1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

2020 Doll Plans

Oct 16, 2019

?

What are your doll plans for 2020?

Poll closed Jan 1, 2020.
  1. Buying new dolls

136 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Paying layaways

47 vote(s)
    17.3%
  3. Working on the dolls you have

226 vote(s)
    83.1%
  4. Sculpting

35 vote(s)
    12.9%
  5. Making clothes/wigs

152 vote(s)
    55.9%
  6. Practicing your faceups/body blushing skills

119 vote(s)
    43.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    1. Update! I always swore I'd do them and never have. I guess dreams do come true.

• I paid off all of my layaways. Had some debt-free breathing time. ...Until I found one of my favorite Venitus at a price I couldn't resist. :sweat Venitu is what we call a 'pretty boy' here, but this fellow's rugged complexion and wild tattoos give him a more Viking vibe.

Full Norse approval granted.

• I put a event tan Dollzone body on layaway, and was able to trade and MP my way to a couple of much-needed normal and white SD bodies. I don't know that I'll have the funds for MSD this year, but I'm pleased to have knocked out some of my most important goals.

• With the pandemic in full swing, a lot of preorders have been postponed or cancelled. For now I've set my sights on Rap's next Danni preorder. It's down the road, and that's nice.

• ...Because I also put in a downpayment for a Twigling. Teal Elbe. I cannot believe I've been this blessed. Venitu and Elbe in one year!

• Having hit most of these major goals, I feel that my larger BJD spending may be winding down. I do have a few secondary purchases I want to make, but anything else is in the wind. I'm holding off on specialty wigs and clothes until I've made more payment progress on the dolls and bodies I've invested in. I've had the great fortune of crossing off most of my grails from 2018 to now, and I feel like it is a good time to be thankful and work on what I have. As I do, I am slowly but surely working through my collection and trimming down. I am pleased with the progress I have made, and will continue to work on it as I go.
      • Faceup season has begun! I have finished three and started some modwork and wipedowns. Doll maintenance can be one of the most frustrating aspects of the hobby, yet it's also one of the most rewarding. I cannot believe I've been at this for eleven years. My restringing still sucks, but my faceups have gotten better.
      • Photos have also been posted. Still not to the degree I'd like but.... progress. Maybe even improvement once the pandemic and the summer rush die down.
      Don't know what it is, but 2020 has been especially exciting BJDwise. It's the quietest year I've had in a while, but what I have bought and sold has been especially impactful. There's a lot of emphasis on acquisition in the community nowadays. And the appeal of getting something new is exciting. But some of the best things happen during the lull- when you have time to appreciate what's in your hands.

I'm grateful.

2. Like many people, it's time for an update. No new doll yet, though, I bought a body for a floating head but I'm not really counting that. :XD: And I've actually sold the SD I had gotten. :sweat He was gorgeous but I felt like I couldn't do anything with him, he was just too big. No new sewing unfortunately, but I have been working on faceups and I'm really happy about the one I did on my RS Mei!

Updated plans!
      - Make a proper bedroom diorama for my pukifee
      - Maybe get another pukifee as my doll for the year (if anyone has a Rin for sale, let me know)
      - See about getting custom outfits for my dolls that need them

3. Now that 2020 is halfway over, I thought I should do an update.

1.) I've been making clothes for my Crew, thanks to the Sewing Project's prompts, so I feel pretty accomplished.
      2.) I put a DC Nicola -A fullset on layaway (The only doll I actually planned on getting for this year.)
      3.) I ended up getting a Dearmine LUPIN the Bat. Oops. ;)
      4.) Waiting on my FL LTF Shiwoo to ship, he's probably still a few months away from that. Oops again.:kitty2
      5.) I'm now clearing up my credit card so I can get a 1/4 body I've wanted for quite some time. Yet another oops. :thumbup
      6.) Still waiting for the pandemic to end so that I can host another local IKEA BJD meetup.
      7.) I've been buying the wigs, eyes, clothes and other things I need for my current Crew.
      8.) I don't know when I'll be able to get my display cabinet for my Crew, since I'll not only need to completely rearrange my bedroom, but find a wardrobe that will work to replace my old one. :sweat

Like everyone else, it seems that my BJD plans for 2020 have had some pretty drastic changes...and that's a good thing for me! :XD:

Ryu

4. Midyear update!
      • Buy two of the following bodies: Hummingdolly 65cm, Volks SD17, April Story 66cm, or Minifee A-line. One of these is not like the other. XD The goal is no more floating heads! I picked up an SDGr girl and an SD17 body, so it's time to stop buying dolls this year. I've reached my budget max!
      • Get face-ups for Migidoll Han and Oasisdoll Natalie (twins), Rosettadoll Zio, and Edelweiss Gideon
      • Sell some heads and dolls - ...Gotta work on this one.
      • Find shoes for my SID boy
      • Taobao order for SD17 clothes and shoes
      • Doll profiles!
      • Practice photography - Ongoing!

