1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

2020 Doll Plans

Oct 16, 2019

?

What are your doll plans for 2020?

Poll closed Jan 1, 2020.
  1. Buying new dolls

136 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Paying layaways

47 vote(s)
    17.3%
  3. Working on the dolls you have

226 vote(s)
    83.1%
  4. Sculpting

35 vote(s)
    12.9%
  5. Making clothes/wigs

152 vote(s)
    55.9%
  6. Practicing your faceups/body blushing skills

119 vote(s)
    43.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    1. Since I wasn't able to fulfill all my plans for 2019 (curse my bad luck with wait times!), some of them have spilled over into 2020. In general I would like to slow down on acquiring new dolls as I'm running out of my space and I want to give my current crew the attention they deserve. I think I want to focus more on collecting clothes and props so I can do a wider variety of photoshoots, and I would like to try to improve my photography some more. Like, finally learn how to do full body shots. >_>

-Finish up Jessam and Gem. I'll be splitting an AS HongLee for the two of them, using the head for Jessam and the body for Gem, and I'm not too optimistic that it's going to arrive this year. :sigh Even if it does, I still need to get the two of them faceups. Thankfully they already mostly have all their clothes, wigs, and eyes and stuff.
      - Get Elroy's body. There's no reason I'm holding out on it except laziness, really. And that I've decided no more resin purchases this year. Since it's Resinsoul, it shouldn't break the bank.
      - Finish Yuki, who will be a DF-A Karl practice head and not 100% sure on the body yet. I'll buy the head next month but not sure when it will arrive, and his body will have to wait until 2020.
      - Finish Darian, I guess? A long stretch kind of goal, since I still haven't formally decided on a head or body for her yet. :sweat I would at least like to start working on her next year, and I'm excited since she'll be my first girl doll.
      - Clothes, clothes for everybody (except for spoiled Aramy, who most certainly does not deserve a fifth outfit when some still only have one.....:|)

2. I *still* have a few members of the crew I haven't settled on face-up artists for. *eyes Marion and the Ital guys ruefully*
      I'd really like to get them done this year. Finally.

Other than that? I'm just looking for a couple of sculpts... I still want a Lati M and a SoulDoll Celestyn. Both are pretty rare birds (the Celestyn in particular-), so I'm not all that hopeful I'll find them, but you never know.

3. I'm due for some crafting time for my dollies. We recently moved so most of them have been stuck in their boxes until there's an adequate space for them to be displayed. Would love to make one room a photo shoot room. There's a few that I feel would make a great photo story with, but I need more than just their default outfits. Been trying to learn how to sew, so it would be a great opportunity to see what outfits I can make for them. Hopefully, no more temptations next year as we've got enough dollies. Hahaha. I know, I know. I probably jinxed myself by saying that, but seriously....:eusa_naug:eusa_pray:yawn

4. My goal is to finish my new dolls and revamp my older ones a little
      4 are blank and I wan't to get new face ups for 3 others, so that's 7 I'll have to save up for in total.
      I have one body on the way so I need clothes etc for him.
      Bodies for my other three heads and wigs etc for them.
      New wig for one of my other boys.

So pricey... but about as much as this year, just on the accessories instead!

#64 LinkInMyHead, Oct 21, 2019
      Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    5. My plan for 2020 is to make my doll a costume for Resin Rose. I also want to send out other dolls for faceups, but given how hard it is to find a parking spot by the post office, I don't know how many I'll be able to send out.

I never plan to buy new dolls... but there are always a few I see that I can't live without.

