1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

2020 Doll Plans

Oct 16, 2019

?

What are your doll plans for 2020?

Poll closed Jan 1, 2020.
  1. Buying new dolls

136 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Paying layaways

47 vote(s)
    17.3%
  3. Working on the dolls you have

226 vote(s)
    83.1%
  4. Sculpting

35 vote(s)
    12.9%
  5. Making clothes/wigs

152 vote(s)
    55.9%
  6. Practicing your faceups/body blushing skills

119 vote(s)
    43.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    1. I think my main goals for 2020 will be (1) re-evaluating my current collection and deciding which dolls I REALLY want to keep, and (2) overhauling the dolls I'm wanting to keep with new outfit styles, faceups etc.

During the last half of this year I feel like I've started to understand what I want from my doll collection and how I want it to be, and so that inevitably means changing things up a bit. At the moment my dolls are just far too random and aimless, and it's really starting to bother me.
      I plan to sell off a couple of dolls at least, especially those that I'm really just hanging on to because I can't face the hassle of selling them, and I'm also looking to replace some heads with new ones that fit my dolls' characters better. I also need to have a good sort through all the clothes and wigs etc. that I've accumulated over the years and either sell or repurpose anything that's of no use.

Oh, and I need to sort out a better photography setup! I'm sure I say that every single year, but not having an easy way to take photographs of my dolls really hinders me from doing it. Lighting is probably the most important thing I need to figure out there, but having a decent background to photograph against is always a problem too *_*

2. I need to work on the dolls I have, some are older 2nd hand dolls and need some TLC. I want to do some face-ups. Got the supplies on hand, just haven't had time. I also want to get a light box set up so I can take some decent photos again! Maybe some sewing if I can fit that in. I don't intend to buy any new dolls in 2020, but if something interesting shows up on a Volks lottery, I may change my mind and try for it.

3. Those who know me can tell that I´m a bit crazy for Rozen Maiden bjds. So for next year:

1) wait for pictures of the DOLK x Rozen Maiden Shinku and Suigintou dolls - if they are amazing enough to justify the huge price tag I will preorder them ...and that will be most/all my budget that year.
      2) sell 2-3 of the dolls I have had for a long time but that are gathering dust. As hard as it is to let go - I don´t think I can justify keeping such an expensive object around when it doesn´t spark enough joy. Not to mention that this would give me more money to invest in new dolls (mainly point1) ).
      3) Rest:
      - hopefully, I will have some money left to get 1-2 of my most wanted outfits. Somehow the designers I like always seem to come out with beautiful sets when I don´t have hundreds of dollars left for dresses, so I´m happy if I can manage to at least buy the 1-2 sets a year that I really fall for.
      - acquire more wigs and eyes! This is also my priority for the remainder of this year.
      - pray that Volks doesn´t do anything crazy since Dolk is already threatening to take all my money

#43 silver sycle, Oct 19, 2019
      Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    4. No money for dolls next year. I'm in debt to education loan.:(

5. My collection is complete, sculpt wise, but I'm going to completely overhaul their looks. Hopefully, in 2020, I'll be able to finish at least one of them, perhaps 2. But since there is a lot of stuff that needs to be doing (from mods, to wig making, to sending them out for a face-up to designing and sewing their outfits and accessories) AND I have so little time, it's going to be a tight schedule.

6. Wow is it already that time of the year??
      Well, depending on how things will go this what I hope to get done in 2020, more or less in order of importance

purchases:
      Smartdoll Athena (or other smd in tea if it fits the chara better)
      Souldoll Terra Zenith body for Yasuo
      Clothes for Kohei & Mutsuki
      Eyes for Mutsuki, big Sen & Marcelina

projects:
      Wigs for: Sen, Mutsuki, Yasuo, Yoshiaki, Sasha & Arslan
      Tails for: little Sen (3) and big Sen (6)

camera setup for doll photography:
      Static macro lens
      Ringlight

7. - buy 1/6 doll.
      - buy 1/3 doll or its head.
      - buy Dollits Jini.

- lvl wig making skill.
      - sewing? shoes making? i hope i can do it too.

8. I have decided I will get one or two dolls I want this December, depending on company events, but next year I am going to be strict about it; I don't buy any more dolls, as I have a cupboard that fits six, and now I think I have exactly that (or seven?) plus some heads, if I count in everyone that is still being made. My dreams include practicing to sculpt some faces, but I don't know if I have time, as I have a book to write, a bachelors to finish next May, and a job too.