5. I have five incoming dolls and plan to obtain the last at the end of this year. I only have one doll completely finished! :...( There’s too many outfits and wigs to buy, they might not be finished this year but at least I’ll have the blank dolls for now.

incoming dolls are:
      Volks SD13 boy body for my F-17 head
      Dollmore Glamour Eve Chami
      Asleep Eidolon Freya
      IOS Sezz
      Popodoll body for my IOS Mezz head

Saving for(might be delayed until 2021):
      Soom Phonolus

6. A couple of months later... I'm still working on blushing Opiya because I got slightly distracted by playing with some UV-reactive pigments... but I'm done with the initial experiments with those, and I've been slowly working on her while doing that, too, so hopefully she'll be done soon? :sweat I also temporarily set aside the head-to-head experiment, but that's more because Arubi was made with two different colors of resin, and with gloves being in short supply (I've since managed to restock myself) I would need to swap gloves a lot more often to blush all of her plus the head-to-head head all at once, so I've just been sticking to the darker parts for now.

I've also been using parts of Opiya to test some processes I'm going to use on Arioch (all the stuff is lined up to start on him after I finish with her) and they're going well. Plus she's going to have some cool additional stuff with her final look as a result. :3nodding:

7. Well going into 2020, my only goal was to find a second hand Ringdoll Lan Wangji. I missed the pre order and was desperate to find one. Then just a few weeks ago I got lucky and managed to get one. So this years doll goals are completed.

There are a few smaller off topic dolls I also want to get but I won’t mention them here... and obviously they are much smaller and can’t be compared to getting a large fullset bjd.

8. My plans are not as amazing as others on here. My only goal is to buy my first ever BJD- a Fairyland Realpuki Roro and maybe to start to plan a small roombox home for her.

I am in awe of the plans and talents of people in this hobby.

9. Making 2020 plans halfway through the year because why not!

Achieved:
      :celebrateOrdered my first bjd: Luts Senior Delf Kara
      :D Ordered a head to practice face-ups on

In-Progress:
      :abambi:Saving up to shell Kyo
      :) Saving up to shell Nyx

Planned
      :chibi
      Go to a meet-up
      :thumbup Go to Fabric and Friends doll shop
      :eusa_pray Try to make friends in the hobby

10. Dear abbyceratops, you are well on the way to achieving all of your goals. That is wonderful!

11. We're halfway through year... but I want to do this anyway.

Here's what I've accomplished this year:
      - Purchasing a DIM Larina head (and a RS body for her). The head as already arrived.
      - Purchasing a Black Cherry Dolls Meihua. She arrived a few days ago!
      - Purchasing a Lillycat Ellana.
      - Completed faceup & body blushing on my Mystic Kids Francis SP
      - Completed faceup on my DIM Larina head

And my remaining goals are:
      - Purchasing a Villitunes Lamoon when the September Preorder opens :love
      - Faceup & body blush on my Doll Leaves Teresa
      - Faceup & body blush on my Black Cherry Dolls Meihua
      - Body blushing on the RS body, if it arrives before November (not counting it on it, though).
      - Not making any more impulse purchases, I'd like it if Villitunes Lamoon was the only other doll I purchase this year.

I know we're only in June right now, but I'm also thinking about 2021, I want to find a doll with similar proportions to my Black Cherry Dolls Meihua and with a deep brown resin color to be her girlfriend.

12. I still have a couple of doll profiles I haven't done yet. I have a little RS Eric who hasn't been introduced yet,but he needs some clothes first. I have an AOD Hui Xiang and she doesn't have a profile yet either. My Doll Leaves tinies are getting new wigs,and my Soso's getting a new wig and eyes. I'm renaming Pandora to Bianca and I'm trying to think of a more interesting back story for her. I still want to try sculpting my own BJD,maybe I'll have some time to do that this year.

13. I definitely want to find some time to do a faceup for my Asleep Eidolon Arweil mermaid I've had sitting around for years ... I still need to read some more tutorials and invest in a good airbrush! I just placed an order for the new Kid Delf Kale along with a lot of accessories for shelling another one of my OCs, and I'm eyeing the Bory Romance Sweety head for another! Other than that, I won't be buying any more new dolls this year (hopefully!!)