6. I look forward to these threads every year. I keep up with every single post because I love to hear what people are doing with their dolls, and I make it an absolute priority to work hard on my own list throughout the year. I find it really helps me to stay focused and on track with my goals...there’s always so much to do! So here’s my plans for 2020:

1. I have finally chosen a sculpt for my original Persocom character (inspired by my very favorite manga series of all time, “Chobits” by Clamp.) I’ve wanted to do one forever, and the Doll Chateau Gladys A sculpt on the mechanical body is absolutely perfect for my vision of what I want her to be.:fangirl: I’m so excited because I’ve wanted to add a Doll Chateau SD to my collection for a very long time, so this choice is definitely a win-win. Now I just need to work on paying off her and my Luts Zuzu Delf Miyo’s big combined layaway with FF&D.:chomp: (Layaway completed!)

2. And once again Luts has snagged me with their Winter Event (for the 4th year in a row.):doh While I did NOT want to do a second layaway this year, I’ve succumbed to the lure of their limited fantasy colors and put a MyChoice Senior Delf Ju Hee in lavender skin on a second layaway with FF&D. In my defense, this was to shell a very important character on my wish list (I was hoping to delay her until 2021 of course...but the lure of limited fantasy resin was just too tempting.) So paying off Ju Hee now becomes a major goal for me in 2020. (Layaway completed!)

3. Since she suddenly jumped a year ahead in my plans, finalize the details of Ju Hee’s character and name, and give her a face-up
      (done!) and start building her a wardrobe in preparation (since I already have a Senior Delf girl with an identical body to use as a model.) (Two stage-entrance kimonos made, 3 sets of in-ring gear made, 3 pairs of matching wrestling boots made,...)

4. Once I get DC Gladys paid off and she arrives, she will need a face-up, extensive body blushing, and I will need to start building her a wardrobe to show off her very unusual body. (Done!)

5. Once my Luts Miyo arrives I will need to create a kimono pattern to fit her Zuzu Delf body. (Done!)

6. Do the face-up on Elvira (my Doll Chateau Elizabeth spider girl), along with her blushing and art tattoos (done!) Make her a wig (done) and a special lacy wardrobe to suit her character and unique body. (One outfit completed...)

7. Continue building my dolls’ wardrobes by joining in on the sewing workshop threads here on DoA as needed. They’re great fun and keep me inspired and motivated.:)
      Choose a decade round...done!
      Unfinished business round...done!
      Props and accessories round...done!
      Historical round...done!
      Working with scraps round...done!

8. Continue working on my digital doll journal, keeping all my dolls’ details, plans and ideas current and up to date. And keep my doll profiles up to date here on DoA as well. (Caught up for all dolls that are currently completed.)

9. Design my new Luts ITA bag as a special showcase for my Fairyland Realfee, Grannybelle (all those clear plastic areas are the perfect size to show off her and some of her things!) This will enable me to easily see her while keeping her nearby yet safe from my new puppy.;) (Done! This was a fun project!)

10. I just purchased a lovely cabinet for dirt cheap at a thrift store to use as a doll display, so I need to decide who will live in it and re-do the other displays accordingly. (Done! The cabinet became the new and improved “genie palace”, with extra room for their “Creatures of Nat” power animals to finally be displayed with them. Two dolls were sold, making it possible to move their former display cabinet into another room to create a special 1960’s groovy pad for Patchouli, which she desperately needed. Barrio got a larger display space because of all these changes, so his things are now more spread out and less crowded. And Second-hand Rose finally has an entire shelf to herself which she so richly deserves, with room for her and her “Creatures of Nat” power animals. See? This is what happens when you change something...several other areas wind up changing as well!):sweat

11. And wouldn’t you know it, I stumbled across a head in the marketplace, one that I’d never even seen before...and instantly recognized a character I’d been trying to shell for an entire decade! He’s a rare PicotPrince Makoto, and I can’t wait to get started on his face-up
      (done!) and making him a special “wild” fur mohair wig (done!) And he will need a body of course. (I wound up choosing an old Elfdoll male 63cm body...so this is done!) Then, finally, start building him a wardrobe (it took a lot of work but I finally finished 4 shirts, 3 vests, 3 pairs of pants, 2 scarves, and 2 big shawls...he’s totally done!)