I also definitely want to sew for my dolls. I currently have a serious lack of boys' clothes, one goes shirtless and one hasn't got even boots. On female front, I have dresses for all, but I want to make them all also gunslinger style outfits with pants and shirts and cowboy hats.

Naturally I have some faceups to do, too, as I'm getting a bunch of new faces towards the end of the year. But I'm really behind on bodyblushing, don't think any of my dolls have even hand blushing.

Of course I have my eyes on like five new artist dolls or heads that I might or might not want, but I've largely lost interest in major companies' dolls lately, I mostly buy bodies these days, so I'd say I'm not gonna do as much impulse shopping as this year (I think... buying six ipmpulse dolls, two considered)

9. No more new dolls, unless it's a switch-out of one of the dolls I currently have. If I come into some money, it would be nice to send out some heads for faceups - half my dolls have "real" faceups, and half have faceups by me, and my faceups are.... not so good.

What I really need to do is sit down and make some patterns for my Iple and Spirit Doll, and then make them some clothes, because right now they've only got about two outfits apiece. It would also be nice to finish making the pair of MSD shoes whose soles have been sitting in my sewing room for... too many months >.>

10. Sorry to hear you are not well. You are such a great animemom. :aheartbea:aheartbea

11. Thank you. I will stay in hobby as long as I can. If I even go down to one doll I will be in hobby.

12. I’m planning to sell out all my collection: and will buy something one and not big for dressing and wigging.

13. ~ Work on my current dolls (getting face-ups, clothing, wigs, bodies for floating heads, etc.)
      ~ Buy 4 dolls on my wish list (Luts Delf Anna Marie, Luts Honey Delf Bory, Luts Kid Delf Darin, Luts Kid Delf Duri)
      ~ Continue world and story building for my dolls that have stories

14. My 2020 plans are honestly a bit of everything. I aim to save money for at least one doll body a year. I can likely save enough for the next two I have my eye on if everything works out.
      I also need to dip into wig making, and do a long neglected face up for Ashera and touch up another face up at the same time.
      I would also like to complete a full outfit for Orsino that matches his in game clothing. But we will see how much of that I actually can do in a year.

15. I will be trying to not buy so much this year.
      Will continue to look for Delf Shiwoo elf and feeple60 tan A-Line body.

Plus totally organize my bjd stuff.

16. 2019 is almost over, so I might as well put together my thoughts for next year. My main goals are progression and completion. I don't think I will purchase that many dolls... I want to minimize overall spending in order to focus on my current dolls. I will probably take a step back from other hobbies to maintain my focus as well. 2019 was a year where I really focused on the guys... 2020 is the year for my girls!
      • Purchase doll for Aerith Gainsborough project. There is a certain sculpt I have in mind so I will probably order her last thing 2019/first thing 2020. I want to create something to celebrate the Final Fantasy VII Remake and I can't get over how pretty Aerith looks. :XD: I'm currently drafting rough patterns for her moto jacket and dress. Everything will be finalized once the first part releases to make sure every detail is accurate. I already know which boots to get her and her wig design/styling is all laid out as well. I'm currently on the lookout for suitable fabrics. I'm really excited to start this project! I need to make more Final Fantasy dolls!! :kitty2

• Things I need to make for Aerith: Wig, hair ribbon, dress, jacket, bangles, necklace, and a wicker basket with red tulips, yellow lilies, & white petunias
        Things I will buy for Aerith: Eyes, boots

• Purchase Supiadoll Heeji in light tan on the 65cm body. She will need bright pink eyes and I already have her wig. I will figure out clothes once she arrives. She will be my first tan girl but I want to make sure to order her during a sale and free shipping event. :cheer

• Get new eyes for dolls who need them after making sure I have the perfect eye sizes.

• Finalize Mephilia (Iplehouse Mari). I am slightly changing her image with a new face-up, eyes, and wig. I've been super dissatisfied with her lately and I want to fix that.

• Finish Orpheus (Ringdoll S). He recently arrived and currently needs a wig, eyes, and the ideal outfit. I must paint his horns as well.