14. MY plan was to not buy any new dolls this year. Within the past month, I've purchased two.

15. Me too @starlady, best laid plans and all that.

16. :sweat Yeah, count me in on this one as well. Halfway through the year and I still have two layaways to pay off. And I’ve already paid off 5! What is it with 2020? I’ve never purchased this much in a single calendar year before and we’re only half way through!:doh

17. I'm blaming COVID. After all, with being quarantined, needing to completely change my lifestyle, and not being able to go out with friends and to meetups, I have to do something fun.

That's my reason excuse, and I'm sticking to it! :wiggle;)

Ryu

18. I think my biggest plan is to make a face-up I'm happy with.
      I'm a perfectionist and I like to repeat things till I'm OKAY with it.
      I'm completely new to this, I'm not an expert and I try to teach myself from all the videos and tutorials I found. I try to ask other artists what products they use and if they can give me some advice. It's a long journey and I hope one day I can share it with everyone. NO STRUGGLE FOR ANYONE, ANYMORE!

A second goal is to buy my lovely Ringdoll Ellis! She is right now my holy grail and I can't wait for a sale at Ringdolls.

The last thing would be learning how to sew, my aunt is teaching me right now but I need to learn pretty much before I can start making clothes by own! But I can't wait to design more stuff that'll fit my OCs!

19. And another update, because visuals are helpful:

*̶P̶a̶y̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ ̶remaining layaways
      *One MSD body
      ̶*̶A̶n̶d̶/̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶g̶r̶e̶y̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶a̶n̶ ̶S̶D̶ ̶b̶o̶d̶y̶
      *Elf ears
      *One or two specific wigs (If they can be found)
      *All gift dolls sent out
      ̶*̶A̶t̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶l̶l̶o̶w̶i̶n̶g̶:̶ ̶R̶a̶p̶1̶9̶9̶3̶ ̶D̶a̶n̶n̶i̶,̶ ̶S̶u̶m̶m̶b̶e̶r̶b̶i̶r̶d̶ ̶M̶y̶s̶t̶i̶q̶u̶e̶,̶ ̶D̶i̶g̶i̶d̶o̶l̶l̶ ̶P̶u̶p̶,̶ ̶S̶o̶m̶n̶i̶a̶ ̶C̶r̶a̶w̶l̶e̶r̶ ̶D̶o̶l̶l̶s̶ ̶N̶a̶r̶a̶
      ̶*̶C̶o̶n̶t̶i̶n̶u̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶l̶e̶a̶n̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ < A continual work in progress, but progress has been made
      ̶*̶F̶i̶n̶i̶s̶h̶ ̶f̶a̶c̶e̶u̶p̶s̶.̶ ̶T̶o̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶f̶a̶c̶e̶u̶p̶s̶.̶ ̶W̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶j̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶l̶l̶s̶.̶ <Also a work in progress

Stretch Goals:
      ̶*̶A̶n̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶o̶d̶y̶
      And/or body for Zelfain or Nabarro Har
      *Nabarro Sumner, Wally, or Kalan if I can find one
      * More Photoshoots <Work in progress
      ̶*̶T̶w̶i̶g̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶L̶a̶d̶y̶?̶

Small update, but I had a good month for selling things- got rid of a few heads, including a sentimental one. I was able to get into the Danni preorder, and am excited to see my 'big' doll purchase plan for 2020 be fulfilled. Faceups are moving along. I'm dissatisfied with how they're turning out in places, but it feels great to be customizing again. I hope to have more dolls and parts sold by the end of this year, and maybe I will get that MSD body yet.

But with Danni bought, my main purchasing plans for 2020 have come to an end. That's a weird feeling to have this early in the year. I'm looking forward to wrapping up one layaway this month, another next month. And I got to add an unexpected Roze Heln to the list of dolls incoming. 2019-2020 have been the years of the ladies!

I'm also shooting photos again. I need to edit them, and be more regular, but progress is progress. Small things like eyes and clothes are trickling in where there's budget for them.

20. :aheartbea Planning to buy my first BJD ever, a Dollmore Kid Boy Geoul with the whole shebang, make-up, body blush and sanding service.
      :aheartbea Buy him two wigs.
      :aheartbea An extra set of eyes.
      :aheartbea Clothing and shoes.
      :aheartbea A wig cap.
      :aheartbea A doll stand.

I will be broke for the rest of 2020 but I just can't wait to own my very own BJD! :aheartbea