12. Work on adding more hats by a talented Etsy artist to my big girls’ hat collection. I love the artistry of these hats, and my girls can’t get enough of them! (7 hats added thus far for the year...)

13. And now this happens...I kid you not! I just finished paying off my big Luts order from their winter event. And when the package arrived, there were two Senior Delf gift heads in there, complete with CoAs!:? At first I thought, oh geez, more floating heads! (Because I stress out so much about their not having bodies.) So of course my initial thought was that I’d immediately put them both up for sale in the marketplace. But then I had an epiphany and thought, hey, they’d make great hat stands for my larger girl’s special hat collection (yes, even my dolls collect...):sweat So now they will need special stands for them to go on. And then of course I thought they’d look even better with a wig. And then I thought they’d both need face-ups! And of course they’ll each need a name...and complete characters as millinery assistants. (Maddy Hatter and Millie Milliner are now completely done!)

#66 PoeticSoul, Oct 22, 2019
      Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    7. For 2020 my doll plans are:
      • I want to buy MYOU Delia/Martha(?) 1/4 with 3 v body in normal/white skin. :evilplot: I might be able to put my Chibi Unoa faceplates on the body too.
      • ...and MYOU Gina in coffee.
      • Sculpt something
      • Make eyes
      • Make wig
      • Make accessories
      • Buy more accessories
      • Buy a body for my floating heads.
      I did make some preparations for most of this plans this year, but I will be only able to do them next, 2020, year.

#67 Swampruler, Oct 22, 2019
      Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    8. I've got a few, but I'm hoping they'll all work out!

1. FACEUPS. DANG IT YOU HAVE 4 DOLLS WITH BLANK FACES WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU. Hopefully at least a few will be done by the end of the year but I'm a horrific procrastinator.

2. Body for my Rumpeldoll Abbadon. I'm lightly considering Resinsoul Yi body, but I'm hoping I'll come across something and just know it's the right one.

3. Wigs for everyone! I'm not happy with most of the ones I've made, so it's mostly remaking them.

4. Proper outfits and shoes for the sd ones. Self explanatory.

5. Customize my dollshe saint! I'm thinking he won't arrive by the end of the year, so all his modding and clothing and such will be delayed until he's in-hand.

6. If Impldoll releases the girl I've been waiting for, the get her on a nice long layaway.

7. Hopefully shell the Emperor. He's vastly outside my price range even with layaway (he needs to be a tan Ringdoll K), so I might just get his head and then back to body hunting. Something slim, that comes in an okay matching tan.

9. I'm going to make some specimen frame decrorations for Med.
      Also planning to get a 1/4 doll (because I'd really love to take a doll with me while travelling, yet my current 80cm dolls are too big). I‘ve got my eyes on Iplehouse's Edwin. ;)

EDIT: Instead of Edwin I purchased Volks' f-35 while travelling in Japan.

#69 Kurtssingh, Oct 23, 2019
      Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    10. My main plan is waiting for DollShe, I quess.

To buy:
      1. Cat geta feet and couple of mohair wigs for my cat boy. He has synthetic fibre wig, it's nice but doesn't work for nim. It looks too human
      2. Head for Thranduil. I just can't decide which one. There is really nice Lee Pace head on Etsy, but I would like something more other-worldly and/or more stylized. I considered finding a sculpt similar to Soom Gluino...well...I can't decide.
      3. Fang head (Merry Doll Round) and put it on boy body. Either 5StarDoll body (60 cm) or RS 61 cm body. I prefer RS for aesthetic reasons.
      4. One extra DollChateau Colin head. Better save than sorry. I'm afraid it will e discontinued next year and I absolutely love this sculpt.
      5. Find head sculpt similar to Julius Caesar. IOS Jade is quite similar, but had too long face and too small, deep set eyes, so I'm not satisfied. Ganimedes by Anhais Studio would be better eyes-wise and bonestructure-wise, but it looks less like Caesar in compare with Jade.
      6. Finaly find head for Melkor (Tolkien's character). Twigling Kahlo is close to my idea, but I need nose wide at the root and narower at the tip. I may decide for Orijean head in the end...
      7. Buy articulated hands.

