLETED. No more buying until THAT is DONE! Next time Amara shoves Shizuru off the shelf I swear I'm gonna BOX her.
      • But those shoes, the girls need shoes and we all know you are shite at making the-
      • NO. Furniture FIRST.

Back on topic.
      • Customize a surprise doll for a special someone in my family, give her an outfit
      • Create and sell more eyes, but get a decent UV lamp first
      • Finish organizing/sorting/selling stuff
      • Get a male doll of some kind
      • Make an OC for the male doll first
      • Finish a freaking BLOG POST since I haven't done that since October
      • Get all of the Acid dyes I can get my hands on. Make more wigs to sell.
      • Learn how to relax....what a foreign concept....^^;

#175 CuteyCreations, Dec 23, 2018
      Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    16. I have two second-hand dolls that need plenty of attention this coming year, and a new one coming at some point! That's my plan for 2019, so far.

I can't account for any new releases that steal my heart, though :3nodding:

17. I've got some plans, we'll see how much I get through in 2019!

To buy:
      Supia Doll Heeji
      Miracledoll Snake Demon
      Dollzone Robin head and Dollstown body
      Doll stands, wigs, eyes
      accessories/props

I'll have a layaway payment for Dream Valley Adela to make and I think my Crowblackjane She is Dragon is going to officially arrive in 2019 based on where she is in shipping. I've been considering the new Doll Chateau Noah and Fairyland Altis Bard, but I don't love the MSD size so we'll see. For none-buying things, I'd like to mod the resin skull and make a connector to put it on the DC body I got. After I get the snake demon I'd like to sculpt extra tail joints, but I'm not sure if that'll be a 2019 project or a 2020 project :sweat And of course more clothes! I alway to make more clothes.

18. I have been thinking of what I hope to accomplish in 2019! Let's see:

• Get new sewing machine, become master seamstress
      • Complete all existing dolls (face-ups, final wig/eyes)
      • Get last doll on lay away sent off with her designated head to be color-matched.
      • MAYBE get a Unoa.... maybe. possibly. probably..........
      I think the biggest one though, is I definitely want to focus on sewing! I hope to improve my skills as I go throughout 2019!

19. I got my first doll around the beginning of the year and my poor girl either sat on my shelf or in her original box for most part of the year. I'm planning on getting her new outfits and give her the attention she deserves XD. I also just ordered a new doll on layaway and I want to try sewing clothes for my girls :).
      Edit: Damn that grammar lol.

#179 RamenNoodle, Dec 25, 2018
      Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    20. So my plans are: To officially become a part of this hobby.
      I have ordered my first doll (today actually) and he'll hopefully arrive sometime in january or february
      So I'll start sewing for him and making him stuff, so my plan is to get started with this hobby and all it has to offer.
      Maybe I'll get another doll... Who knows....