1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

2020 Doll Plans

Oct 16, 2019

?

What are your doll plans for 2020?

Poll closed Jan 1, 2020.
  1. Buying new dolls

136 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Paying layaways

47 vote(s)
    17.3%
  3. Working on the dolls you have

226 vote(s)
    83.1%
  4. Sculpting

35 vote(s)
    12.9%
  5. Making clothes/wigs

152 vote(s)
    55.9%
  6. Practicing your faceups/body blushing skills

119 vote(s)
    43.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    1. My plan this year is buying a supergem male doll so I’m waiting for soom to release one I like. I also would love to improve my face up skill and sewing clothes.

2. I still couldn't buy a new doll this year (thank to the virus) but my goal is to buy at least 1 doll before 2020 ends~ I am thinking about buying a boy but haven't decided who is it going to be :D

3. I plan to find a body for my juri05, I don’t have marketplace so it’s been tough since the only bodies I find are in the wrong resin colour..

4. My 2020 plans:

~ Find a new home for my Lati Yellow Sol doll
      ~ Starting the building process of my dollhouse with the help of my boyfriend :aheartbea
      ~ Adopt at least three dolls by the end of this year
      ~ Expand their closet
      ~ Purchase a high-quality camera to take photos of my dolls with
      ~ Upload regularly to my BJD Instagram page

5. My plan is to not buy another doll haha. Unless I find my grail this year I’m going to invest in the ones I’ve got. With quarantine I’ve purchased more in the first half of the year than I normally would in the full year.

6. I think my plan is also to not buy another doll. Placed a doll and some clothing on order last month and the exchange rate is so bad.
      I don't really feel like getting slammed by the exchange rate again... :atremblin

7. Mid-Year Goals/Plans:
      (I started the year with like zero plans, how did this happen? :shudder)
      • Redo face-up on my Zuzu Delf Persi
      • Face-up, make clothes and goat horns for my DollFamily tiny
      • Face-up for my Withdoll Bunny Luke (if he arrives in 2020)
      • Face-up and make clothes for my Digidolls Ponta (if she arrives in 2020) (commission eyes if the eyes I have don’t fit her)
      • Face-up for my Resinsoul Twilight
      • Order a body for my Resinsoul Sui head (light tan Ming body with black satyr parts and transparent red hooves and Sui wings). He needs a face-up and tail as well.
      • Organize all my doll stuff and find all the stuff I’ve been missing!

8. I'd like to buy a few more, and then focus on styling and making some clothes. See what happens:)

9. Welp I think this is my last update for my 2020 doll plans.
      1. I won't be buying anymore dolls. I have a job that doesn't allow me to sink so much money into this hobby anymore, so it's best to call it "quits."
      2. I plan on only getting what's coming that I already purchased months ago: DF-F Linfeng, and Minifee Ria
      3. I also have Minifee Mir coming, buuuut that's a gift to my friend (yes, I am crazy for dropping that much money on a gift for a friend)
      4. I only plan on keeping my Minfee Tika (shelling into my Fallout NV OC), Minifee Ria, and Linfeng
      5. ...oh right I have another doll head coming to me from an independent artist. Dunno if I'll be keeping him or not (not even sure if he's on topic).
      6. Get rid of 90% of my doll clothes. I have waaaay too many
      7. And last but not least, paint what dolls I have coming in and finish Tika. I do still need to purchase things like clothes and stuff to suit them, but honestly that stuff can wait

10. Update:
      1. Create safe space to display dolls. We moved and this house gets even MORE sunlight then my last.
      2. Make a new wig for Hypatia
      3. Finish(or at least attempt to) my pukipuki lantern house.
      4. Possible redo most of my dolls clothes to match the nautical theme of my room or the tiki theme of the rest of the house

11. I'm paying off my layaway, stocking up on clothing, learning how to sew doll clothes, and make doll furniture.

12. Sell off dolls that no longer fit in my collection, reduce the amount of dolls at home and bring home the last few dolls I've been meaning to buy. That's it really.

13. My 2020 Plans:
      - Get Doll Bodies for the horde of floating heads. Only bodies

How 2020 has gone down so far:
      - Get some bodies (way to go!)
      - And a few new dolls
      - okay more than a few new dolls
      - why did i buy another head

How 2020 is going to continue to go down:
      - There is no order. Only chaos. buy whatever.

14. Planning (revised early December):
      1. F60: medieval top, medieval shirt, sarouel, finish his face up, trousers. Done: 3 long-sleeved t-shirts.
      2. Twigling/TL3: legwarmers, pullovers, skirts, leggings, wipe off her face up, new face up, dreadlock wig with beads.
      3. Timeless Body: tight top, tight vest. Trousers with working pockets, shorts with working pockets. Venitu: wipe off his face up or finish it. Eloy: face up.
      4. Feeple65: jacket, skirt to wear with leggings, cheerful hood.
      5. DC: boots, shoes, tops/vests, capes, saddle. Done: 2 tops.
      6. MSD: leggings, jeans/trousers, a basic top, skirt, sandals, stretchy dentelle shorts, short black wig, grey boots.
      7. DZ: trousers with working pockets, finish his face up.
      8. Saintbloom: pullovers, hoodies, dentelle top/tops (basic ribbons + tubes).
      9. Tackle ''how to make a head with multiple eyes".
      10. Tackle 'how to make a BJD". WIP
      11. Props.
      12. Sell a doll and 4 heads - I sold 1 doll and 2 heads :3nodding:: 2 Heads to go!

#294 Lilla, Sep 26, 2020
      Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
    15. My goals before the end of the year:

1. Finish up my dollhouse for my Lati Yellow (going to work on it today!)
      2. Order some new eyes/accessories/clothes for the Bunny Bunny I just ordered.
      3. Maybe order a Lati Yellow if they open up orders for them?
      4. And get a DSLR camera so I can take some new pretty pictures of my collection! :)

16. How 2020 was meant to go:
      • Buy a single doll with face up
      • Buy wig
      • Make outfit for doll
      • If made outfit is terrible, go buy an outfit.

How 2020 is going:
      • Buy a single doll with face up
      • Buy wig
      • Why do I keep looking at other dolls
      • Why did I buy another pair of eyes.
      • When will I actually make the outfit

17. I didn't mean to, but I fell in love with Granado's mature minis and ordered his newest, Ninth on the Zen body. I'm hoping to get him around Christmas. I did get my Granado Zen Galileo right on time as expected and my Soom Best pick Rick arrived just in time for my birthday. Last order of the year.

18. My 2020 doll plans might sound a bit grim:
      -Organize all doll stuff
      -Take pictures of everything
      -Sell both of my dolls and all the good stuff
      -Hope corona ends soon

19. Well, my plans got blown out of the water. The new plans will be to pay off my latest layaway, find the last bit for that doll.

Then hopefully so a faceup a weekend before it gets too cold to at least get the dolls looking better.

20. Lol, I completely forgot about these plans! So far I have done nothing on this list. 2020 has been very tough. However, the year isn't finished yet, and I'm going to see how many of these I can accomplish before the year is out! I'm already in the process of ordering one of the dolls on my wishlist, so while I won't have him in my possession before the year is out, I can still check him off the list. I'll have to see what I can do with the clothes, wig, and eyes, as well...poor Clara has been waiting for sooo long. A diorama would also be nice - I now have a bookcase that would work well for it.