To craft:
      I would like to concentrate on dolls I already have because I have too many unfinished projects. To make some wigs, clothes, jewellery would be nice. Well, it's part of my unfinished projects, actually.

11. My 2020 plans are to do some head collecting. I have to many heads to list so I won't list them but aside from that definitely working on my faceup skills. Then upgrading and expanding my faceup art supplies. Especially the quality of those supplies. :whee:

12. My main plan for 2020.....: BUY MORE DOLLS!! :XD::XD::XD:

13. 2020 is the year I style both my doll and myself a little better, ha!

14. It's so nice to see everyones goals! I hope by the end of 2020 everyone gets most if not all their goals finished!
      My own goals are pretty small but:

:chocoberryPut Floyer from Dikadoll on layaway/Buy him
      :truffleReally focus on the dolls I have now since I've been neglecting them bc my ideas aren't to my liking
      :chocoheartGet rid of items in the hobby I no longer use/like and replace them with things that inspire me!

15. My plans are:
      • Place an order for Doll Chateau's Alan (I'm so excited ahh)
      • Improve sewing
      • Get better at making eyes
      • Learn how to do faceups!!
      • Go to more meets and get to know people in my local community :D

16. I really hope to be able to buy my first doll in 2020! 2019 was awful for me financially, but hopefully I can finally start things next year...

17. I have a few plans for 2020. I have a minifee who needs a body so I plan on getting one hopefully on the market place. I also have a girl who need a face up so I plan on sending her off. My boy also needs a wig and eyes. Finally I want to get a littlefee and Pukifee sometime in the upcoming year

18. Man I have 5 dolls in pieces that need mods or TLC and one that needs new hands, one that needs a faceup (the doll I just ordered will as well) and most of them need new outfits.

19. This is such a fun thread idea! This made me remember I had a 2019 resolution draft tucked away that I've totally forgotten about... :sweat My main 2020 plans at the moment are:
      • Waiting on a body to complete one doll and a yosd to reshell another! I still hold out hope they'll arrive this year...
      • Re-characterize the v1 body of the re-shelled character (or re-home her if nothing comes of that)
      • Hybrid a yosd body for my floating head- also, name her and flesh out her design. She was a bit of an impulse, but I love her!
      • Make sale posts for things that have been accumulating. It's not much... yet... so it'd be good to get a head start.
      • Make sure all of my dolls have wigs, faceups, and eyes. I'm doing pretty well on this so far thankfully +_+9
      • Give everyone at least one full outfit and one pair of shoes!!!
      • If I were to get any other dolls, they must be off my wishlist (which is very stringent on purpose;; )
      • Post more of my projects on here! (Which means sitting down and doing it in one go, and documenting things consistently...)

I should probably take this and put it into a doc for later, it might come in handy... I wish everyone the best in their '#nomoredolls2020" and "#givedollsmorelove2020" resolutions!!

20. In 2020, I plan to have all the dolls I have bought and waiting on:
      DC Noah and the other one ( can never remember his name )
      Dz Pink Bear
      DC mermaid
      DV dragons

Also have the dolls I bought that are being modded home,
      DZ Carter into a gore mod

Also buy a body for my floaty head,
      Blush his body and face,
      Maybe blush my Myou 30cm body
      And blush one of the dragons,

Also have the victorian style outfit commissioned and made for one of my dolls, to go with the plague doctor mask,
      And maybe a new summer outfit for them to,
      Buy my Carters wardrobe as his similar size sculpt doesn't like sharing theirs and they have different tastes, and maybe commissioning the characters outfit I need, so super busy XD