• Finish Soom Shoshon. He has not arrived yet and I don't want to finalize him until then (to avoid purchasing items that won't work for him). He will need a face-up and possibly new eyes if his character changes. I have two characters in mind, so I will choose one once he is here. His tawny skin color in person will determine everything. I might consider a slight character design change for my Soom Ender depending on the direction I take with Shoshon.

• Figure out what to do with my floating heads and make sure I have clear images for them.

• Purchase Dollstown body for Natsuya Kirishima (SWITCH Waseon). Give him a face-up (the weather is no longer suitable to do one now) and make sure his eyes are ready. No more procrastinating on this one! :x

• Give SWITCH Hwahui a face-up. I'm not sure when I will purchase her body. The wig and eyes are already ready for her. I am expecting her in January.

• Finish paying current layaway orders. As of now, I will only have two layaway orders that will continue into 2020. It will be fairly manageable. I think I want to have at least once doll on layaway at all times.

• Continue watching Soom closely. I still don't own Zak! :o He is my holy grail. I'm a huge fan of murder mysteries so I want him to be a detective. :3nodding: I also want a Soom guy in normal skin. Hopefully Soom releases one I really like in that resin color!

• Look over doll wish list and cut back on dolls that are not must-buys. I have finally learned what I want in my collection, so it will be easier this time around. :3nodding: I put together a check list of requirements that a sculpt must meet in order to be added to my collection.

• Make clothes! I want to practice more on clothes for men so I can better dress my male dolls. I also want to try making my own wig.
      I am officially quitting a different hobby again so I will have more funds for dolls in 2020. I'm looking forward to see what I can get completed and how much my plans change from the start to the end of the year! :thumbup I'm finally gaining back my original inspiration and motivation after a long hiatus from art, so I want to move full speed ahead! :blush

#56 Maechen, Oct 20, 2019
      Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    17. .

#57 Gintsumi, Oct 20, 2019
      Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
    18. Less than a week and I have updates!

purchasing-
      -Island Doll Sparkle + Island Doll Angel body
      -I decided to shell the character using a Merrydollround Fang head!
      -Merrydollround Olathe head*
      -more clothes for Liam
      -jointed hands for Liam
      * unless rendds from instagram puts her sculpt up for preorder, then that'll take priority over the mdr heads

projects-
      -Practice faceups and body blushing, bodyblush
      -Liam's ftm chest mod -- DONE!
      -Dyeing Liam's body
      -TATTOOS FOR LIAM!!!!

I'm also helping my girlfriend get into the hobby! She's shelling a character and I'll be buying the head + body for her for Christmas. She's also modifying nendoroid heads to take bjd eyes and I gave her the idea to put the nendoroid heads on Obitsu 11cm bodies, so I'll be helping her with mods and stuff. I may or may not give her my Unidoll Cupi to shell another character, because it's looking like I'd rather just shell a canon character with her than come up with an OC for her.

19. I'm probably not going to purchase anymore dolls next year unless there's a new release that REALLY catches my attention. I quit my job to go to grad school, so it'll be harder to justify spending the $$ for the next few years.
      Instead I'll probably work on making more clothes and accessories and continue working on face-ups. It doesn't take much to make a doll look like a completely new one anyway. ;-)

20. I'm not 100% happy with most of my dolls right now, so my goals for the coming year are:
      -I'm waiting for a doll from Dollshe I ordered a year ago. I'd like him to show up before Christmas, but may still be waiting for him in the coming year
      -Assess my current crew and my wish list
      (Got my priority wish list down to 5 dolls 11/19 ) (Then changed one doll on it twice)
      -Get more of them painted. I have so many blank dolls. My novice face-up skills aren't going to improve if I don't paint them.
      -Get proper wigs for Kit, Little Monica Eric, and Baishan
      -Get better eyes for Ethan
      -Minor neck mod so the Little Monica head fits on the Luts body better

In terms of new dolls:
      -Atelier Momoni KittyM (Given the artist has an order period for her)
      -Order two more dolls from Dollshe (If there's another sales period)
      -There will be others...
      Neither of the previous happened, but I've ordered a Bluefairy Pocket Fairy Charlie and a Racoon Doll Elf Erika (Pocket Fairy is home!)

Ongoing Projects:
      -Make more clothes
      -Make more furniture/props
      -Write more stories about their characters

#60 Leo Pheonix, Oct 21, 2019
      Last edited: Nov 16, 2020